What does "retooling" mean ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "retooling" mean ?

Can some one please explain what this term b/c constantly uses in every interview means ?

Don't know what retoolling is, but I know what retooling is.

Comment

It's a way of saying rebuilding without actually saying the word, because the term "rebuild" scares fans and sponsors away.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Retooling means to add strong additional pieces to an already strong base. In BC's case the strong base consists of Bargs, DD, Amir, Jose, Jack, Weems, Reggie, etc. In most cases the strong base is often successful, but not at the point of being a champion, however, on the brink. I agree with Tim that 'retooling' is used often by BC to keep the fan base hopeful and to buy him time to fix up this mess.

Comment

Think of a carpenter's pouch with a decent tape measure, a good chalk-line, good serviceable pliers and a nerf hammer. Making Bargs the main offensive weapon and running the majority of plays through him is a mistake. I'd rather Dorsey get a shot at it. Andrea's really just not that good. He's reached his potential, is overpaid, has a non-challance that becomes cancerous....and his defense is just plain stupid. I was a supporter for years but my patience has run out.

Comment

so how can any bc supporters here still think BC is a good gm ?

we can blame bosh, hedo, j.o., tj, marion, and everyone else all we want.

we still dont have a young developing C or PG

Comment

My patience is run out with Brian also.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                so how can any bc supporters here still think BC is a good gm ?

we can blame bosh, hedo, j.o., tj, marion, and everyone else all we want.

we still dont have a young developing C or PG
                Are there still a lot of BC supporters? He lost me but I can't think of a good available replacement. He's decent but was given too many passes because his dad is a genius.

Comment

How many GM's in their first four years at the helm have had great success? GM's are artists and sometimes they just need a fresh canvas. If BC was around for 10 years with constant roster turnover, and no success then I would say he sucks. What does everybody in here think that other GM's in the league think of Brian? If we fire him, do you think other GM's around the league are going to wanna jump into the pressure cooker? Fuck it, lets keep getting angry it seems to be working, and players seem to love staying in Toronto............

Comment

Retooling see examples of signing JO and signing Hedo instead of drafting or trading away vets for younger players which would have be called "rebuilding" (see Sacramento)

Basically if we would have kept our picks and traded our vets we would have been a better team today then the team you see today and the last two seasons.

Comment

It his being a tool over and over again, especially with bad free agent signings and draft picks.

Comment

A new age term...no different from re-branding or re-engineering or even re-loading. They essentially have one aspect in common...the previous entity/product did not work or got out dated and we are changing it. Cpme to think of it "retooling" is the term used when changing an auto production line to "build" a new model.

At the core, BC is also a marketing man and so is his boss Peddie (who used to sell/market toothpaste, pampers I believe).

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                          How many GM's in their first four years at the helm have had great success? GM's are artists and sometimes they just need a fresh canvas. If BC was around for 10 years with constant roster turnover, and no success then I would say he sucks. What does everybody in here think that other GM's in the league think of Brian? If we fire him, do you think other GM's around the league are going to wanna jump into the pressure cooker? Fuck it, lets keep getting angry it seems to be working, and players seem to love staying in Toronto............
                          do you realize 99% of GM's get their jobs, b/c the previous gm f'd up and got fired ?

do you realize how many basketball people with experience are out there just waiting for some team to give them a shot...

do you know who john hammond is ? you like pointing out BC's EOY award so often, go check out the 2010 EOY and see how he got his start...

the 1% is BC who got his job only cuz his dad was a billionaire and owned the team...

Comment

Same people that think Bryan is doing a good job and is a genius still are the same people who think bargnani is a top ten centre and all star and that kleiza was about to "break out"

basically raptor fans that are individual fans of home players based mostly on ethnicity and race rather than anything basketball related which is also to say they are mostly some idiots....

Comment

Rebuilding = starting over from the bottom with new personnel and developing what you have
                              Retooling = using resources thru trades and money to turnover the roster immediately and change the team within a short time frame and still compete at the same or similar levels...

Comment

Working...
                              X