No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @tomhaberstroh Most shots Kevin Love has taken in a game this season: 25. Kevin Durant: 24. LeBron: 20 … Rudy Gay MISSED 26 tonight.
    Definitely my favourite one.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

The only blessing and hope we have is there is an idiot at ESPN who thought he was worthy of "Top Performer". I hope that person is also working for the Bobcats or Cavs.

As one can see, people on Twitter understood that Gay had a bad night. Whoever chooses the “top performer” at ESPN.com, though, disagreed. According to this person, Gay was the top performer for the Raptors last night. And who can argue? Gay did score 29 points. And if you only look at points scored in a box score, then you have to agree Gay was the Raptors “best” player.

But if you understand the other numbers in the box score, you would disagree. In fact, if you simply understood the basic rules of basketball you would have to disagree.
      nobody chooses the top performer at espn. it is based on this formula:

PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*FGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)

and they track it every night here

it is basically a measure of who was most productive but (obviously) not necessarily efficient, and speaks to the fact that this whole frigging team stinks.

i would imagine rudy gay's trade value is complete dog shit now and really, really wish this team were blown up in the summer as a few posters here were espousing. i see the tenor of the board has changed quite a bit and a lot more are on board with a rebuild, but feel it's way too late to get anything remotely approaching what i would call an asset.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        nobody chooses the top performer at espn. it is based on this formula:

PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*FGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)

and they track it every night here

it is basically a measure of who was most productive but (obviously) not necessarily efficient, and speaks to the fact that this whole frigging team stinks.

i would imagine rudy gay's trade value is complete dog shit now and really, really wish this team were blown up in the summer as a few posters here were espousing. i see the tenor of the board has changed quite a bit and a lot more are on board with a rebuild, but feel it's way too late to get anything remotely approaching what i would call an asset.
        THanks for explanation!

I never knew that.

Comment

• And people wonder why Masai is playing "wait and see", he's not playing "wait and see", nobody wants Rudy because he's not even worth 1/2 of his contract. Not only that, he's too selfish to assume the role of 3rd option on a contender (which is the role that actually suits his skillset).

Comment

• Rudy Gay finding other ways to help Raptors win. Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating. His shooting awfully but, helping in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Rudy Gay finding other ways to help Raptors win. Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating. His shooting awfully but, helping in other ways.

Amazing. He's career high in turnovers too.
              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Nov 27, 2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Rudy Gay finding other ways to help Raptors win. Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating. His shooting awfully but, helping in other ways.
                Tapatalk
                Nononono.
                I don't like this.
                He's so bad.
                He's the worst.
                No.

He probably has the the worst turnover to contribution-of-any-kind ratio in the whole league.

Here's another stat I bet would be interesting to look up:
                Does anybody in the league get less points/assists while possessing the ball more?

Why isn't it obvious to everybody watching Raptors basketball that he hurts us more than he helps?
                Blows my mind.
                Melts it.

He makes worse decisions than Casey.
                *Boom*

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                  Nononono.
                  I don't like this.
                  He's so bad.
                  He's the worst.
                  No.

He probably has the the worst turnover to contribution-of-any-kind ratio in the whole league.

Does anybody in the league get less points/assists while possessing the ball more?

Why isn't it obvious to everybody watching Raptors basketball that he hurts us more than he helps?
                  Blows my mind.
                  Melts it.

He makes worse decisions than Casey.
                  *Boom*
                  Because people are blinded by PPG.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Because people are blinded by PPG.
                    No I'm fooled by this

Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post

Gay is one of 5 non-PG players with a Usage % over 30% (Westbrook, Irving and Rose are the PG's that make up the only 8 players to reach 30%). The other 5 are Demarcus Cousins, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

Usage%
                      Melo 32.4%
                      Cousins 34.9%
                      Durant 30.6%
                      Gay 31.1%
                      LBJ 30.1%

PPG
                      Melo 26.5
                      Cousins 25.1
                      KD 26.4
                      Gay 19.7 - only one under 20
                      LBJ 26.7

APG
                      Melo 2.6
                      Cousins 2.4
                      KD 4.8
                      Gay 2.3 - lowest of this group
                      LBJ 6.8

So to answer the question, no.

Other goodies in this group
                      PER
                      Melo 22.3
                      Cousins 24.5
                      KD 26.2
                      Gay 15.4 - league avg is considered 15
                      LBJ 30.8

Offensive Win Shares
                      Melo 1.0
                      Cousins 0.4
                      KD 2.0
                      Gay -0.3 - "but he's clutch" while posting a negative
                      LBJ 2.8

TS%
                      Melo .517
                      Cousins .510
                      KD .613
                      Gay .462 - only one under .500
                      LBJ .691

I could go on but I won't. Simple point is, we all know Gay isn't an elite player, yet we are playing (and paying) him like one.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Ok, I will go on lol

Of the 5 players (non-PG) with 30% Usage,

Totals - for the fans who just want results and don't care about advanced stats or per 36
                        *Note: Gay has played 1 more game than Cousins or Durant, the same as Melo and 1 less than LBJ. Every time I want to remind you of this, I'll use the *

271 points, fewest of the group and 96 less than Durant*
                        Tied with Cousins* with 31 assists on the season - Durant* has 66, LBJ 100 and Melo 37
                        67 FTA on the season, 28 less than the next lowest, Cousins*
                        264 FGA on the season, only Melo has shot more and is 30 shots more than LBJ*

For the Per36 fans out there (all players average over 30MPG and as a group avg 35.94)
                        Only one less than 20 PP36
                        Lowest assists per36
                        lowest rebounds per36
                        lowest FTA per36

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Gay is one of 5 non-PG players with a Usage % over 30% (Westbrook, Irving and Rose are the PG's that make up the only 8 players to reach 30%). The other 5 are Demarcus Cousins, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

Usage%
                          Melo 32.4%
                          Cousins 34.9%
                          Durant 30.6%
                          Gay 31.1%
                          LBJ 30.1%

PPG
                          Melo 26.5
                          Cousins 25.1
                          KD 26.4
                          Gay 19.7 - only one under 20
                          LBJ 26.7

APG
                          Melo 2.6
                          Cousins 2.4
                          KD 4.8
                          Gay 2.3 - lowest of this group
                          LBJ 6.8

So to answer the question, no.

Other goodies in this group
                          PER
                          Melo 22.3
                          Cousins 24.5
                          KD 26.2
                          Gay 15.4 - league avg is considered 15
                          LBJ 30.8

Offensive Win Shares
                          Melo 1.0
                          Cousins 0.4
                          KD 2.0
                          Gay -0.3 - "but he's clutch" while posting a negative
                          LBJ 2.8

TS%
                          Melo .517
                          Cousins .510
                          KD .613
                          Gay .462 - only one under .500
                          LBJ .691

I could go on but I won't. Simple point is, we all know Gay isn't an elite player, yet we are playing (and paying) him like one.
                          Lol I don't even like Rudy Gay, but it's hilarious how biased this post is.

You conveniently left out the 3 other players with 30%+ usage because they are the only ones shooting <50% TS along with Gay.

Westbrook: 20ppg on 47.2 TS%
                          Rose: 15.9ppg on 44.6 TS%
                          Irving: 21.0ppg on 49.4 TS%

Comment

• I'm starting to think that the best thing Masai can do is to trade Rudy & Lowry.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                              Lol I don't even like Rudy Gay, but it's hilarious how biased this post is.

You conveniently left out the 3 other players with 30%+ usage because they are the only ones shooting <50% TS along with Gay.

Westbrook: 20ppg on 47.2 TS%
                              Rose: 15.9ppg on 44.6 TS%
                              Irving: 21.0ppg on 49.4 TS%
                              I left out Point Guards because their positional responsibilities are completely different than players at the 3/4. No bias, just simple apples to apples. But since you insist in sticking your bias in, I'll include them. In case you forgot, the original question was whether Gay has the least # of points and assists of players who control the ball the most, so TS% doesn't really apply to answering the question, I merely included it since it is a good indicator of the quality of the scorer.

PPG
                              Irving and Westbrook are both over 20, which means Gay is only ahead of the rehabbed D. Rose

APG (since you insist on using PGs)
                              Rudy still is in last

PER
                              Irving 18 - ahead of Gay but below the previous group
                              Westbrook 15.8 - almost the same as Gay, but still slightly ahead but below the previous group
                              Rose 10.7 - congrats Gay, you beat someone!

OWS
                              Irving 0.4
                              Westbrook -0.2 (negative but still better than Gay)
                              Rose -0.4 - congrats again Gay, you beat someone

TS%
                              Irving .494 - better than Gay
                              Westbrook .472 - better than Gay
                              Rose .446 - Gay with the win, beating D. Rose in 4 categories.
                              Last edited by Axel; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I left out Point Guards because their positional responsibilities are completely different than players at the 3/4. No bias, just simple apples to apples. But since you insist in sticking your bias in, I'll include them. In case you forgot, the original question was whether Gay has the least # of points and assists of players who control the ball the most, so TS% doesn't really apply to answering the question, I merely included it since it is a good indicator of the quality of the scorer.

PPG
                                Irving and Westbrook are both over 20, which means Gay is only ahead of the rehabbed D. Rose

APG (since you insist on using PGs)
                                Rudy still is in last

PER
                                Irving 18 - ahead of Gay but below the previous group
                                Westbrook 15.8 - almost the same as Gay, but still slightly ahead but below the previous group
                                Rose 10.7 - congrats Gay, you beat someone!

OWS
                                Irving 0.4
                                Westbrook -0.2 (negative but still better than Gay)
                                Rose -0.4 - congrats again Gay, you beat someone

TS%
                                Irving .494 - better than Gay
                                Westbrook .472 - better than Gay
                                Rose .446 - Gay with the win, beating D. Rose in 4 categories.
                                So the answer to the question is no, Derrick Rose does but Gay is second last.

Now you've properly answered the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X