Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Kapono was somewhat capable of dribbling and taking a shot as an alternative to taking a three, Novak can't even do that while having all the same negatives. He's a poor man's Kapono and if he becomes part of the rotation, that's scary, because it will be a sign of just how bad we are. So I'll hope he will be traded or an end of the bench guy.
    He was a part of the Knicks rotation the past two seasons, and they were a playoff team both times.

Comment

• So i haven't read anything about the 2016 1st round pick being protected. So if that pick is not protected, that pick could be a freaking lottery pick! lol. This trade is amazing.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        Kapono was somewhat capable of dribbling and taking a shot as an alternative to taking a three, Novak can't even do that while having all the same negatives. He's a poor man's Kapono and if he becomes part of the rotation, that's scary, because it will be a sign of just how bad we are. So I'll hope he will be traded or an end of the bench guy.
        My biggest complaint with Kapono was that he decided that he wanted to become more than just a 3pt shooter after being signed by Toronto to be a 3pt shooter. It still haunts me to remember all the times he caught the ball on the perimeter and, instead of taking a wide open 3pt shot, he dribbled in couple steps and took a much more contested long 2pt shot... *shudders*

If Novak was acquired to take corner 3's, I don't want him doing anything other than taking corner 3's. Please don't come to Toronto and suddenly decide to expand your game to become a 'more complete' player, unless the expansion involves becoming a defensive stopper.
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 2, 2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          So i haven't read anything about the 2016 1st round pick being protected. So if that pick is not protected, that pick could be a freaking lottery pick! lol. This trade is amazing.
          It's only a lottery pick if both NY and Denver are lottery teams. If NY is a lottery team and Denver is not, Denver has the right to swap picks, leaving Toronto with Denver's 2016 1st round pick. It's really Denver that Toronto needs to worry about in 2016, not NY.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            So i haven't read anything about the 2016 1st round pick being protected. So if that pick is not protected, that pick could be a freaking lottery pick! lol. This trade is amazing.
            You realize it's going to be the lower of Denver or NYK's draft pick, so the only way it's a lottery pick is if both Denver and NYK are lottery teams that year. Certainly possible, but not great odds.

Comment

• Views: 1,150,721

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                It's only a lottery pick if both NY and Denver are lottery teams. If NY is a lottery team and Denver is not, Denver has the right to swap picks, leaving Toronto with Denver's 2016 1st round pick. It's really Denver that Toronto needs to worry about in 2016, not NY.
                Didn't know that lol. Thanks for clarifying.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                  He was a part of the Knicks rotation the past two seasons, and they were a playoff team both times.
                  That says more about how New York gutted their roster to get Anthony. Btw, this year he barely played in the playoffs.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    My biggest complaint with Kapono was that he decided that he wanted to become more than just a 3pt shooter after being signed by Toronto to be a 3pt shooter. It still haunts me to remember all the times he caught the ball on the perimeter and, instead of taking a wide open 3pt shot, he dribbled in couple steps and took a much more contested long 2pt shot... *shudders*

If Novak was acquired to take corner 3's, I don't want him doing anything other than taking corner 3's. Please don't come to Toronto and suddenly decide to expand your game to become a 'more complete' player, unless the expansion involves becoming a defensive stopper.
                    Gonna get good odds on that at the local bookie.

Comment

• its funny that the knicks had some great pieces coming together before the melo trade.
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        a pretty thought out and well witten article from the sun.

it's bargnani's time to shine, will he show up?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14523631.html
                        Three years later and I am ashamed,albeit unintentionally, that I started this monstrosity of a thread..
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                          its funny that the knicks had some great pieces coming together before the melo trade.
                          Blinded by the opportunity to lock a superstar.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            its funny that the knicks had some great pieces coming together before the melo trade.
                            isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            Blinded by the opportunity to lock a superstar.
                            They just had their best regular season in sixteen years and went beyond the first round for the first time in thirteen years.

Comment

• this thread needs to be moved to the "Let's NBA" forum... because i'd like to never mention Bargs and Raptors in the same sentence again unless it's along the lines of "JV gets career high rebounds against the Knicks because...... PRIMO"

Comment

• T.Dot wrote: View Post
                                Don't you guys think you've ripped him enough
                                I wasn't ripping him. But don't you think you should have a picture of bargani instead of JV? :-) just asking. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X