LOL even Matt and Jack are confused w/ what the Raps are doing offensively

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Switching style of play and leadership meaning your coach is very detrimental to a team full of 20-23 year olds we aren't the Lakers with plenty of Vets to quickly adapt to a new system and have plenty of vet superstar talent to fall back on.

When you look at Raptor History we havent held on to a coach for too long and Casey is easily our best coach besides Lenny. BC has been trying forever to turn this team into another fast PHX Suns team of old, if thats what he wanted anyway why hire Casey might as well have kept Triano...
    Sticking with a coach who the players are starting to tune out, can also be detrimental to a young team. Especially when that coach doesn't practice what he preaches, and shows favourtism towards players who aren't hard workers.

Comment

Switching style of play and leadership meaning your coach is very detrimental to a team full of 20-23 year olds we aren't the Lakers with plenty of Vets to quickly adapt to a new system and have plenty of vet superstar talent to fall back on.

When you look at Raptor History we havent held on to a coach for too long and Casey is easily our best coach besides Lenny. BC has been trying forever to turn this team into another fast PHX Suns team of old, if thats what he wanted anyway why hire Casey might as well have kept Triano...
      Toronto is not really that young. Lowry is 26, Bargnani is 27, Calderon is 31, Kleiza is 27, Amir is 25, Lucas is 30, Gray is 28, Pietrus is 30... the only guys that are young are JV/Ross/Davis and DeMar. Ross/Davis are on the bench. DeMar is in his 4th year. Age is not something we should be using as an excuse.

Comment

armstrong was on prime time last week and said,"I had concerns about the offense the first day of training camp"
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
          armstrong was on prime time last week and said,"I had concerns about the offense the first day of training camp"
          Doesn't seem very believable when he waits until a 4-18 record materializes before mentioning it. Hey Jack, where was that insight earlier?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Toronto is not really that young. Lowry is 26, Bargnani is 27, Calderon is 31, Kleiza is 27, Amir is 25, Lucas is 30, Gray is 28, Pietrus is 30... the only guys that are young are JV/Ross/Davis and DeMar. Ross/Davis are on the bench. DeMar is in his 4th year. Age is not something we should be using as an excuse.
            Hmm ... You can't really take the age just as a whole you kind of have to express age*importance(playing time) because it kinda makes a difference old not important vets (Gray) shouldn't have such a large weight as lets DD or JV has.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              Unless we make a HUGE change ASAP to shake things up, this season we'll not only miss the playoffs but regress from last season which would be the worst part
              What are you talking about? Dude, this team isn't making the playoffs. They'll be lucky to win 25 games. Regress from last year? That's already happened in a big way. There isn't any change coming that can fix this mess.

This team is going to be bad for 3 more years. At least.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                Hmm ... You can't really take the age just as a whole you kind of have to express age*importance(playing time) because it kinda makes a difference old not important vets (Gray) shouldn't have such a large weight as lets DD or JV has.
                Yes you are right, but the other three starters (Bargnani/Lowry/Pietrus or Kleiza) are for the most part veterans. That doesn't include Amir or Jose who come off the bench and play significant minutes.

And besides a lot of teams in the league have younger players (even if you consider weighted average). Look at Denver's roster for example. They are a deep playoff threat, have no super stars, yet are as young (maybe even younger) than Toronto.

I just don't like the age excuse. Both Casey and Colangelo bring it up a lot. Outside of DeMar there aren't that many minutes going to the young guys (unless if you count JV but even he's getting only like 24 mpg).

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                  Another funny thing he said last night was something to the effect of "only 5 NBA teams with the same record as the raptors have right now have ever made the playoffs." Way to keep hope alive Jack. Not that I think we'll make the playoffs, but for an announcer to come out and say that a quarter off the way into the season is hilarious.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Way to defend your own player.
                    There's no defence for taking out your mouthpiece, throwing it at the ref and hitting him in the head with it. He's going to get two games minimum for that.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

"With the first pick in the 2013 Draft , the Toronto Raptors select, Shabazz Muhammad out of UCLA...."
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                        "With the first pick in the 2013 Draft , the Toronto Raptors select, Shabazz Muhammad out of UCLA...."
                        That does not appear to be much consolation. He is hardly setting the NCAA ablaze despite his hype.

Comment

honestly the only untouchable person is casey get off his case the offense is solid the players are shit.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            That does not appear to be much consolation. He is hardly setting the NCAA ablaze despite his hype.
                            Very true, but from what I've seen in his HS play he has that killer instinct that nobody on the Raptors current squad has except for Lowry but it seems hes losing it.
                            Plus top three players in the draft are Zeller, Noel and Shabazz. I'd like to think the Raptors would take the best player available and the pick a SF that has potential to be a pure scorer in the NBA over a big.

But then again its still very early , draft boards could change drastically.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              Very true, but from what I've seen in his HS play he has that killer instinct that nobody on the Raptors current squad has except for Lowry but it seems hes losing it.
                              Plus top three players in the draft are Zeller, Noel and Shabazz. I'd like to think the Raptors would take the best player available and the pick a SF that has potential to be a pure scorer in the NBA over a big.

But then again its still very early , draft boards could change drastically.
                              He is a SG though, isn't he?

It would be hilariously painful to watch the Raps get the top pick in a weak draft and pick a player who they already have 2 guys playing that position.

Comment

You mean playing Bargnani? a lot lol Casey is underrated and the biggest flaw is he doesnt have a player on the roster that is an extension of himself on the floor, and lets face it no defensive mastermind could hide the holes Bargs and Calderon make on D other teams can sit them and play better guys he cant.

I stand by Casey hes a great coach he just needs better pieces to work with.
                                According to BC we have plenty of talent we just lack the focus and attention to detail. One of the two is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X