Jordan Hamilton signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I think someone's getting traded.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Obviously has to be a 2 for 1 trade or someone with a hot wife is getting waived.

Or his contract is unguaranteed which I would be surprised to hear. I thought he could get a guaranteed minimum deal.
      I'm going to assume it's unguaranteed until we hear otherwise.

Hamilton is young, but he's been a fringe roster player the 3 years he's been in the league. Has done nothing to prove he's a keeper in the league yet.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        Yea I think someone's getting traded.
        Mr. Alden!

Your bags are packed and your cab is here!

Comment

Jeez. If our front-office would be knicks-like we'd know everything by now. WE THE NORTH W/O LEAKS!

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
            IF we can somehow unload fields to PHI with a 2nd rounder I'd be ecstatic.
            You'd be ecstatic if we traded an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick for nothing just to be able to sign a guy who hasn't proven to be better than Fields (even with a broken shot) or even possibly a future 2nd round pick?

I'd rather just waive Fields if that's the case.

*I don't get it. Fields could finally have value off the court this year as an expiring contract, and he's so far from being toxic in any way. You either use his contract for an actual "improve the team" trade, or let him expire (even if you decide to waive him at some point because his shot is still too fucked)
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Aug 14, 2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

It's a camp body, hence the unguaranteed deal.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think a trade on the horizon (Phx?? )...but I read that both Will Cherry's & Jordan Hamilton's contracts are unguranteed..so maybe this is just setting up some training camp competition?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  You'd be ecstatic if we traded an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick for nothing just to be able to sign a guy who hasn't proven to be better than Fields (even with a broken shot) or even possibly a future 2nd round pick?

I'd rather just waive Fields if that's the case.

*I don't get it. Fields could finally have value off the court this year as an expiring contract, and he's so far from being toxic in any way. You either use his contract for an actual "improve the team" trade, or let him expire (even if you decide to waive him at some point because his shot is still too fucked)
                  Yes I'd prefer freeing a roster spot over seeing Fields play. I'm not ecstatic about seeing Hamilton in, I'd be ecstatic about Fields leaving, big difference.

IF we trade 2015 cap space (fields) for 2016 cap space that would be a win 2, especially if we get a 2nd rounder instead of giving one.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                    but I read that both Will Cherry's & Jordan Hamilton's contracts are unguranteed..so maybe this is just setting up some training camp competition?
                    That makes sens, where did you see these infos?
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      It's a camp body, hence the unguaranteed deal.
                      unguaranteed, so maybe Masai is looking for a trade, but if he doesn't do one he can just let Hamilton go?
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Where did you guys hear the terms were unguaranteed? I never read anything like that
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Is it unguaranteed? I haven't seen that anywhere. And the only info on Cherry I've seen is that some part of his two years is partially guaranteed - I don't know if any of the unguaranteed portion falls in this season.

Note to all: this deal puts the Raptors over the tax threshold (for now). If a player with fully guaranteed salary is waived, they remain above the tax, unless that player is stretched. That's the only reason stretching someone, Fields for example, makes sense. Mind you, still doesn't make sense to take that hit on the cap for the next 2 years just to sign someone like Hamilton, and to a one year deal to boot (one year means if he performs really well, we wouldn't be able to use Bird Rights to give him a raise and re-sign him).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I like Hamilton when he played for Denver
                            6"8 SF/SF
                            Good shooter but does nothing else really
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I read that all fifteen guys on our roster right now all have GUARANTEED contracts.

Comment

Another Compton kid. Betting Masai isn't the only one that knows this guy well.

Haven't seen guaranteed/not reported, but either Cherry and/or Hamilton contracts are not fully guaranteed, or another shoe is about to drop. Many possibilities, but maybe Fields' arm is simply not coming around and they waive him, or he's retiring? If he retires due to injury, does his payout still affect the cap?

Comment

Working...
                                X