If JV was in the 2012 draft....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If JV was in the 2012 draft....

Given the year he's had overseas....where would he sit? Somewhere 2-5? I hear calls about this years draft as if people forget that we are getting a delayed 2011 draft pick to go with the 2012 one. I was wondering where JV would be in mock drafts if he was a 2012 pick. Is he above, below or on par with the pick we hope, or expect to pick up when the season is done? Are we in effect getting a top 4 pick in JV, plus a top 7 or so pick for this seasons efforts or how do you guys see it?

Haven't watched enough NCAA to make a real call, but after watching the final four, I would say he would be in the top five.

Comment

If the GM's of 2011 could redo the draft of 2011 all over again JV would have been chosen 2nd overall and not 5th.

For 2012 I would put JV as 5th overall pick which is quite respectable for this year draft.

Comment

JV would have went 2nd last year if it wasn't for his buyout situation.

I'd say he'd go 2 or 3 this year.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The scouts are unanimous in saying he'd be a lock at number 2 if he was in this year's draft. I mean he's already been declared the best pro player outside of the NBA.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Good thread. I say top 3.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

And all this before he plays a second of NBA ball.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                And all of this before anthony davis or any of this year's players in this draft play a second of NBA ball...

Think about it.

Comment

what player in the draft has played a second in the NBA?
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    what player in the draft has played a second in the NBA?
                    Exactly.

Comment

Given the things he has accomplished since last year's draft:

a re-do of '11 puts him at #2;

and entry in to this draft puts him at #2.

Comment

I say #2, he is still 19 and brings a fairly developed game for a young big, plus he knows how to be a pro.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

In this year's draft? I think he would go after Anthony Davis ... after that, it's a toss-up.

He's in a class above the Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger tier.

In the mix with MKG, Robinson & Beal ... likely ahead of all of them, based on team need.

As for the 2011 draft? Who now would dream of taking Kanter ahead of him? Tristan Thomspon? Even Derrick Williams? ... #2 pick for sure last year ... lucky us!

Love the quote from Colangelo, talking about adding a piece in this stacked draft ... saying, we already have the 2nd best player in the draft ohhh yeah. Might as well get the best, and 2nd best ... Twin towers, like never before.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

+1

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              And all of this before anthony davis or any of this year's players in this draft play a second of NBA ball...

Think about it.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X