Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Dude what are you talking about? Also Hibbert isn't cocky, he's actually said to be very kind hearted and humble. You're blowing this all way out of proportion.
    And actually Jonas has had basically nothing but good things said about his character. I don't know how this discussion continued from a baseless rumour...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      And actually Jonas has had basically nothing but good things said about his character. I don't know how this discussion continued from a baseless rumour...
      Yea i don't know where he's getting this from, Jonas has never been like that. He just plays with a high motor

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        If it was detrimental cockiness as well that goes against everything we've heard about the Raptors locker room with how close they are. Maybe Jonas just drunk txted some players, you know what they say: drunken words are sober thoughts

Comment

Yea i don't know where he's getting this from, Jonas has never been like that. He just plays with a high motor
          As well...and I dont mean to generalize...but they dont teach "cockiness" in the Euro leagues. Team play and deference is pretty important over there so I'd be surprised if this were true of JV so soon in his career.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            If it was detrimental cockiness as well that goes against everything we've heard about the Raptors locker room with how close they are. Maybe Jonas just drunk txted some players, you know what they say: drunken words are sober thoughts
            He probably said/texted:

"You guys see what happens when you get me the ball?"

With that Casey said:

"Time to put him in line!"

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              As well...and I dont mean to generalize...but they dont teach "cockiness" in the Euro leagues. Team play and deference is pretty important over there so I'd be surprised if this were true of JV so soon in his career.
              Thats also true. Europe doesn't have many dominant players like North America does so they focus more on unselfish team play, which is a good thing.

Comment

brah i got it from the mainpage. I have no clue if its true or not.

And have you heard hibbert talk. he is cocky as fuck
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Lots of people on the forums seem to agree with my opinions. It's not trolling just because you disagree.

In addition to what mcHappy said. Kobe, Shaq, Barkley, Bird, Magic.... The list goes on and on. The best players usually have an edge.
                  Dude — that's a ridiculous argument, and you know it. JV is NOT any of those players. If he was even close to those players in terms of talent and skill than you might have point.

And people seem to forget that JV was turning the ball over 5 and 6 times a game against the Nets those first two games. Trying to feed the ball to the post and JV's handling of the ball was a big reason why our turnovers spiked. He was jawing with the officials, and giving up ticky tack fouls as a result. And his rotations were either wrong or late whenever they doubled JJ. Is that your idea of 'a monster game?'

love this team as much as you do, but I think you're really overrating JV at this stage of his career.

The truth is, there's a lot of reasons why the Raptors lost versus the Nets, that have little to do with coaching. You're just so biased you just blame the coach because it's easier than admitting the Nets were a terrible match-up.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    brah i got it from the mainpage. I have no clue if its true or not.

And have you heard hibbert talk. he is cocky as fuck
                    I've heard Hibbert talk. Dude isn't that cocky, he may be confident at times but not cocky.

Comment

I've heard Hibbert talk. Dude isn't that cocky, he may be confident at times but not cocky.
                      Yea really confident. When he scored like 12 points in Indys game 2 win. He was all like I know this could happen. It was just a matter of time, he was just talking in a manner that he was cocky
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Kevin Durant is one of the few exceptions and it's even a detriment to him.

You can't be great unless you're cocky. It doesn't mean they have to be A-holes like Terrell Owens or Michael Jordan but you need to have that belief in you that you're better, and you need to have it in you enough to throw it in your opponents face from time to time.

The humble, courteous champion is a beautiful thought, but it's not realistic for most people. If you don't think you're better than others usually you end up losing to them long before you crack the highest level.

Do or die, I take someone like Dwyane Wade over someone like Durant any day of the week.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Yea really confident. When he scored like 12 points in Indys game 2 win. He was all like I know this could happen. It was just a matter of time, he was just talking in a manner that he was cocky
                          You expect him to come out and say " Wow! What a turn of events! I cannot believe I miraculously managed to hit the lofty 12 point plateau, as 0 and 0 is what I invision myself getting every night that I step out on the hardwood"?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Kevin Durant is one of the few exceptions and it's even a detriment to him.

You can't be great unless you're cocky. It doesn't mean they have to be A-holes like Terrell Owens or Michael Jordan but you need to have that belief in you that you're better, and you need to have it in you enough to throw it in your opponents face from time to time.

The humble, courteous champion is a beautiful thought, but it's not realistic for most people. If you don't think you're better than others usually you end up losing to them long before you crack the highest level.

Do or die, I take someone like Dwyane Wade over someone like Durant any day of the week.
                            Lol, WTF?
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• letter n wrote: View Post
                              kevin durant is one of the few exceptions and it's even a detriment to him.

You can't be great unless you're cocky. It doesn't mean they have to be a-holes like terrell owens or michael jordan but you need to have that belief in you that you're better, and you need to have it in you enough to throw it in your opponents face from time to time.

do or die, i take someone like dwyane wade over someone like durant any day of the week.
                              RIP letter n

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                Kevin Durant is one of the few exceptions and it's even a detriment to him.

Cockiness is different than Confidence.
                                You can be confident in knowing that you are better that others at a certain thing, without being Cocky about it.

As for your bit about DWade over Durant ... I say ... HUH?! Do you mean DWade circa 2008? Cuz then maybe, though not likely, I'd agree. But otherwise ... nah.

Comment

Working...
                                X