Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    With Bogut out indefinitely, I don't see trading him as a major disruption.

Gasol is 31 and owed $18M per year. I hadn't heard Rondo offered for Curry. Bogut have 'freak accident syndrome' versus anything chronic and is only 27 paid 2/3's of what Gasol is.

The biggest issue with Curry now - for GSW keeping him and any team acquiring him - appears to be his ankle which is close to being labeled 'chronic' at this point.

If Jennings is asking a lot of money, so be it. It doesn't mean he'll get what he is asking. By obtaining him, Toronto would have his rights in restricted free agency. They could also extend him prior to allowing a team to make an offer. 4 years at $8.5M per season guaranteed might be tough to turn down. Then take the remaining $5M and give it to Jose for 3 years. $13.5M for 3 years after next season would be the same amount spent next year ($10.5M on Jose and $3.2 on Jennings). That would leave the Raptors with around $12M to re-sign DD and JJ availing of Bird Rights without fear of the luxury tax.
    Trading Bogut alone wouldn't cause a disruption to the Bucks.. but if you included Jennings it just might affect team chemistry enough that it might not be warranted. I'm luke warm on Jennings. Personally I'd prefer Marshall. However if the trade went down I'd be okay with it.. although if Ellis is the expendable one out of the Curry/Ellis pair, I think this trade could turn out better:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7o6f2hb

That way GSW can keep Curry and Brown.. although with Curry's ankle the way it is - I'd hate to be a GSW fan.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      If this Raptors team were to add Valanciunas, MKG/Barnes/Beal, Jennings, at least one free agent and possibly another late 1st round draft pick, while only losing Barbosa, Davis and Bayless, I think they would be a legit playoff team next season. I like the idea of a Davis & Bayless & 2013 1st round pick for Jennings.

The lineup could look something like this:

C: Valanciunas, Gray
      PF: Bargnani, Amir, Kleiza
      SF: Barnes/MKG, JJ, Kleiza
      SG: DeRozan, Batum?!?!?!, Forbes
      PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo??

That looks like it has the potential to be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference next season, meaning the 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be that bad to give up along with Davis & Bayless for Jennings. Giving up that much for Jennings, would mean that I wouldn't want to take on a bad contract (ie: SJax) as well.
      Too bad Milwaukee has already stated that if a team wants Jennings, they'll have to take on either SJax or Bogut since they want both out of their hands. And the Raptors would be worse off with either of the two.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Trading Bogut alone wouldn't cause a disruption to the Bucks.. but if you included Jennings it just might affect team chemistry enough that it might not be warranted. I'm luke warm on Jennings. Personally I'd prefer Marshall. However if the trade went down I'd be okay with it.. although if Ellis is the expendable one out of the Curry/Ellis pair, I think this trade could turn out better:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7o6f2hb

That way GSW can keep Curry and Brown.. although with Curry's ankle the way it is - I'd hate to be a GSW fan.
        Oh, no doubt.

Jennings is a real predicament. On one hand he has shown he has the ability to be elite. On the other hand he has shown he has the ability to be dumber than a bag of rocks.

If the cost was a future 1st, ED, and taking on money to balance the trade this year (which is what I suggested), then I would definitely roll the dice with Jennings and hope the connection with Demar and influence of Casey brings out the best in him.

Comment

• Checkines wrote: View Post
          Raptors receive: Brandon Jennings, Stephen Jackson
          Lakers receive: Calderon, Bucks 2nd rounder
          Bucks receive: Walton, Fisher, Ed Davis, Raps 1st 2013, Lakers 1st 2012

I believe all teams are happy, Raptors get a young alternative to calderon, and my question is can you use the amnesty on Stephen Jackson in the off-season? I like stephen jackson though, and think he can provide a punch in the scoring, and defensively be able to handle his own

Lakers and Calderon I think as been said multiple times is an excellent fit for each other.

Bucks although take on Walton, he's only for 1 more season after this, and as well maybe Fisher retires after this season. Plus it solidifies their front court with a young PF. Plus the draft picks will help
          This trade is the perfect scenario, maybe we can buy out Cap Jack or something, but I am fully on board.

Comment

• your mom wrote: View Post
            This trade is the perfect scenario, maybe we can buy out Cap Jack or something, but I am fully on board.
            The problem with buying him out is he still counts towards salary cap space for whatever amount you buy him out for. With $10.5M owed next year, I doubt he gives too much of it back.

Comment

• Alex Kennedy – 03/13/12 4:04 p.m. EST

The Milwaukee Bucks won’t trade Brandon Jennings prior to Thursday’s trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation. “He’s not available,” said the source.

With that said, the Bucks continue to listen to offers for Andrew Bogut. The Golden State Warriors and Washington Wizards have expressed interest in the center.

Stephen Jackson’s struggles in Milwaukee, on and off the court, have killed his trade value. If the Bucks decide to move Bogut, they will try to include Jackson in the deal.
              Source: HoopsWorld.com Trade Deadline Diary

Oh well. Kill this rumour with another. I can't wait until the deadline has passed.

Comment

• First trade of deadline season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

Where there is smoke there is fire.

MIL: Ellis, Udoh, Brown
                GSW: Bogut, SJax

I imagine Milwaukee is going to request a rule change to allow 2 basketballs to be used considering their backcourt is now consisting of Jennings and Ellis.

I wonder if Ellis gets moved to Orlando? Or......

Jennings moved to Toronto? lol

Comment

• So now the oft-injured Bogut gets to play with the oft-injured Steph Curry. Oh no wait, they're both injured...

Milwaukee wins this trade IMO.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    So now the oft-injured Bogut gets to play with the oft-injured Steph Curry. Oh no wait, they're both injured...

Milwaukee wins this trade IMO.
                    I'm not sure.

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider
                    Wrinkle to trade: Warriors keep 1st rd pick if 7 or higher. Send to Jazz if lower. With Bogut out the year GS may lose enough to keep pick
                    Golden State only has 17 wins. With Ellis gone, Bogut out, and Curry injured, they become pretty bad, pretty quick. Maybe the tank is on and their goal is to keep their draft pick.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

Where there is smoke there is fire.

MIL: Ellis, Udoh, Brown
                      GSW: Bogut, SJax

I imagine Milwaukee is going to request a rule change to allow 2 basketballs to be used considering their backcourt is now consisting of Jennings and Ellis.

I wonder if Ellis gets moved to Orlando? Or......

Jennings moved to Toronto? lo
                      l

Looks like the joke might be on me:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
                      The Bucks still plan to keep Brandon Jennings, as @SpearsNBAYahoo reported yesterday. GM John Hammond made deal to pair Jennings and Ellis.

I've been wrong before but I don't think I am wrong to be skeptical of this pairing.

Comment

Looks like the joke might be on me: I've been wrong before but I don't think I am wrong to be skeptical of this pairing.
                        How is this any different from GState? Curry & Ellis didn't work. How will this work in Cheese town? I think Jennings is coming to Toronto
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• No possible way this works for the Bucks, although I do like the pickup of Ekpe for them, but Jennings and Ellis in the backcourt, the speed would be unmatched, but there is not enough shots between the two. I truly believe Jennings will be traded in the off-season with the Raps making a hard push

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            How is this any different from GState? Curry & Ellis didn't work. How will this work in Cheese town? I think Jennings is coming to Toronto
                            maybe not t.o but somewhere for sure. i think that the bucks will pre-emptively shipping him out before he becomes a problem later on down the line.

Comment

• The Milwaukee game reminded me of all the hype around Jennings back in January when he made those (pretty stupid) comments about looking elsewhere.

What do people think now?

Personally, that on/off court net number of -7.3 scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Personally, that on/off court net number of -7.3 scares the hell out of me.
                                I agree. I would love to see Jennings and DeRozan hook up... in Milwuakee.

Comment

Working...
                                X