Bargs or Bosh? Who'd You Rather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Watching 82 games of Chris Bosh slowing the offense to a crawl ... marching to the line 9 times a game by awkwardly bouncing off defenders ... and losing ... losing in a very boring way! no thanks ... I'm over that, thank God!

Bargnani will need time to perform as the teams top scorer, but he will do it in a more exciting fashion than Bosh, and command less touches ... open up the offense, rather than clog it ... Yay Il Mago.
    I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of rebounding or defense. I'm guessing those things aren't important to you?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

... marching to the line 9 times a game by awkwardly bouncing off defenders
      You will be missing those 9 FT attempts at easy points this season. You'll also miss those fouls Bosh drew that put guys in the paint in foul trouble, which only further helped Bargnani.

awkwardly bouncing off defenders
      That's better than having a team full of guys who don't want contact.

and losing
      Prepare for far more losing.

open up the offense, rather than clog it
      Bosh is faster on his feet, has a better handle and a higher ball IQ. How will Bargnani open up the offense better than Bosh did?

command less touches
      Bargnani took only two less shots per game than Bosh last year and Bargnani was the second option then. You don't think that stat is going to go up this year as the first option?

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of rebounding or defense. I'm guessing those things aren't important to you?
      Just goes to show you that even unrealistic expectations don't include Bargnani becoming a strong defender or playing the glass.

Comment

Mike James the Amityville Horror.

Comment

If you mean who would you rather have as option #1, then I'd rather have Bargnani, he has a higher ceiling. Plus Bosh has already failed as a number 1 option. Probably why he went to go carry Lebron and Wade's bags in Miami.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
            If you mean who would you rather have as option #1, then I'd rather have Bargnani, he has a higher ceiling. Plus Bosh has already failed as a number 1 option. Probably why he went to go carry Lebron and Wade's bags in Miami.
            A higher ceiling? Huh? I'm not sure how a guy who avoids contact, can't create his own shot, doesn't rebound and doesn't understand the basics of team defense has a higher ceiling than a perennial All-Star. Please, can we get over this illusion that Bargnani has the skills to be a great player? He doesn't. I don't see him ever reaching Bosh's level let alone above it.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I'm sorry but the poll is horrible. A good poll would not try to force someone else's opinion on the voters. What's the point of this poll? It's obviously not to come to a real, credible result. This is for sure.

It's sort of like me asking what's better:

A.) Apples (they taste like crap)
              B.) Oranges (delicious)

And for the record, Bosh never hogged the ball. Jay called iso with him at times, just as most teams do with their top scorers. Bosh only took two more shots a game than Bargnani but the efficiency was far superior.
              The point of the poll was to see who folks would have rather seen carry forward with this team because the two of them together obviously didn't work. Yea, none of it matters but does any poll? Not really, just other peoples opinions... And for the record that *ballhogging* part was supposed to be sarcasm, but I guess I didn't display it clearly enough.(That wasn't sarcasm, I really should have...)

Ugh... just watching double OT, Bargs has shot partly blocked by Brand - Amir falls to the floor with the ball and two Sixers and Andrea is just staring at them mouth wide open as usual! :-O... YES! Awesome hustle...
              Last edited by Mack North; Thu Oct 14, 2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                You just lost all basketball credibility........lmfao

Comment

Bosh is gone! Why are we wasting time on him anymore??? He couldn't lead this team to any real postseason success and now he is the bitch to the Big Dogs...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    It seemed for a while there Bosh was taking all the heat(no pun intended) as far as this site was concerned. Now that preseason is underway and Bargs has struggled for the most part(yea, he hit some shot tonight... so what, where's the rebounding we need), he seems to be taking a beating across the board on this site.

So, if you had the choice, who'd you rather(or have rathered) on your current Raps team going forward?
                    option "C" marv albert
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                      Bosh is gone! Why are we wasting time on him anymore??? He couldn't lead this team to any real postseason success and now he is the bitch to the Big Dogs...
                      But you think Barney was going to get us to that promised land? get real buddy no one is talking about team success here, is about who would you rather have right now, so you can even forget about Bosh's 20/10, compare the two players in terms of who plays harder every single game.
                      And even then we know who wins that battle....

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                        But you think Barney was going to get us to that promised land? get real buddy no one is talking about team success here, is about who would you rather have right now, so you can even forget about Bosh's 20/10, compare the two players in terms of who plays harder every single game.
                        And even then we know who wins that battle....
                        Bargnani and his inconsistent effort is going to lead the Raptor's str8 to the Lottery.....I don't know what BC sees in him that makes him so untradeable....smh

Comment

I can't see how you guys are shitting on Bargnani before he even had 1 season as the #1 guy.

Comment

I voted Bargs, because now I don't have any illusions that this team will be good.

Comment

I'm not voting because it isn't a fair vote. If Bargnani was a first ballet all-star like Bosh, I'd chose Bargs in a second. It's just the huge laundry list that Bargs needs to improve upon on in for him to be an all-star.

He's inconsistent:
                              -With his aggresiveness.
                              -Defensive intensisty.
                              -Shot selection.
                              -Positioning.

I'll take 17-6-3 +two 3 pointers over, 22-10 and 10+ free throws. If Bargs could improve on his inconsistencies he would be much better than Bosh.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I'm sorry but the poll is horrible. A good poll would not try to force someone else's opinion on the voters. What's the point of this poll? It's obviously not to come to a real, credible result. This is for sure.

It's sort of like me asking what's better:

A.) Apples (they taste like crap)
                                B.) Oranges (delicious)

And for the record, Bosh never hogged the ball. Jay called iso with him at times, just as most teams do with their top scorers. Bosh only took two more shots a game than Bargnani but the efficiency was far superior.
                                Well said well said.

Hey can you guys make a new forum category called "Bargs Hate Forum" where we can just funnel all this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X