Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    TPE for OJ!
    If the Grizzlies are really trying to save money, they might be open to trading Mayo at below cost. I don't know if simply offering to take him for nothing would do it, especially since there are a few teams that would be able to do it. It's definitely worth pursuing, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• They were working on a trade of Mayo for Ellis last offseason but the Warriors wouldn't bite.

Then at the deadline they tried to pull Mayo for a Pacers 1st rounder(a lotto pick at the time) plus McRoberts.

I think they want value for him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        They were working on a trade of Mayo for Ellis last offseason but the Warriors wouldn't bite.

Then at the deadline they tried to pull Mayo for a Pacers 1st rounder(a lotto pick at the time) plus McRoberts.

Doesn't mean they'll get it though. If teams smell blood because of Gasol and $$, the sharks may circle.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          They were working on a trade of Mayo for Ellis last offseason but the Warriors wouldn't bite.

It's obvious that Memphis was trying to get good value in the past, but with Randolph now signed to a huge deal and Gasol a free agent this summer, they might be more desperate. I really don't think they're going to just give him away, but I think he'll probably end up going for below value.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• why are we talking about o.j mayo? last time i check he isn't a center. Unless he grew 7 inches last night

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              why are we talking about o.j mayo? last time i check he isn't a center. Unless he grew 7 inches last night
              The center position isn't the only one of need for the Raptors. They won 22 games and need to add talent at nearly every position. To focus on one position is a little narrow-minded. And quite frankly, I don't know if there's much chance the Raptors are going to be able to acquire a decent center anywhere but the draft.

Mayo might be available for a bargain price, so the Raptors would be foolish to pass up on it simply because he's not a center.
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Mayo could play PG if we don't get Irving. Or he could be a fine, fine sixth man.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  The center position isn't the only one of need for the Raptors. They won 22 games and need to add talent at nearly every position. To focus on one position is a little narrow-minded. And quite frankly, I don't know if there's much chance the Raptors are going to be able to acquire a decent center anywhere but the draft.

Mayo might be available for a bargain price, so the Raptors would be foolish to pass up on it simply because he's not a center.
                  Except this is a thread about centres man. There is a thread in the trade proposal forum started by Matt52 that deals with TPE trades. OJ is a good discussion for THAT thread.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                    Except this is a thread about centres man. There is a thread in the trade proposal forum started by Matt52 that deals with TPE trades. OJ is a good discussion for THAT thread.
                    Sorry. I didn't notice that. I hadn't noticed what thread this was. You're right. Forget what I said, then.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Sorry. I didn't notice that. I hadn't noticed what thread this was. You're right. Forget what I said, then.
                      i do that alot to, its fine

Comment

i do that alot to, its fine
                        Ya I have too.

Comment

• Thread is about centers, guys. Not apologies.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• WOW. This is a huge about face for a man who really wanted to stay in Denver (newborn, wife's family, etc etc). This does not look good for Denver, but opens up an opportunity for the Raps!

But it's not all about the next contract for Nene. There is a large component of appreciation that Nene says is missing, and that's proving to be equally as important as the dollars. "If I play happy, if I enjoy the game, my game improves," Nene said. "I did my best for the team, for the city. I tried to do my best for the fans. But the (Nuggets) need to understand you need to see the return on the other side, or you need to look for it. You need to look for it sometimes. "They don't realize all of the sacrifices I made. When you don't feel appreciated, it's hard." Denver Post
                            While no final decision has been made, Nene said Monday he is strongly considering opting out of the final season of his six-year, $60 million contract, which would pay him $12 million, and testing the free-agent market. Denver Post
                            Competition likely comes from New Jersey, and perhaps Houston.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Thread is about centers, guys. Not apologies.
                              Sorry. I won't do that, then.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

why are we talking about o.j mayo? last time i check he isn't a center. Unless he grew 7 inches last night
                                Probably because the Raptors are in desperate need of another young ball handler and shooter with long range to add to the core. Mayo fits the bill. You are correct though, this isn't the right place for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X