Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyreke Evans: Kings not offering extension? (60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir
    I edited my comment to read, "the combination of".

Bargnani is as talented as either Evans or Cousins (it's close either way). But Amir isn't even close, which tilts the trade in favour of Evans/Cousins.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Agreed. Team chemistry cannot be overlooked either, which I see as the biggest knocks against both Cousins and Evans. They both have reputations of being selfish me-first type players or just knuckleheads. I wouldn't want to build around players/people like that. Bargnani can improve his defense, rebounding and consistency, but Cousins/Evans can't improve their character.
      Not necessarily true. IMO the odds of Bargnani improving his defence and rebounding are just as likely/unlikely as Evans and Cousins maturing (after all, they're still kids).

One of the biggest knuckleheads in the league (Rasheed Wallace) was able to control himself to the point where he was a legit asset on a championship calibre team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Not necessarily true. IMO the odds of Bargnani improving his defence and rebounding are just as likely/unlikely as Evans and Cousins maturing (after all, they're still kids).

One of the biggest knuckleheads in the league (Rasheed Wallace) was able to control himself to the point where he was a legit asset on a championship calibre team.
        It's a fair opinion and I was super high on both Evans and Cousins as potential Raptor draft picks, but I'd take a pass on both now, regardless of the players involved in trade. With JV coming in, I'd rather have Bargnani than Cousins. Evans is the more intriguing of the two, but I worry that he's too much of a black hole at PG (just another like Ford, Jack and Bayless) and isn't a good enough long-range shooter to play SG. I would much rather overpay for Batum or Mayo, as they seem like more well rounded players.

Comment

Bargnani shouldn't be traded

Bargnani shouldn't be traded. He's got the most talent of the whole team. Unless we get an all-star back, or a high lotto pick along with a starter, I wouldn't consider it. Bargnani is aiming for an all-star season. He's got high basketball IQ and would pair up well with Jonas.

Derozan is an athletic scorer that doesn't do much else. I actually value James Johnson higher than Derozan simply because Johnson brings in a whole game package (rebounds, steals, blocks). Neither are good passers. But Derozan has more value as the 1st/2nd option of this team towards other teams.

I think Ed Davis just needs minutes. That's by trading Amir.

To Sacramento: Demar Derozan + Amir Johnson
          To Toronto: Tyreke Evans + Mid-Late Orlando 1st rounder
          To Orlando: Jimmer Fredette

and then flip Jimmer F. to Orlando or Miami for their late first rounder. If this allows us to draft a guy like Royce White or Tony Mitchell, that'd be a great value pick.
          Last edited by changv10; Wed Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

changv10 wrote: View Post
            To Utah: Demar Derozan + Amir Johnson
            To Toronto: Tyreke Evans + Mid-Late Orlando 1st rounder
            To Orlando: Jimmer Fredette

and then flip Jimmer F. to Orlando or Miami for their late first rounder. If this allows us to draft a guy like Royce White or Tony Mitchell, that'd be a great value pick.
            Then what does Sac-town get LOL.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Tyreke needs to get out of Sac-town,,,but he's way too overrated. Thinks about this, Thornton is a better 2-guard and Thomas is a better 1-guard than Tyreke. He's not even a starter caliber talent on one of the worst teams in the league and you want him in T.O.?
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir
                if cousins wasn't crazy, i think he is the most talented of that bunch. that kid is good. the only thing bargs has on him is a 3 ball. cousins can hit the long twos. can go to the hole, has great inside moves and rebounds at a great clip. poor kid has to fix his head though

Comment

i'd flip bargs for cousins in a heartbeat
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

WJF

What would it take to get Evans from Sacramento if Toronto was including Derozan, would Toronto want to take a chance on Evans?

Steve Kyler

Evans value is really low… I don’t think Toronto gives up DeMar for Evans… I think they have the better guy.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors...-kyler-4-26-12

Interesting answer.

If it was just based on basketball, I'd take Evans hands down.

Unfortunately, there are other issues to consider when looking at Tyreke.

If it was 1 for 1 trade, I think I'd take Evans.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Interesting answer.

If it was just based on basketball, I'd take Evans hands down.

Unfortunately, there are other issues to consider when looking at Tyreke.

If it was 1 for 1 trade, I think I'd take Evans.
                      I threw that out there to get a non-raptor fan opinion. While I am not super high on DeMar, he by no means is worth getting rid of for a lateral move. Evans is more of a play-maker, but DeMar is steady.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        I threw that out there to get a non-raptor fan opinion. While I am not super high on DeMar, he by no means is worth getting rid of for a lateral move. Evans is more of a play-maker, but DeMar is steady.
                        I think Evans has much more talent.

Sacramento is a really toxic environment. A change could do Evans a world of wonders. That would be a judgement BC and co. would have to make.

But from a strictly basketball perspective I think it is a no-brainer.

Factoring in the 'other' elements, it becomes cloudy.

This is just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Sacramento is a really toxic environment. A change could do Evans a world of wonders. That would be a judgement BC and co. would have to make.

I agree. Evans is the far more talented player. But like you said, his off-court issues make him risky.

Comment

or perhaps he brings the toxicity with him.

not worth the risk

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                              or perhaps he brings the toxicity with him.

not worth the risk
                              It is a possibility.

That is where management judgment comes in to play.

If we are talking straight basketball though, there is no doubt Evans is the better talent.

Of course there is much more than talent to factor in - and I think we are all on the same page here.

Comment

Would you trade for Evans?

Tyreke Evans contract isn't being renewed by Sacramento. Although it's been a bumpy ride for Evans, he was the roy 2 years ago and he has shown flashes of brilliance along with some not so brilliant moments. If we can pick him up, our back-court will be set for the next 10 years. Then possibly draft a sf or sg in the draft and see what happens next season. So my question to you guys is would you want Evans in a raptors uniform next season? And if so, what do we need to give up to get him?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt1
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X