Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we get Robin Lopez for Dero?

How many of you would take this deal?

I would not. Unless they give us a load of picks, and IF at the deadline Kleiza is playing really, really, REALLY badly then I would add in him and they would give us whatever expiring they have. But I would almost certainly not do it anyways. DD is our future. They are just getting along so well. Weems, DeRozan, Calderon, Johnson, Davis, Kleiza and Bargnani are a core I want in TO for the long term.

Comment

Seriously? NO WAY

Comment

I didn't actually read the post (since you're on my ignore list), but from the threads you seem to be starting your desire to criticize and trade DeRozan away is bordering on hypocritical. Haven't you constantly blasted others as being Raptor haters for doing the same thing to Bargnani? Does that make you a Raptor hater? By your definition it does. It's especially hypocritical considering that DeRozan is having a better 2nd season than Bargnani did.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I didn't actually read the post (since you're on my ignore list), but from the threads you seem to be starting your desire to criticize and trade DeRozan away is bordering on hypocritical. Haven't you constantly blasted others as being Raptor haters for doing the same thing to Bargnani? Does that make you a Raptor hater? By your definition it does. It's especially hypocritical considering that DeRozan is having a better 2nd season than Bargnani did.
          Bargs was playing 2nd fiddle to CB1, you know that as well as I do.

DD has been a starter since day 1.

Comment

i think your grasping at straws bud! RL has played a combined 120 games over a span of 5 season so far........i dont think id even part with a 2nd rounder for him at this point.......

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...rs/Robin_Lopez

Comment

No, I don't think I'd do that trade, for a couple of reasons:
              1. Robin Lopez has back issues, and we know that back issues can be reaccuring (hello Hakeem!), so I say no, based on health.
              2. I think if we're gonna replace bargs with a new center, it has to be a real impact 5, cause that means that we're moving bargs to the 4, where we now actually have some depth.
              3. I think DD is virtually untradeable right now (with exceptions of course), as we still haven't seen exactly what his ceiling is.

Comment

would totally do it..... if they toss in nash and few picks, and take someone like wright, or someone else stuck on our bench......

Comment

1 for 1? Not a chance.

If they included Nash, then yes.

Comment

Aksent wrote: View Post
                    1 for 1? Not a chance.

Man, that would be siiiiiick

Comment

Aksent wrote: View Post
                      1 for 1? Not a chance.

Why would we want Nash? he is just about past his use by date? Oh yeah he's Canadian, so is Joel Anthony!

Comment

why would you want a 36 year old steve nash with a bad back? he's got 1 maybe 2 years left. and why would you want the shitty lopez? i would contemplate brook for DD straight up but certainly not robin. there is really nobody on the suns i would take in return for DD. and why do you want to trade him in the first place? he has great chemistry with sonny and amir and bayless (by the sounds of bayless's interview), he wants to be here and he wants to win. you people are perfect examples of why idiot fanboys never become GM's

Comment

OK, this is ridiculous.

First off, how fast would Phoenix hang up the phone on Toronto if they offered that for Lopez or Nash? 1.3 seconds? 0.9? Bigs take a while to develop (think Roy Hibbert or even Tyson Chandler) and Nash is the face of the franchise. If they traded DD for Nash, Phoenix fans would riot harder than fans of Arrested Development demanding their money back from Jason Bateman after watching "The Switch".

Besides, if Toronto does do a deal, they need a dominant wing who can create their own shot. I know in the other thread, I suggested Arenas and that got a bit of a thumbs down, because as you can see by guys like Ron Artest, Rasheed Wallace, Nate Robinson and Steven Jackson, you can't win with guys that have a bad attitude oh wait you can!

Comment

_cp_ wrote: View Post
                            why would you want a 36 year old steve nash with a bad back? he's got 1 maybe 2 years left. and why would you want the shitty lopez? i would contemplate brook for DD straight up but certainly not robin. there is really nobody on the suns i would take in return for DD. and why do you want to trade him in the first place? he has great chemistry with sonny and amir and bayless (by the sounds of bayless's interview), he wants to be here and he wants to win. you people are perfect examples of why idiot fanboys never become GM's
                            if chemistry alone was enough to keep players JJ would still be here... the fact is at some point DD has to show more then he is now or hes not worth keeping.... i doubt anyone on here would argue whos the better Lopez brother but DD would more likely to be traded for Robin for the mere fact that NJ would never make that trade...

You'd also be better off Keeping crap like your last comment to yourself if u want anyone to take u seriously!

now if we could swap DD for Derrick Favers i wouldnt be mad at all... from what ive read Avery Johnsons not overly impressed with him anyway & believe it or not but Kris Humphries has been averaging more minutes & has done pretty well too LOL
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              You sir are the hypocrite. To compare Bargnani's second season under Mitchell, off the bench one night playing 30 minutes at center, and the next playing 4 minutes, then moving him to the three because ball hog was already at the 4, is not at all the same as the way DeRozan has been handled.
                              As a matter of fact DeRozan has Bargnani to thank for his starting role the way I see it, because B.C. saw how much Mitchell screwed Bargnani up, and demanded DeMar start and get minutes to develop regardless of his play and that has held true to this day or he would not be starting.DeRozan while a talented promising and developing athlete is not currently the best SG on the team, and based purely on that would be relegated to 5 or 6 minutes per game behind Weems and Barbosa.

Comment

Working...
                              X