No announcement yet.

NBA Rookie Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jae Crowder is another that has played very well. He was taken just two spots before the Raptors picked in the second round.

Comment

Waiters went off for 28 (7 threes) in the Cavaliers' win over the Clips. Proving doubters wrong!

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        Waiters went off for 28 (7 threes) in the Cavaliers' win over the Clips. Proving doubters wrong!
        He's gonna need to do that more often to prove to me that he will meet the Wade comparison...

Comment

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
            Nice Drummond highlight.

That's a very misleading title. I was expecting an alley-oop over Lebron James like what Thomas Robinson did to Dwight...

Comment

Mark Berman @MarkBermanFox26

NBA sources: the Rockets sending Royce White, Donatas Motiejunas and Scott Machado to their NBA D-League affiliate.
              f
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Nice little dunk. But what I'm more amused by is how the ball got knocked in the air at the start of the vid. Not sure why, but it made me laugh

Comment

This is more Raptor related:

But man, Ross made an impact on the game when he first came in vs. Indiana. Made some quick buckets, played some extremely aggressive D. I'm high on Ross, but one game is not enough for me to really buy into him yet. He's solid, and the one thing that doesn't make me pissed off about the drafting of him, is the fact, if he doesn't work out to be that 'guy' whoever he's compared to be, he'll be a very solid 15-20 minutes starter. Playing the 3-&-D role. (Outside shooting, and perimeter defense.)

I like Ross, just gotta continue to build the confidence. When the season started, a lot of people were forgetting we drafted Ross and still had Kleiza. They BOTH are making some cases to be recognized.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    I like Ross, just gotta continue to build the confidence. When the season started, a lot of people were forgetting we drafted Ross and still had Kleiza. They BOTH are making some cases to be recognized.
                    I still aches for the fact the Raptors couldn't tank properly to get Harrison Barnes - 20 points 12 rebound and going 4-6 from the 3 point line FML!! he was the difference maker in beating Dallas tonight.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I still aches for the fact the Raptors couldn't tank properly to get Harrison Barnes - 20 points 12 rebound and going 4-6 from the 3 point line FML!! he was the difference maker in beating Dallas tonight.
                      Winning culture, baby!

Comment

Rookie Ladder!

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Jonas Valanciunas: Valanciunas slips this week after averaging just 5.6 points and 4.0 rebounds over the last three games. The Raptors are struggling right now and they need more out of their rookie big man. Valanciunas did have three blocks in two of those games, which is heartening, but he needs to be more consistent offensively to keep from slipping down the Ladder.
                        Terrence Ross: Entering the season, I thought the Raptors had a project with Ross. In Las Vegas, Ross showed off some nice range and athleticism, but his game seemed to be pretty similar to that of DeMar DeRozan and I didn't see him getting much run. But Ross has seen his playing time increase with recent Raptors injuries and has produced, averaging 11.5 points on 44 percent shooting over the last four games. Ross might not stick around the Ladder long, but for now he bumps Bradley Beal for the final rung.
                        Interesting! Ross jumps Beal, but Val getting a slip! Hopefully, he can pick it up being he's paired with Ed for the next month or so, and won't have to worry about saving everyone on the defensive end.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          ...Interesting! Ross jumps Beal, but Val getting a slip! Hopefully, he can pick it up being he's paired with Ed for the next month or so, and won't have to worry about saving everyone on the defensive end.
                          Amen to that.

Comment

What's more interesting is Ross is ahead of Drummond. I still believe that was the right pick. Developing both JV and Drummond at the same time would have been a big task, and most teams have a hard time just developing one rookie big, let alone two.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              What's more interesting is Ross is ahead of Drummond. I still believe that was the right pick. Developing both JV and Drummond at the same time would have been a big task, and most teams have a hard time just developing one rookie big, let alone two.
                              Well, JV is probably the most experience rookie in terms of playing with bigger, more talented, more athletic, and more experienced players in general. That won't be hard for him to really try to adjust, although lately he's hit a 'rookie wall.'

Ross as well has good NBA skill in the jump-shot, athleticism, handle. Just trying to get BOTH NBA experience and development.

Comment

Ross made this sweet step back three against houston and he was lookin like Vc or D Wade or something. This dudes got mad skills, a big time steal!

Comment

Working...
                                X