Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I think it's safe to say Derozan will be on the trade market this off-season, with the way Ross has been playing in consistent minutes, Derozan is going to become a trade asset in helping get that big this off-season. I'm against trading him, because of his improvement and great character, not to mention I think he's a big part of this team in general, but Fields/Ross is/will/might make him expendable.

Especially because his contract is the reason why this team is so hampered down the road financially, not Rudy, because Rudy is a much better player than Derozan, and Bargnani is Bargnani.
    It will take more that 3 games to make BC consider trading DD. he just gave him a extension and his having a good year. BC love the DD/RG wing duo. AA is gone and than Ross and Fields will be back ups.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I think it's safe to say Derozan will be on the trade market this off-season, with the way Ross has been playing in consistent minutes, Derozan is going to become a trade asset in helping get that big this off-season. I'm against trading him, because of his improvement and great character, not to mention I think he's a big part of this team in general, but Fields/Ross is/will/might make him expendable.

Especially because his contract is the reason why this team is so hampered down the road financially, not Rudy, because Rudy is a much better player than Derozan, and Bargnani is Bargnani.
      That's not going to happen. He's not going anywhere. You know how big of a DeRozan fan i am I mean, the guy just signed a 4 year extension last november. I also think Colangelo is a big believer of DeRozan and YES i think Colangelo will be back next year. But if there's a new GM next year then i guess it's possible the DD gets moved for a big but i'd really be shock if that happens.

I also remember Casey saying a couple of weeks ago that they're going to build this team around Gay and DeRozan.

Not sure how they're going to integrate Ross in the lineup next year. I believe Ross has a higher upside than DeRozan and will be a better player if he continues to improve his game. Maybe we'll see them play small ball next year?

Valanciunas/Amir
      Gay
      DeRozan
      Ross
      Lowry
      Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 16, 2013, 01:32 PM.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• BC wouldn't be doing his job if he doesn't at least entertain offers for Demar. If someone wants him bad enough, ya never know what they'll give up

Comment

• I don't think BC will initiate talks, but I think he will listen to guys when they call about Demar, and possibly Ross as well. We have gotten to watch Demar a lot and dissect his flaws, but he's still a pretty high quality offensive weapon. I don't know what kind of deal BC would consider for Demar. My gut instincts tell me he is not traded this summer. This team will hopefully just trade Bargs and plug whatever holes around the team after that, then go into the season and evaluate before subtracting from such a young core...and the core is finally pretty young, when you consider the oldest guys are Lowry, Gay and Amir. Unless a home-run trade (legit all-star) is offered this summer, go into the season and evaluate. This team has 2 seasons to figure out what works and who to keep before Gay expires and JV starts to really hit his stride....sidenote: I really hope BC is no moron and at least waits until next summer to think about extending Gay.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            That's not going to happen. He's not going anywhere. You know how big of a DeRozan fan i am I mean, the guy just signed a 4 year extension last november. I also think Colangelo is a big believer of DeRozan and YES i think Colangelo will be back next year. But if there's a new GM next year then i guess it's possible the DD gets moved for a big but i'd really be shock if that happens.

I also remember Casey saying a couple of weeks ago that they're going to build this team around Gay and DeRozan.

Not sure how they're going to integrate Ross in the lineup next year. I believe Ross has a higher upside than DeRozan and will be a better player if he continues to improve his game. Maybe we'll see them play small ball next year?

Valanciunas/Amir
            Gay
            DeRozan
            Ross
            Lowry
            I agree that it's strongly unlikely Derozan goes, but I'm somewhat skeptical about Derozan "not going anywhere." Now, to be honest, I don't want to him to go, and I feel he's going to be a big part of this team, but it would be foolish for BC, NOT to entertain any calls, deals on the table for him, especially if it nets back any players that address an issue, or significant talent.

A two guard that improves every season, scorer, athletic player, and a player that seems to be favoured fairly well around the league. $10 million is overpaying him a million or two, but he's going to be a guy that if BC puts on the table, he will get calls, and that might be his best bet to get rid of Bargnani to get that big name player that they want.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• It's to early to give up on demar and go with ross. We should wait a year or two then see where they are at

Comment

• IMO derozan isn't as tradeable as you think. You would be paying him for his potential production, not what he is capable of right now. How many GM's would be willing to take a risk like that and send a game changing power forward our way in return?

That being said, I would love to dump derozan on the atlanta hawks in a sign and trade for josh smith. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  His still the same player.
                  When 2 out of 4 paragraphs are about his shooting (which has been considerably better this year) then no, he isn't the same player.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    It's to early to give up on demar and go with ross. We should wait a year or two then see where they are at
                    That's the problem, the consistency of being able to SEE where Ross is especially will be hard, because next year the team will clearly be fighting for a playoff spot, and depending on the wings returning/joining next season, it'll be hard for him to get his minutes between Gay/Derozan/Fields.

Quite frankly, as much as I've been a big supporter of Demar's game, improvement, and character, Ross is miles ahead as a rookie than Demar was as a rookie.

Comment

• Following a 28 point outburst vs. the Lakers, it's now been 4 straight poor games for DeMar.

Comment

• DeMars recent slump is likely due to the fact Raptors are now only playing for a strong finish the kid really wants to make the playoffs I hope he isnt let down again next season, Lowry too.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          DeMars recent slump is likely due to the fact Raptors are now only playing for a strong finish the kid really wants to make the playoffs I hope he isnt let down again next season, Lowry too.
                          You always have an excuse for DeRozan. Unbelievable.

Not sure where you've been the last 3 years but the fact is, DeRozan has always been like this where he'd tease the fans and play like an all-star one game and then he'll have 4-5 game stretch where you just ask yourself, why is this guy starting again?

Enough of all the excuses. Tired of it. DeRozan needs to bring it EVERY GAME period.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DeMar and amir (Mostly Amir) is the reason the Raps havent been an absolute joe this season and the Gay trade with Ross winning the dunk off was a good one too.

I do agree with you though you cant take nights off regardless of record Raps gotta toughen up DeMar especially, I stand up for the guy cause when credit is due people dont give it. I never thought he was anything too special before but his improvements have been have been noted fair? He isnt a trash player like you make him out to be hes not Hedo.. lol

Comment

• Usual Demar Derozan season:

Beginning of season = Above average
                              Middle of season = inconsistent, and bad
                              End of season = Finishes season strong

Demar Derozan THIS season:

Beginning of season = All-Star calibre
                              Middle of season = Solid
                              End of season (so far) = Inconsistent, looks like a D-League player, trying to finish soft

Comment

• That's fair. And i agree with you, he's not Hedo..lol.

Ball.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X