Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 1: Brooklyn Nets 94 - Toronto Raptors 87 (Nets 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though you can look at it like we kept it close with 3 of our starters playing really bad something about this game just didn't feel right to me. We couldn't get key stops and we couldn't score. Everything was just so hard for us. I'm hoping it's jitters but we just played with NO discipline while Brooklyn played like the veteran team they are. It wasn't that we were just missing shots we took horrible shots and tough shots. Either we need to get better shots or we need to play better D. If neither steps up it wil be over in 4.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      MazzESPN Mike Mazzeo
      Just found out Amir Johnson said in postgame availability: "If Masai said fuck 'em then fuck'em" It's on like Donkey Kong"
      LMAO

Amir needs to focus on playing basketball and nothing else. He SUCKED today.

Comment

• Does anyone know who or why there was a girl in an orange dress on the sideline next to Drake? Was she a bollywood actress or something?

Comment

• DD and Ross will both bounce back. Stop hating on DD. I see no one here complaining about his bad Ross and Amir were. DD will bounce back. Mark my words.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            This is what I expected. Tough tough loss. I was hoping we would pull it out and had faith but I knew Brooklyn having 2-3 guys who can hit those clutch shots would hurt us big time. I also knew they would just step up their whole overall play. DD struggling was also very obvious. But it isn't over. Hopefully we can bounce back and get it together but it isn't looking good at all.
            Your coming along GLF! This post actually sounds half positive!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Does anyone know who or why there was a girl in an orange dress on the sideline next to Drake? Was she a bollywood actress or something?
              Nah bro it was just fashion, drake has random people sit with him all the time, last time it was like a justin beiber lookalike with his mom
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                Your coming along GLF! This post actually sounds half positive!
                I'm trying man I'm trying LOL. There was just very little we did well in this game. I'm just hoping that it was more us and not so much them. Because if it was Brooklyn that caused this we are fucked.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• We were pretty terrible on offense for large stretches of that game. Execution broke down pretty badly, especially in the second half. Brooklyn did a good job making Demar look terrible and we didn't really punish them. There were some positives, and they certainly didn't trample us with their own offense, but the second half was pretty dismal.

They had the gas in the first and then both teams were brutal in the third. They won the second half by 3 points, which says a lot about how this game went.

Positives? They shot under 43% from the field, weren't hitting threes and weren't getting to the line like crazy. A bigger issue was the calls WE were not getting more than anything else... and everyone cooling off from an already unimpressive first half. Lowry in particular was a lot less effective in the second half.

Credit Demar for continuing to give effort, but he was brutal... again, especially in the second half.

Jonas was KILLING me with the turnovers, and Lowry was pretty rough, too. Some of that was non-calls or shot-clock violations, but still.

Defense isn't my primary concern here; the Nets didn't stamp us. We had some problems, surely, but our biggest issue was the impotence of our offense. We just threw up 87 points against a team that was 20th in the league defensively in the RS. Now, injuries and such aside, that's bloody putrid. They REALLY took us apart, and it wasn't just that we were bricking chippies. I hope we find a way to adjust, because that's a big problem. This team doesn't have enough punch if all we've got is Lowry. Credit Kyle, he was the reason we were in it at all (especially in the first half) but wow, the rest of the team needs to step up.

Loved the intensity of the game, loved that we were battling and I loved that we kept trying the whole way through. I don't mind that we lost so much as how we lost (and I'm not talking about how Pierce made some big shots, including that gorgeous shimmy fade at the end).

The 3rd quarter letdown was, while expected, still really disappointing and was the game right there. The Nets were as impotent as were we, and that should have been our time. Instead, we had 4 turnovers, that sequence where Jonas missed the lefty hook and then the tip-in after and made only 5 FGs, shooting 5/15 from the field. We finished the game shooting 39.4% from the field.

That's really anemic offense, and the Nets aren't an especially good team defensively without Lopez.

Keep this in mind:

1Q: -8 2Q: +4 3Q: -1 4Q: -2

We were +1 after the first quarter, but dug ourselves an early hole and just kept sucking on offense, doing so poorly that we couldn't even take advantage of Brooklyn's own tepid offense.

Rod and Jack kept talking about Deron Williams, but he actually didn't do much besides shoot a lot. He was mediocre from 3 and shot 40% from the field, scoring 24 points on 20 FGAs. That's alright, I mean it wasn't horrendous, and Vasquez's defense was fairly bad, but still, that wasn't what sank us.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Game 2 will be huge. If we're 1-1 heading to Brooklyn I'll be happy

Comment

• I'd be much more worried if we were an awful road team, but we're a good team on the road and we've already won in Brooklyn.

Comment

I'm trying man I'm trying LOL. There was just very little we did well in this game. I'm just hoping that it was more us and not so much them. Because if it was Brooklyn that caused this we are fucked.
                        Yeah I agree with you this one was hard to watch. The game did come pretty easy to jv so that is a plus. Id like to think demar comes out focused next game .

Comment

Yea him saying that isn't good because it means he won't improve and try to change things up. He took horrible shots and if that continues it will definitely be a 4 game series. Unless he gets extremely hot.
                          Time to panic. We are going to get swept. I don't understand why that thread was moved to game thread.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            DD has the brain of a rock !

ABSOLUTELY horrible basketball IQ
                            He sounds just like Rudy Gay did.

Comment

• foxmachine wrote: View Post
                              he sounds just like rudy gay did.
                              yup!

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Time to panic. We are going to get swept. I don't understand why that thread was moved to game thread.
                                I wouldn't quite go that far but if we lose the next game then it's for sure over. Maybe not in 4 but we won't be winning the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X