What Can We Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can We Do?

Ok guys, by now I am sure you heard the Bosh Tweet. I was just wondering Bosh says that we need to improve via free agency or trade in order for him to re-up. I was trying the trade machine thing and to be honest I can't see us making a major/minor move that will help us short and long term. You guys know anything that could be realistic.

Sorry nothing really....
    Might be able to move Calderon for something small like the Vujacic rumor
    But really its either the same roster as last year
    or we blow it up with Bosh leaving

Comment

Raps wrote: View Post
      I was just wondering Bosh says that we need to improve via free agency or trade in order for him to re-up.
      I dont know that I have heard/seen where he has actually said that. Isnt it normal that every team tries to improve when it can?

In anycase the Raptors CANNOT sign a free agent because of its current cap position and if Bosh wants to play gm he should get a job as one. I dont think he has reached the status of a Wade or LBJ or Kobe to "demand" how the team manages its personnel. I think he has been consulted plenty by BC on trades so far. We have already had the experience of Wince getting his boys inflated salaries and terms whuch screwed the Raptors for years after he decided he wanted to be traded.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        In anycase the Raptors CANNOT sign a free agent because of its current cap position...
        Actually, the Raptors can sign a player for the MLE, as well as the bi-annual. There should be some half decent players available for the MLE. Whether or not Colangelo is able to sign them is another thing.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Used the bi-annual last year on Rasho - Raps only have the MLE available.

Comment

the sad part is with all the changes and improvements we made to the roster we only moved down 4 spots in the draft and we didn't even make the postseason we might as well have kept last years team.

we prolly would have made the playoffs.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              the sad part is with all the changes and improvements we made to the roster we only moved down 4 spots in the draft and we didn't even make the postseason we might as well have kept last years team.

we prolly would have made the playoffs.
              If the Raptors wouldn't have had last season late surge then they would have pickd 7th and could have had Stephan Curry and probably be in the playoffs today (well swept in 4 or 5 against the cavs)

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors wouldn't have had last season late surge then they would have pickd 7th and could have had Stephan Curry and probably be in the playoffs today (well swept in 4 or 5 against the cavs)
                true but if the raptors didn't have last season's late surge it would have been emberassing.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Actually, the Raptors can sign a player for the MLE, as well as the bi-annual. There should be some half decent players available for the MLE. Whether or not Colangelo is able to sign them is another thing.
                  pretty sure we don't have the biannual. As for the Mle we have it in s&t senario for Bosh. I think that if he walks along goes the MLE since we would be under the cap by few milions. If I am not mistaken in any case we would be of a comparable amount under the cap so we would still have around 5 milions to sign free agents.
                  What do you guys think of a guy like Outlaw for that amount? Is it realistic? Do you feel he would help us?

Comment

still like hedo for magette - headache for headache. The Raptors get a more athletic wing (although only marginally better defender), with one less year on his bloated contract. Warriors get a player to get the ball to Curry and Ellis (if he isn't traded this offseason)... although Hedo's complecency may send Nellie to an early grave.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      true but if the raptors didn't have last season's late surge it would have been emberassing.
                      You mean like the embarrasing end of this season? I'd trade a season with no surges for a season with no slumps any day.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                      X