Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Didn't gay work out with Hakeem last summer?
    Expect to see a lot of double teamed, 21 foot bricks from JV next year

I'm too young, but they say those were Hakeem's specialty.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Hakeem Olajuwon.... Master of the pivot foot.

If Jonas can learn even a smidgen of these skills, we're in for a treat.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I think you guys should calm down just a bit. Hakeem was an amazing offensive big man but he has work with A LOT of NBA players and it's done nothing for them. A lot of them still can't really score at will in the post anywhere close to the way he did. Dwight has worked with him more than one offseason and he still isn't where you thought he would be by now. Noah worked with him and he still isn't too great in the post offensively. Also Javale McGee worked with him and we all know about McGee and his offensive struggles. Don't get me wrong it will be a great experience for Jonas but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.
        Fucking GLF. Certainly know how to throw a negative spin on everything. Literally everything.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Fucking GLF. Certainly know how to throw a negative spin on everything. Literally everything.
          None of the guys he mentioned are actually skill-dependent players. JV has a more well-rounded scoring skill set and softer touch than all those guys. I don't think working with Hakeem will necessarily have a huge impact, but I'm hopeful that if it can help him in one or two small ways that's fully worth it.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            None of the guys he mentioned are actually skill-dependent players. JV has a more well-rounded scoring skill set and softer touch than all those guys. I don't think working with Hakeem will necessarily have a huge impact, but I'm hopeful that if it can help him in one or two small ways that's fully worth it.
            Hakeem is the best big man coach in the game, but a coach can only do so much. All the guys listed improved, but you can't make this huge leap if you don't have the talent or brain to do so.

Here's a perfect example of Dwight not having the brains to improve.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ce-in-the-post

Quote from Hakeem:

"Dwight has always been athletic and aggressive and he still is. But when I watch him, what I see are opportunities that he is missing. When he gets the ball, he seems to be taking his time to decide what move to make, where he should go.

There should not be a delay for Dwight. He must be able to make a faster recognition of the situations and react immediately with a go-to move. You must move right away before the defense has a chance to set up. You must be the one making the first move so that you can force the defender to always be the one reacting."

"I thought we were doing a good job with this when we were working together over the summer and at the start of training camp. But what I see now is that when Dwight gets in competition, he has a tendency to go back to all of his old habits. He’s just doing all of the things that he did before. He needs a reminder."

Comment

• Yesterday’s Game 7 attracted an average audience of 912,000 viewers to TSN from tip-off to final buzzer – making it the third most-watched Raptors game ever. Audience levels peaked at more than 2 million viewers late in the fourth quarter as the game came down to the Raptors’ thrilling final possession.

The Raptors’ dramatic playoff run continued to captivate viewers in the team’s hometown market, as Game 7 was also the most-watched program of the day in the Greater Toronto Area, and achieved a 33.3% share.

From TSN PR

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Yesterday’s Game 7 attracted an average audience of 912,000 viewers to TSN from tip-off to final buzzer – making it the third most-watched Raptors game ever. Audience levels peaked at more than 2 million viewers late in the fourth quarter as the game came down to the Raptors’ thrilling final possession.

The Raptors’ dramatic playoff run continued to captivate viewers in the team’s hometown market, as Game 7 was also the most-watched program of the day in the Greater Toronto Area, and achieved a 33.3% share.

From TSN PR
                It would be interesting to see what the Canadian breakdown of ABC was.

Obviously the true viewership in Canada would be TSN + ABC.

I went to a buddy's house and with the choice of TSN or ABC, we all went with ABC.

Comment

• Shit.. the game was on ABC? Why the F#&! was I watching a Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong telecast???

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    It would be interesting to see what the Canadian breakdown of ABC was.

Obviously the true viewership in Canada would be TSN + ABC.

I went to a buddy's house and with the choice of TSN or ABC, we all went with ABC.
                    I'm guilty of not watching the TSN feed either. Figured it could be my last chance of the season to NOT listen to Matt and Jack. Had to jump at it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Shit.. the game was on ABC? Why the F#&! was I watching a Matt Devlin and Jack Armstrong telecast???
                      Hubie Brown was a breath of fresh air ... and I'm not sure that's EVER been said about Hubie Brown.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Hubie Brown was a breath of fresh air ... and I'm not sure that's EVER been said about Hubie Brown.
                        Hubie is awesome. He's watchable for either the hardcore hoops addict or the casual fan, even though he doesn't try to dumb it down. It took him all of 2 seconds to figure out that we should be pounding it inside to make the game easier on ourselves. If you watch the Spurs sets, a good percentage start with at least the 'threat' of feeding the post to force the defence to react. And the motion is intended to create angles to feed the post. With the Raps, it's completely the opposite - motion is created to get a perimeter jumpshot, with the post being an afterthought or bailout. Nothing is in rhythm.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I'm guilty of not watching the TSN feed either. Figured it could be my last chance of the season to NOT listen to Matt and Jack. Had to jump at it.
                          Can I say that I am just a LITTLE disappointed in my fellow RR citizens not cluing a guy in to the fact that there was an ABC feed. I guess i should have realized it, being a playoff game and all. Makes me wonder though. If there had ever been a playoff game between Toronto Raps and Vancouver Griz would any US station have carried it? I guess not if there was an american team playoff game. Only makes sense.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Can I say that I am just a LITTLE disappointed in my fellow RR citizens not cluing a guy in to the fact that there was an ABC feed.
                            Sorry Puff ... In my defense, there was this ....

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Chick on ABC just butchered a Game of Thrones reference.
                            Joey wrote: View Post
                            Bill Simmons just pointed out how Brooklyn gave up 4 1st Round Picks to get Garnett and Pierce ... the pressure is SOOOOO huge on them to win today.
                            And this little exchange...

Joey wrote:
                            RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                            The commentator said: "The Toronto young people".
                            That's Hubie. He's like 80.
                            Annd I even posted the ABC Playoffs Theme Song ...

BUT I should have put it in the Title of the Thread.

Comment

• It's my fault.. I was avoiding the game thread during game play as much as possible.. just assumed it would be on ESPN and TSN only. Oh well.. missed a great opportunity.

Comment

• I'm waiting for Primer's outraged response Should be fun to read

Comment

Working...
                                X