No announcement yet.

Jonas vs USA & doubters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if Jonas dunkfaces Chandler this forum will go apeshit.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I know he's european and all dat but I have to say I'm a believer,JV game is very solid.

Comment

The good thing for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out quickly)
        Last edited by japetas; Fri Jul 20, 2012, 02:32 AM.
        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
          The good think for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out)
          That is very good information. I didn't know that. So good to hear the he will get a lot of playing time. More than before anyway. Good luck to your team. I see you are in Lithuania.

Comment

As someone stated above I really doubt JV is going to bring much in offence, however Im really excited to see him play on defence. being able to stay out of foul trouble would make me happy more than a few extra points.

Comment

I wouldn't care too much about individual matchups. It'll be nice to see how he does against Chandler, and possibly Love and Davis. I think I just want to see if he's able to have any impact protecting the paint and the glass, but won't be upset if he doesn't seem to against the powerhouse. Really, I'd be happy with not being starstruck, and being able to stay on the floor for at least 15-20 minutes of decent basketball.

Comment

2 things working against JV beyond the pressure D and Valas foul issues:

1) Chandler looks like the perfect matchup (for the US) and Davis has length and hops. They're gonna make him work hard for anything.

2) The Lithuanian Offense is so heavily perimeter oriented that they don't really look for JV for much more than garbage buckets.

Not expecting much from that game. I'm looking forward to some of the other match ups more. Spain US will be a monster game. Spain has Jose, JCN, Ibaka, Rudy, 2 Gasols and are disciplined and well coached. They look like a bad match on paper for the US's front court. If Spain can slow down the attack they stand a legit chance at an upset. And by upset I mean they might keep it close for 3 quarters.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                  The good think for Raptors fans, that another team Lithuania center got injured and won't play in Olympics. So we gonna see a lot of Jonas on court playing against different opponents (if he won't get fouled out)
                  Seems there will be more pressure on Jonas too! I can't wait to see him play, and not just the Americans. Spain will provide a great challenge to him too. His overall play is what I'm looking forward too most.
                  Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

i want to see jonas against france, brazil, china and russia. spain and usa have real big strong all-star caliber bigs. i want to see how he does against a tough player like turiaf, a non-stop worker like verajao, a non post up player like zhizhi and a young up and comer like mozgov.

how well he does in these games will give a better picture of what we have year one compared to usa and spain. in my opinion of course.

Comment

Leave Jonas alone!!

Comment

Working...
                      X