Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the fans that say, "Why didn't BC get him!" ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Matt does not like it when I refer to dog collars and girlfriends anymore so I will not elaborate on that subject. All I will say is there are advantages in marrying an ex communard.

I will be very happy if the Raptors and Cavaliers meet in the playoff. I would cheer for both teams and would not be upset regardless of the outcome. I might prefer Team 1 wins over Team 2 if Team 2 has already won a championship but we're not there yet, not even close. I have yet to lose sleep over the result of a particular, but then again I have yet to see the Leafs playing in a cup finals.
    Those are frank sentiments. But surely even ex communards are not above having just a teensie preference when the battle lines are drawn. Noticing though that your domicile is Virginia I hope you do not publicize too loudly either your lifestyle nor socio-political preferences. They might burn something on your front lawn unless of course you are in a suburb of DC.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Those are frank sentiments. But surely even ex communards are not above having just a teensie preference when the battle lines are drawn. Noticing though that your domicile is Virginia I hope you do not publicize too loudly either your lifestyle nor socio-political preferences. They might burn something on your front lawn unless of course you are in a suburb of DC.
      LOL. Virginia is not that bad, except for the too hot and humid July and August.

There are at least two communes within a 75 minute drive of here.

Twin Oaks Community, a 100 member community which hammock business (they supply Piers 1 Imports). They're starting making excellent tofu the past few years and the product is selling well in specialized supermarkets. Hippies, but with a very sound financial foundation.

Acorn Community, a smaller, more fringe community which heirloom seed business sells well to Dupont and other large corporations in the seed and pesticide industry, as well to back-to-earth type farmers. An interesting, younger group, more prone to drama and strong anti-political movements than Twin Oaks.

Good people for the most part.

Comment

Cool. Reminds me of a Paul Rudd movie "Wanderlust" I recently saw. Good for a few laffs...check it out. And Go Obama.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          I have always been open I am a Raptors and Cavaliers fan.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Same idea as the original but now trade route versus free agency

So the original post referred to Batum and free agency.

After the Harden thread, comments have been made, not necessarily on these forums, about the Raptors and Harden. "Why didn't the Raptors get Harden!"

Of course, whenever the next trade occurs we know the response, "Why didn't BC get him!"

So now that my righteous nagging is done, the point of this thread is to look at the assets Toronto has to offer in a trade in relation to other teams in the league. Assets would be players, draft picks, cap space, and expiring contracts.

Atlanta:
            Josh Smith
            $26M in expiring contracts
            own 2013 first round pick
            lottery protected 2013 Houston 1st round pick.

Cleveland:
            $10M in cap space (i.e. they can absorb $10M before sending out a penney)
            own 2013 first round pick
            2013 first round draft pick from Miami.
            2013 first round draft pick from Sacramento (Sacramento's own 2013 first round draft pick to Cleveland (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 and top-10 protected in the 2017 Draft).
            2013 right to swap first round picks with Lakers.
            own and Orlando 2013 2nd round pick.
            $13.2M in expiring contracts.

Charlotte:
            2013 first round draft pick from Portland (Portland's own 2013 1st round pick to Charlotte (top 12 protected in the 2013 draft, top 12 protected in 2014, top 12 protected in 2015, and unprotected in the 2016 Draft).
            2013 first round draft pick from Detroit (Top-14 Protected in 2013 Draft, top-8 protected in 2014, top-1 protected in 2015 and Unprotected in the 2016 Draft).
            $13.2M in expiring contracts
            Gerald Henderson

OKC:
            Kevin Martin $12.4M expiring contract (who is also a good player)
            Raps 'playoff protected' pick
            2013 1st round pick from Dallas top 20 protected
            2013 2nd round pick from Charlotte

Orlando:
            own first round draft picks
            2014 1st round pick (least favourable of Denver and NY)
            2015 1st round pick from Philly
            2017 1st round pick from LA top 5 protected
            $9.3M expiring contract

Phoenix:
            $7.4M in cap room
            $7M in expiring contracts
            2013 1st round pick from Minnesota top 13 protected
            2013 1st round pick least favourable of LA, Sacramento, Miami.

Utah:
            Al Jefferson
            Paul Millsap
            Mo Williams
            own 2013 first round pick top 6 protected
            GSW 2013 first round pick
            ~$41M in expiring contracts (including Jefferson, Millsap, and Williams)

And your Toronto-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rap-TORSSSSS!
            $13.9M in expiring contracts (Calderon and DeRozan)
            DeRozan
            Ed Davis
            2 second round picks from TOR and 1 second round pick from SAC
            NO 1st ROUND PICK

So, as you can see there are a lot of teams out there with some desirable assets. For the Raps to truly have a shot at an All-Star or near AS player, they are going to have to hope DeRozan and Ed Davis step it up this season. That is my opinion, what do you think?

Comment

seems like we are best set up to take back a bad contract and offer financial savings while the other team gives us a first rounder for the effort

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                seems like we are best set up to take back a bad contract and offer financial savings while the other team gives us a first rounder for the effort
                Bryan doesn't buy picks.. he never really has, and I don't see him doing it this year. I think Bryan is going to continue to try and keep his cap space flexible.

Comment

Working...
                X