Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC and development of young players: bad players, bad coach or something more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon wrote:
    Total career NBA minutes played by Valanchewthis: 2092. Drummond: 2098. I guess those 6 minutes, and not natural ability, make all the difference?
    How about looking at those minutes and see which of the two has played more 4th quarter minutes? When the game is on the line? I am guessing Drummond!

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      I didn't realize our goal was to be decent. Hm. Welp, so much for titles
      You have to start off by being decent before you can be a title contender. And I believe 60% - 70% of all NBA team have never reached the finals!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Our goal should be 50 wins, and sustained "home court in playoffs" success. Everyone talks championship or bust, but something like a third of the league has only ever won titles, and that was before the 30 team era. Don't get me wrong, I would love "titles" too, but I'm going to hold my breath. You need lot's of luck, and typically you need the first or second best player in the NBA on your team. Let's win some playoff rounds, let's get something going, let's enjoy basketball again.

Everybody's saying "heaven forbid we became the Denver Nuggets model", hell what if we got to that point and sustained it, or improved upon it. I would kill to have that kind of success, it's like a starving man passing up a hamburger while he waits for filet mignon.
        A+ just posted something to those lines and then saw your post. My point exactly!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          Apparently not. The numbers have spoken for months.
          You lost me? What that your answer to everything I Stated? Or something specific?

Comment

Why you gotta make 10 posts man. Multi quote lol
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Or they just develop at a different rate. You know: gangly, somewhat lanky Eastern European vs beastly NBA ready college kid? I think we've already pretty much seen what Andre Drummond has to offer, he has no mid range or free throw game to speak of, I wish JV would realize how good his midrange is for a early 20s 7 footer. JV has way more potential as an all star than Drummond and everybody around the league knows it.
              Yes but I guaranteed you he will be an all star this season!

Comment

People need to just relax. Valanciunas is nowhere near Drummond as a prospect and that's fine. Val is still going to be a very solid center at the least.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                  Who made you the spokesman for "everybody around the league"?
                  A+

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    NO x 1,000,000

Everyone around the league knows Drummond is an absolute beast and could be the next shaq. he is often rated as a top 3 young talent in the league.

Drummond was way more raw coming into the NBA which is why he dropped all the way to 9th. He will develop more, and is already contributing more than JV.

Not to say I don't like JV, but Drummond is an absolute manimal
                    Actually, he dropped to 9th because people was questioning his MOTOR! He use to run out of breath and I actually saw the columbine and he was gassed! Well Videos of it anyway! lol

Comment

Why you gotta make 10 posts man. Multi quote lol
                      I don't know how to do that. My Bad. I will have to figure out how to do that. And I post as I read them.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                        I don't know how to do that. My Bad. I will have to figure out how to do that. And I post as I read them.
                        hit multiquote on each one. once you're ready, hit reply with quote and theyll all show up
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Drummond has maximized his potential so far. Much credit.

But it's way too early to make any calls on Drummond vs. JV. The red flags for a guy like Drummond at the draft - mentality, work ethic - could still derail his career, or hamper his development.

Maybe not, but he's certainly not out of the woods yet. He hasn't even learned how to shoot a basketball.

JV's development is going to be slow and steady. Nothing wrong with that. He's got a long way to go.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

hit multiquote on each one. once you're ready, hit reply with quote and theyll all show up
                            Thank you very much. Will do that from now on.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Drummond has maximized his potential so far. Much credit.

But it's way too early to make any calls on Drummond vs. JV. The red flags for a guy like Drummond at the draft - mentality, work ethic - could still derail his career, or hamper his development.

Maybe not, but he's certainly not out of the woods yet. He hasn't even learned how to shoot a basketball.

JV's development is going to be slow and steady. Nothing wrong with that. He's got a long way to go.
                              As long as he reaches the full potential that we are hoping he has to offer. If not then Drummond will always come to haunt us thats why i always say we should have picked him instead of Ross you should always pick the BPA dont matter if you already have centre those problwms sort out themselfs later

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                                Actually, he dropped to 9th because people was questioning his MOTOR! He use to run out of breath and I actually saw the columbine and he was gassed! Well Videos of it anyway! lol
                                trench coat mafia strikes again

Comment

Working...
                                X