No announcement yet.

Try and get Wiggins at all costs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol its a 1st time post but PARAGRAPHS! this whole scenario is pretty ridiculous and as likely to happen as Jordan making another comeback to suit up with the raptors...Wiggins is very likely a "once a generation" type player and best prospect since Lebron but reality is..we will not be drafting him. The top 3 teams will not be passing on him and after the season we just had MLSE is not gonna give up every asset we have that will be required to get him.

I've said this before...with the image, reputation & history of the raptors the best thing that could happen is for Andrew Wiggins to be drafted by another team, become a true MVP type superstar and then CHOOSE to sign with Toronto as a FA. yes it might take 7 years to happen but the effects of that move would be franchise changing. unless of course KD by some miracle chooses to sign with us in 2016...that would speed up the process considerably.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
      lol its a 1st time post but PARAGRAPHS! this whole scenario is pretty ridiculous and as likely to happen as Jordan making another comeback to suit up with the raptors...Wiggins is very likely a "once a generation" type player and best prospect since Lebron but reality is..we will not be drafting him. The top 3 teams will not be passing on him and after the season we just had MLSE is not gonna give up every asset we have that will be required to get him.

I've said this before...with the image, reputation & history of the raptors the best thing that could happen is for Andrew Wiggins to be drafted by another team, become a true MVP type superstar and then CHOOSE to sign with Toronto as a FA. yes it might take 7 years to happen but the effects of that move would be franchise changing. unless of course KD by some miracle chooses to sign with us in 2016...that would speed up the process considerably.
      And 1

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
        This is my first post and I don't care if people think that makes my opinion inferior but it's w/e.. The Raptors should try and get Wiggins at all costs..
        you had me at "this"

Comment

Wiggins will probably average about 18 pts per game in his rookie year imo

Comment

Let's make this readable for most people:

This is my first post and I don't care if people think that makes my opinion inferior but it's w/e..

The Raptors should try and get Wiggins at all costs.. People can judge his results at Kansas but I bet if you put Parker on Kansas and Wiggins on Duke that his numbers would've been better then Parker.

I only think this is realistic if Wiggins is available to the Bucks at #2 and it would require a trade with Chicago to even make the offer proposal to the Bucks but as farfetched as this sounds is it really that unrealistic? Bulls are a frontrunner for Melo this offseason and they would like to shed salary to do this. My trade proposal would be Novak, Salmons, and our first 2nd rounder this year for Boozer and both of their 1st rounders at 16 and 19. Bulls get to keep Gibson who they prefer and they can buy out Salmons and Novak is a player they can use on their roster which frees up lots of cap space to sign Melo.

I'm pretty sure they got the best shot of landing him due to their coach and the core of the Bulls. Assuming this trade goes down we can then offer the Bucks DeRozan and all 3 of our 1sts + future 1st for there 2nd overall pick.

Why do they do it? Because they're not in a market where they can be shitty for years plus they got The Freak which makes the 3 not a need for them and a roster of 2013 all-star DeRozan, Ilyasova, Knight, more mature Freak, a healthy Larry Sanders, decent 6th because he's not a starter (Mayo) and you got a Eastern Conference playoff team which is what they want.

Why do we do it? Because we get Wiggins who is more then potential he has NBA now game if put in the right situation. Wiggins is a very coachable person and if drafted by the Raptors he would work his ass off. He comes from a professional athlete family so he can handle his ego. Biggest knock on him is his killer instinct but I bet if he got to play for the Raptors he'd become an assassin.

Whoever thinks Lowry won't resign because DeRozan leaves is mistaken. If they resign PPat and Vasquez that'll cover DeRozan salary shed, then a starting 5 of Lowry, Ross, Wiggins, Johnson, and Jonas with a rotation of Vasquez PPat and Boozer to backup Jonas, I am pretty confident Lowry resigns.

I know you're wondering how this fits salary cap wise and here's the thing - it doesn't. This is a team we are going to have to pay the luxury tax for. But I say who cares since it's not your money. I bet you if Tim Leiweke knows it means getting Wiggins then they do it. Just for the media hype alone they'll make their money back. It's the easiest way to sellout next year and it actually makes us a relevant story in the NBA which is great marketing. And after this year we get Boozer and Hayes off the books which is $$$.

The biggest gamble would be doing the Chicago trade and Bucks not budging in which case we can use the 3 picks to move up and we gotta eat Boozer for a year but we get a better backup than Hayes and 3 picks which is still powerful. Just my opinion.

I know that a lot has to fall in place for this to happen but what do you think?

From one to - a RR rookie with a nice idea
            Last edited by Roarque; Sun Jun 15, 2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Pick Embiid as long as medicals check out. An athletic 7'1 center with skills. A nobrainer.

Anyway, the trade doesn't make much sense to me, I don't see why Milwaukee would consider it.

PS: one to, welcome to the board. But do use paragraphs. Remember, we are all here for fun. If your post looks like a massive legal text, most of us will run away.
              If his medicals clear, he will not be available with the second pick.

007 wrote: View Post
              So... in the end it's:

Toronto in: Boozer and #2 pick (hopefully Wiggins)

Toronto out: Novak, Salmons, picks #16, 19, 20, 37 and a future first (probably one of the 2016s) and DD.

Novak and Salmons don't matter, but you're giving up 5 draft picks, including 4 first rounders, and DD, for a chance at Wiggins. And trading futures is what has hurt many teams.

If he is gone, what do you do? Pick Embiid, and trade him or JV? Pick Parker, who plays no D?

Trade for Wiggins from the Cavs, which would take maybe TRoss?

Trade DD, a 24 year old all-star?

No. If we get the Boozer trade, bring in the rookies. Cheap bench, which allows for more offseason splashes (KD)
              THIS (mind you, Idon't want Boozer)

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
              Wiggins will probably average about 18 pts per game in his rookie year imo
              Highly unlikely. How do you figure that a player of any ilk is going to average as much/more points than he did in NCAA in his 1st year? It happens, but rationality suggests 3rd year onwards is when you see these kind of numbers. A rookie scoring 14-16 points would be a big plus. Raps fans get excited when Ross scores over 10 ppg.

It depends where he lands, who his PG is etc., but 14-16 ppg. would be an excellent start to a career.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                O boyy... Welcome to the Imanshumpert show

ball4life wrote:
                Yo momma. Get the fuck outta here boy.

Raps
                Not cool. Not cool at all.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

O boyy... Welcome to the Imanshumpert show
                  ball4life wrote:
                  Yo momma. Get the fuck outta here boy.

Raps

Am I missing something here?

ball4life, I'd appreciate if you don't speak to other posters in this manner. K? Thanks.

Comment

And 1
                    ... I see you're making some really profound contributions to the conversation here ...

Comment

Wiggins would most likely everage 14ppg 5reb 1.5 steals are a rookie next season
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Couldn't read that.

Comment

This time of the year is the equivalent of the term "slow news day".

At this time we have said it all about the draft. Who we want , how to trade up , who the sleepers are , how this affects free agency in multiple permutations.

The teams have scouted their guys and have brought them in to look at them one more time.

The 26th of June can't get here fast enough.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

i'd love to move up in the draft, but it'd be for Exum
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The real move to Andrew Wiggins would involve multiple first rounders now and in the future (possibly unrestricted) and even then may require him to publically/privately state he does not want to play for Milwaukee (assuming Embid is #1) to force their hand. You also have to worry about the league getting involved as it will look bad on their part.

So something like all 3 of our draft picks this year + 2015 2nd rounder + 2016 unrestricted 1st rounder + 2016 Knicks 1st rounder and maybe swapping non-core pieces for onerous contracts and/or the rights to both Vasquez and 2Pat (can swap next year's 1st rounder unprotected instead of 20th pick also). A team like Milwaukee will want controllable draft picks for the future...
                              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                i'd love to move up in the draft, but it'd be for Exum
                                Would you want Exum SG, or let Lowry walk?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X