Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose, longest serving raptor ?

So there are 55 games left this season.

If Jose stays healthy and play them all, he will have played 493 games in a Raptors uniform, overtaking Bosh by one game as the second longest serving raptor.

Next stop would be MoPete, at 544, which (again, if healthy) he should hit... right before next year's trade deadline.

Useless question of the day : would it please you to see Jose break this record ? Or do you feel like you really don't give a damn ?

Put me in the "don't give a damn" boat. I felt the same way about the team's infamous 3-point streak.

Comment

Meh, doesn't matter to me. I wish it did, but it doesn't. If it came with nostalgia and you could say that he was the best player ever to put on a Raptors jersey, I would feel differently, but that isn't the case.

Comment

To be honest, when i first thought about it i could'nt care less. Then after thinking about it for a bit i decided that i do care about it after all. the guy has been scrutinized from all angles almost his whole raptor career and yet he is still to apitomy of what a professional should be. hell, we even tried to get rid of the guy countless times and at one point people would of been happy if we got a bag of flamming dog crap for him and yet he has never once complained or showed any animosity towards the fans or organization at all.
        Even though he will never recieve any recognition for being an outstanding player in the league-nor should he really- or for even being the greastest raptor ever, it would make me happy for him to at least be recognized for something considering his loyalty to his fans, team and teammates which is becoming rarer and rarer these days.

not that big of a prize in the end but he deserves to be there.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
          To be honest, when i first thought about it i could'nt care less. Then after thinking about it for a bit i decided that i do care about it after all. the guy has been scrutinized from all angles almost his whole raptor career and yet he is still to apitomy of what a professional should be. hell, we even tried to get rid of the guy countless times and at one point people would of been happy if we got a bag of flamming dog crap for him and yet he has never once complained or showed any animosity towards the fans or organization at all.
          Even though he will never recieve any recognition for being an outstanding player in the league-nor should he really- or for even being the greastest raptor ever, it would make me happy for him to at least be recognized for something considering his loyalty to his fans, team and teammates which is becoming rarer and rarer these days.

not that big of a prize in the end but he deserves to be there.
          Yup. My thoughts exactly. You took the words out of my mouth...er keyboard. Caldy has been super professional during his time here and should be an example to all players. He has been very frustrating at times to watch because of his play, but he still has always been one my fav raps of all time.

Comment

When Jose was being dealt to Charlotte last year I didn't start bawling into a bowl of ice cream

So I would not be upset if he did reach that milestone. But I'd be happy for him. He's a class act, and is one of those guys that really loves the team. He deserves to get there, and I'd tip my hat off to him if he ever did.

Comment

Good guy, class act. Great ambassador for the team.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

As some have already said, class act, always about team, never about self, ultimate pro. On the surface, the number is no big deal, but if it helps him be recognized for his good soldier contributions, here's hoping he reaches it.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  Yup. My thoughts exactly. You took the words out of my mouth...er keyboard. Caldy has been super professional during his time here and should be an example to all players. He has been very frustrating at times to watch because of his play, but he still has always been one my fav raps of all time.
                  Ditto

Comment

Working...
                  X