Boston Celtics Ruined NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I disagree, Wade isn't as athletic, and came in with the ability to play-make regardless. Westbrook is still learning the point guard position.
    Wade isn't as athletic? Yes he is and he's much smarter too. He just doesn't show off his athleticism as much as Westbrook does (i.e try to throw it down as hard as he can). Wade in his first few seasons in the league was very explosive. Westbrook is a hot head, he's immature, and he's a terrible point guard. He's lucky he has Durant on his team to create offense.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Wade isn't as athletic? Yes he is and he's much smarter too. He just doesn't show off his athleticism as much as Westbrook does (i.e try to throw it down as hard as he can). Wade in his first few seasons in the league was very explosive. Westbrook is a hot head, he's immature, and he's a terrible point guard. He's lucky he has Durant on his team to create offense.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Look, I think we've all seen enough of Wade in the past years. There is no guard in the NBA that has as much as athleticism as Westbrook though. Westbrook is the most athletic guard in the NBA. I do agree Dwayne Wade is extremely explosive, and he does (did) have great athleticism, which is the reason for the nickname flash. BUT, Westbrook's first step, the stride in his step, the ability to get from the ground up in so little time, not to mention his ability to get up? Goodness, nothing is comparable to his athleticism at his size and position. (Trying to throw it down as hard as you can is actually a measure of athleticism - strength - and Wade used to slam it hard)

I don't think you fully understood my point in comparing them both though, because I said Wade was a play-maker. He was extremely good at finding players in their stride, and making spare parts look like organs.
        As much as he's a hot head, he is immature, and still learning to be an NBA professional, he has all the tools to be just as complete the player Wade was, he could become a better player overall. Westbrook is already a terrific rebounder for the guard position, his assist numbers have improved and increased every season, and the scoring is rising, along with better selection and efficiency.

There can't be anyone serious in terms of questioning Westbrook's potential, he can be something truly great.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

No one in the league has hang time like D Rose, No ONE!

Comment

They were still great players and not that old wen they joined the celts, lebron, wade, and bosh joined forces becuase none of them could beat the celtics by them selves
            TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS TORONTO RAPTORS #tradeBargnani..

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
              They were still great players and not that old wen they joined the celts, lebron, wade, and bosh joined forces becuase none of them could beat the celtics by them selves
              I agree, but I don't think you fully understand the point of getting better.

I'm pretty sure any GM that could get Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Dwight Howard on a team, they would do so. Regardless, you try to improve your team.

The Heat could not beat the Celtics by relying on Wade + company, and the Cavs could not beat the Celtics by relying on LeBron + company. So? They joined to make a team to get over that hump.

It's how basketball, or any sport happens in general. You acquire or attain as many talented players as you can, to win a championship. You think a team with one superstar + spare parts or role players is going to win a ring?

Look at the decade's past champions. They've ALL had two or more all-star/superstar players capable of carrying a team. Detroit and Dallas are exceptions (Detroit had a starting 5 of no superstars, but some all-stars, and Dallas had Dirk, but played with Kidd who was at the end of his prime, and Chandler who was arguably the best defensive centre in the league).
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorFanatic01 wrote: View Post
                if garnett, and allen didnt go to boston, the nba would be a different league right now
                lol you keep telling yourself that. So delusional! Just admit that your post was flawed! No shame in that. You say that the league would be different. I seriously doubt the big 3 in Miami wouldn't still be formed.

Comment

you guys are getting way off topic. let's get this back to the original point of this thread... how the Erie Bayhawks ruined the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                  X