No announcement yet.

Raptors ranked 21st in Forbes' valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this shouldn't be confused with Toronto not being profitable, or being a small market. In fact, a great many things about it have to do with things that happen beyond the market you're in. That's part of the reason the big market teams do well. Even NYK, they mention how they got a big boost in merchandise sales because of Linsanity.

Toronto's value has stayed pretty stagnant, I imagine because they haven't really made any progress anywhere. The arena is not exactly state of the art. Merchandise sales must be pretty damn low compared to a lot of teams in the league. We haven't been winning, so that doesn't help ticket sales, we don't get playoff revenue, and it doesn't help TV deals either (though I have no clue what to make of that with Toronto being in the Canadian market). Again, the team still makes money...which makes sense in a city that is big and wealthy, where they kill you with prices...I mean seriously, this is also part of the problem with Toronto. Too many corporates...Too many yuppies....My least favorite thing to see when watching a Raptors game is see courtside or platinum seatholders, like a couple lets say, and they're like just on their Blackberries or something. Clearly not interested in the game at all. Sometimes some of them almost look annoyed when the action is happening right in front of them (for courtside seats).

Comment

40% Debt that's a pretty high number don't you think? Anybody what that might mean in detail though?

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
        40% Debt that's a pretty high number don't you think? Anybody what that might mean in detail though?
        I'm assuming they are referring to debt to capital (so their debt/capital in a %). BCE itself has a debt to capital of over 50% while Rogers is nearly 75%. It could be impacted by numerous different factors.

In the grand scheme of things there is many sound financial reasons to have debt on the books, and for a teams as proftitable as Toronto its not likely a concern.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          weren't raps in 10-15 range last few seasons?
          Ya man, just last year they were #10. Not sure what happened here, but its certainly confusing.

Sacremento's value is shown as, I believe, exactly their purchase price, so I have to imagine that played a factor.

Comment

Working...
          X