No announcement yet.

Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any room or need to add Scola. However, if Dallas were to get Scola, then I could see the Calderon rumors heating up. Calderon mentioned during the Nash pursuit that he would ideally like to play with either Pau or Scola. I know Dallas just acquired Collison, but I think adding a veteran PG like Calderon would be the perfect addition for them, allowing Collison to run the 2nd unit and learn from Calderon how to run an offense.

Comment

• Why?

Bargnani, ED, Amir, Acy

plus the ability of Kleiza and JJ to play 4 if they go small.

Plus he is 32.

I don't get it.

Comment

• I was going to say that we should amnesty Amir and then pick up Scola off the waivers.. however looking at the stats, Amir is actually a better player. Scola may be better offensively, but Amir has better hustle stats. Scola may frown if asked to be a backup. Amir would have no problems being a backup.

Doesn't it suck that the guys being amnestied are PF's and Centers?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I don't see any room or need to add Scola. However, if Dallas were to get Scola, then I could see the Calderon rumors heating up. Calderon mentioned during the Nash pursuit that he would ideally like to play with either Pau or Scola. I know Dallas just acquired Collison, but I think adding a veteran PG like Calderon would be the perfect addition for them, allowing Collison to run the 2nd unit and learn from Calderon how to run an offense.
          Dallas seemed to have turned things around quite nicely. They basically fleeced Indiana to get Collison. They will most likely get Brand off the waivers. They will be somewhat competitive next year, and still have a lot of cap space in 2013 to try and get Paul and/or Howard.

I like the idea of Jose on Dallas as well.. but $10M for a backup is going to be a hard sell for anyone. I think Jose's max worth will be at the dead line when injuries occur since I think most teams have their starting PG ready to go when the season starts.

Chicago might be the only team interested in Jose, but they may write off this year while Rose is rehabbing.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Calderon being traded is a strong possibility, but there is a good chance with no other PG other than Uzoh in the line up that they may hold onto Jose until the trade deadline.
            This might solve that problem.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Bobcats have announced they've rescinded their qualifying offer to point guard D.J. Augustin.

That means Augustin, Charlotte's starting point guard last year when not injured, immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The move will save the Bobcats about $4.4 million under the salary cap and likely means Kemba Walker will be the team's starting point guard this season unless the Bobcats make a move in free agency.

Augustin was initially selected by the Bobcats with the ninth overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft. In four NBA seasons, he played in 282 total games for the Bobcats with averages of 10.9 points, 4.4 assists and 2.0 rebounds but struggled at times with shooting. Last year he played in 48 games, averaging 11.1 points, 6.4 assists and 2.3 rebounds.
            http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=400465

If the Raptors are serious about trading Jose, it'd be a pretty solid move to pick up Augustin.

Edit: Looks like that's out the window, he signed with the Pacers pretty quickly after the q.o was rescinded.
            Last edited by Ryan_1523; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I would pass on Haywood. He doesn't fit the up tempo style of this team. Remember he lost his starting spot to Chandler whom is a much more mobile player that can play an up tempo style. For the same reason I would not want to see us go after Elton Brand. We need mobile and athletic players to compliment our style of play.
              were we watching the same team last year? (25th in pace last year)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Dallas seemed to have turned things around quite nicely. They basically fleeced Indiana to get Collison. They will most likely get Brand off the waivers. They will be somewhat competitive next year, and still have a lot of cap space in 2013 to try and get Paul and/or Howard.

I like the idea of Jose on Dallas as well.. but $10M for a backup is going to be a hard sell for anyone. I think Jose's max worth will be at the dead line when injuries occur since I think most teams have their starting PG ready to go when the season starts.

Chicago might be the only team interested in Jose, but they may write off this year while Rose is rehabbing.
                How does Dallas do it? I was hoping that we could deal Jose to Dallas but with Collison's acquisition they don't need him. Chicago is a possibility. Colangelo says that a number of teams have called. I hope he's right.

This thread is about Scola so-I like him but it may not be necessary to pick him up considering all the Bigs we have.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Why?

Bargnani, ED, Amir, Acy

plus the ability of Kleiza and JJ to play 4 if they go small.

Plus he is 32.

I don't get it.
                  Yes, he is 32 but is head and shoulders above the likes of the players you just mentioned. He's 32 but plays hard and is a lunch-pail type player. He'll be good if he lands in San Antonio.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Yes, he is 32 but is head and shoulders above the likes of the players you just mentioned. He's 32 but plays hard and is a lunch-pail type player. He'll be good if he lands in San Antonio.
                    bargs is arguably better

Comment

agree he is the perfect bench big for a team that runs plays. he is smart with great hands around the basket. i think he would be fantastic off the bench for the lakers but there is no way for them to get him now.

Comment

I disagree. I don't think he is a huge upgrade.

Comment

• Scola never was very good defensively and he didn't have a very good year last year (barely even outrebounded Bargnani). And at 32, that's not a good sign. I don't even think the Spurs will try to pick him up, as he's not what they need; too slow and too bad defensively (they need Tyrus Thomas to be amnestied).

Comment

• How About...

Not sure if he's signed with the Jazz yet, but I was thinking what about Josh Howard at the SF for the vet min or small 1yr. contract?

I think he's still got a little in the tank, and yes I now he's a potential injury risk, but I think if the price were right he'd be a good fit. He's a solid defender, not the worlds greatest shooter but has a decent inside game. I think he'd be a good reserve player.

Thoughts?
                            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

• we have enough reserves, we need a starter.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                we have enough reserves, we need a starter.
                                Do we? I know we'll likely have Kleiza, but will we have JJ? I think you start the season with either Howard or Kleiza until Ross gets the hang/speed of the game, then transition him to starter (if he works out as we all hope he does). Non?
                                i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X