Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also for all our shit turnovers, we seem to be handling it well. Spurs had 22 turnovers vs mavs and they ended up getting blown out.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Well what Casey did was he did not adjust. DD wasn't giving any offensive production and was getting destroyed defensively he should have been subbed out sooner.

Ross I guess is worth a try at this point...though I vaguely remember that it didn't go so well during the regular season so I don't expect much from the matchup.
      You didn't watch closely then, Ross guarded him every time during the regular season and stopped him in each game.
      The only reason I wouldn't want Ross to guard him over DeRozan is because I think JJ will take him to the post and they'll call two quick soft fouls on him like what happened in G1.

Comment

Well guys, the NBA folks south of the border claimed the raps were too young, and the pressure of playing at home to open up would be too great....now, of course, the pressure of playing away will be too great.

hahahah

My opinion is that they get a split at least. A young team does better believe it or not AWAY from home where they can focus. And the crowd, that will only make them bare down harder. DD mentioned it in an interview..... away games help them to stick together. Happens in Hockey too....

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Also for all our shit turnovers, we seem to be handling it well. Spurs had 22 turnovers vs mavs and they ended up getting blown out.
          Warriors had 23 and 26 turnovers in their 2 games so at least we aren't the only ones. They ended up winning one and losing one by 40 though hahaha.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Well guys, the NBA folks south of the border claimed the raps were too young, and the pressure of playing at home to open up would be too great....now, of course, the pressure of playing away will be too great.

hahahah

My opinion is that they get a split at least. A young team does better believe it or not AWAY from home where they can focus. And the crowd, that will only make them bare down harder. DD mentioned it in an interview..... away games help them to stick together. Happens in Hockey too....
            The only way we can stop making them ignore us is to beat the Nets.

Then the Heat.

Then the Bulls/Wiz/Hawks/Pacers (haha just kidding not the Pacers).

Then whoever is in the Final with us.

They will not ignore us when we have the 2014 NBA Championship Ring in their faces.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

If raps can clean up the turnovers I say they got this in 5. Its pretty remarkable that the series is tied after two games where the team combined for 40 turnovers

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Adjustments

What kinds of adjustments do you guys think will Casey make for game 3? It was a close game again on Tuesday, so surely he has something up his sleeve--although he seemed not to plan very well for game 1.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                  JV gets stripped easily on the low block, and turnovers have been an issue for him during the series. We can try the Inside/Out game, but I don't see it being effective unless JV is stronger with the ball.
                  I agree.

What if they went inside to him but he just immediately kicked it out and did not even attempt to put the ball on the floor?

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  You didn't watch closely then, Ross guarded him every time during the regular season and stopped him in each game.
                  The only reason I wouldn't want Ross to guard him over DeRozan is because I think JJ will take him to the post and they'll call two quick soft fouls on him like what happened in G1.
                  You are wrong.

Just went through the game logs and watched JJ shot attempts. Ross was good at guarding JJ when he is coming off screens due to his speed being able to catch up quickly. It was harder for JJ to put Ross on his hip than it is DD. HOWEVER, JJ absolutely destroyed Ross in the post ups. Like spin move wide open lay-up embarrassment bad.

Believe it or not Salmons was better at guarding JJ during the regular season than Ross, and was who shut him down for the most part, which is why we saw Casey use Salmons on him in game 1...

Comment

I don't think I'm wrong, maybe he killed him in the post but that's just one facet of the game. overall he stopped him far more often than not and Johnson did very little in any game, picking through shot attempts does not tell the full story. I do not advocate putting him on Johnson though due to the fact that he would rack up the fouls pretty quickly.
                    I guess the reality is JJ probably didn't post up that often in those games, so they probably didnt take advantage. So you probably are right in that he would get destroyed, i mean physically it seems logical.

To be honest I don't think JJ is getting enough usage in this series either, prior to that stretch in the third quarter they had hardly run anything for him in either game, he was just kind of drifting out there which is a break for the raptors imo.
                    Last edited by BigCamB; Fri Apr 25, 2014, 03:09 AM.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      We need a better start. Beginning of each 1st and 3rd quarters, Brooklyn has been the more efficient and aggressive team, and it takes Toronto 3-6 minutes to match them. That won't be good enough on the road, need to start each half well and suck the air out of the building.
                      Agreed. Can't take 3 minutes to score our first basket.

Need a good start to take the crowd out of it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Ok, are you all suggesting Dwayne Casey and his staff are less able to set up a line up, or make adjustments than you all are?

Oh boy
                        Considering the garbage he ran out in game 1 (and for the last two months of the season), I don't think it's crazy to suggest that Casey is fallible. His game 2 was much better - which is why my suggestions are just slight tweaks of his game 2 rotation.

And if you think anyone really thinks anything we post here has any real impact, you're as delusional as they would be. Just posting what I would like to see for conversation's sake.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. Can't take 3 minutes to score our first basket.

Need a good start to take the crowd out of it.
                          Half the crowd will probably still not in their seats for the first 3 mins
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Considering the garbage he ran out in game 1 (and for the last two months of the season), I don't think it's crazy to suggest that Casey is fallible. His game 2 was much better - which is why my suggestions are just slight tweaks of his game 2 rotation.

And if you think anyone really thinks anything we post here has any real impact, you're as delusional as they would be. Just posting what I would like to see for conversation's sake.
                            Who's delusional? Your "garbage" comments certainly seems to imply you feel you know proper player usage better than Casey and his staff.

Just posting this for conversations sake.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Who's delusional? Your "garbage" comments certainly seems to imply you feel you know proper player usage better than Casey and his staff.

Just posting this for conversations sake.
                              Fair enough. I take it you enjoyed watching Hayes put out there when there was no post threat on the floor? And thought Salmons did well in his matchup? And thought playing Patrick Patterson, with the task of chasing Paul Pierce around the perimeter, for 15 straight minutes with no rest to end the game, directly leading to Pierce getting free of him and going off in clutch time, was a good idea?

If that's what Casey considers proper player usage, then darn right I know more about it than he does. If game 2 is more representative of his player usage, then I have fewer complaints.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How I envision tonight's game going.
                                Let's go boys!
                                #WeTheNorth
                                Last edited by xRevise; Fri Apr 25, 2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X