Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Five Teams Bosh Is Open to Playing For...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA is only team West, so BC should ship him there for Gasol.
    It would help both teams. LA will get a younger star and
    Raps will get a very good center to pair with Bargs.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Miami: There is nothing there that I would want to see in Toronto uniform.
      New York: Same, nothing there worth getting back. To make the Salaries match, we have to get back LEE at almost 10 million a year and everyone knows, Lee does not play any defense.
      You don't need to make salaries match with Miami or New York.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Agreed, nothing good here.

I don't think the Raps have to match salaries with the Bulls because the Bulls are under the cap. But since they might use that space to sign LeBron or Wade, they might have to do the sign and trade for Bosh.

I'm thinking crazy multi-team deal. BC seems to enjoy those.

Comment

Seems like most are in a lather again.

a) This is a "sources" piece of reporting
          b) The "list" "includes" the teams mentioned. The does not necessarily exclude a Houston...no?
          c) And whats with the "should Bosh not resign with Toronto"? Were there any conditions on this?
          d) SOmething about wanting to go where LJ goes? Hmmm. LJ doesnt get a s&t for the Cavs? So both get a s&t with the Knicks for example and we'll have Donnie Walsh play point guard there.

At best this is just a trial balloon to get the froth going...which is good...and creates competitive offers. I think there is still place for a Houston (unless a Bosh or his agent unequivocally say noway to that location).

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
            LA is only team West, so BC should ship him there for Gasol.
            It would help both teams. LA will get a younger star and
            Raps will get a very good center to pair with Bargs.
            There is no way LA will trade Gasol. Have you seen how he is playing with Kobe ?? Why do you want to break that team up ? If LA does not win the ring and Bynum does not really show up in the final, then maybe, and only maybe ( since Bynum is injured and all), Lakers might become open to trading for Bynum.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              You don't need to make salaries match with Miami or New York.
              Right but if he decides to sign as a FA. Don't you have to match the salaries if he does a S&T ??
              So we can sign Bosh to Max then trade him for like 5 million in Salaries to New York ?? I don't think that is correct !! What would happen to the money that we can spent in this case. I know if Bosh deicieds to leave, we only have around 8 million while if he does sign and trade, we can take back something around Max money in Salaries.

What happens if we only take back 5 ? Does it mean we forfeit the rest ?

Why no one is talking about Al Harrington ? Could he play a role in this transaction ?

Comment

Salaries don't have to match in a sign and trade as long as the one team is under the cap enough to absorb the contract, which the Knicks are. If the Raptors do a sign and trade with Bosh, and they take back only $5 million, they get a $12 million trade exception, meaning they can use that in a trade with another team.

And All Harrington is an unrestricted free agent this summer, so he would have to want to sign with the team.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  There is no way LA will trade Gasol. Have you seen how he is playing with Kobe ?? Why do you want to break that team up ? If LA does not win the ring and Bynum does not really show up in the final, then maybe, and only maybe ( since Bynum is injured and all), Lakers might become open to trading for Bynum.
                  Bunch of things (some facts, some rumors):
                  - Even if they win this year, Kobe & Gasol are on the wrong side of 30's.
                  so their offensive output will decrease.
                  - Players of Bosh's caliber very rarely show up on the market.
                  - The Zen Master likes Bosh.
                  - Bynam is something of a owner's project (pet), so it's not available.
                  - We should not try to get Odom, since he probably not even show up in TO.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Salaries don't have to match in a sign and trade as long as the one team is under the cap enough to absorb the contract, which the Knicks are. If the Raptors do a sign and trade with Bosh, and they take back only $5 million, they get a $12 million trade exception, meaning they can use that in a trade with another team.

And All Harrington is an unrestricted free agent this summer, so he would have to want to sign with the team.
                    Thanks Tim
                    In that case, I don't mind New York as long as we do not get Lee back.

dn66 : You can talk about the Bosh and Gasol being 30 and ... I don't see it. I think if Lakers loses, the Bynum project might be over and they ( owner and management) might ( again, I am not sure if they will) decide to go different direction.

Kobe and Gasol can play like this for another 2 years at this level. Their Chemistry is unbelievable and I bet you anything, not even one laker fan wants to break this Duo and take a chance on Bosh.

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                      Bunch of things (some facts, some rumors):
                      - Even if they win this year, Kobe & Gasol are on the wrong side of 30's.
                      so their offensive output will decrease.
                      - Players of Bosh's caliber very rarely show up on the market.
                      - The Zen Master likes Bosh.
                      - Bynam is something of a owner's project (pet), so it's not available.
                      - We should not try to get Odom, since he probably not even show up in TO.
                      If Gasol is on the wrong side of 30, why would you want him on a team not ready to contend?

Bynum is liked by ownership, but if it's a chance to get Bosh, I think they'd trade him away in a second.

No reason to think Odom won't report. He was more than willing to come to Vancouver when there was a chance the Grizzlies would draft him.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

"Disappointing news everyone...Bosh's agent calls the ESPN piece trash/bogus/untrue/etc

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,4558949.story

Comment

Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors A Wish List

Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors A Wish List
                          May 21, 2010 9:08 PM EST

Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, said that he has not given the Raptors a list of teams to which his client would be interested in a sign-and-tade deal.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas said. "I haven't given Bryan [Colangelo] any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

Thomas said that Bosh is currently considering his options.

"Why would I do that?" Thomas said about the wish list. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."

Thomas also said that Bosh is not committed to a sign-and-trade deal.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to be evaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said of a potential sign-and-trade transaction. "But whether it's a priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the priorities actually are."

Thomas spoke about the possibility of Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh meeting together prior to free-agency in order to determine their future.

"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves. But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."
                          http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...s_a_wish_list/
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            "Disappointing news everyone...Bosh's agent calls the ESPN piece trash/bogus/untrue/etc

Bendit you beat me to it. You are on the ball
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

bosh stays
                              and BC gets Nash k?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

I wouldn't say that's disappointing news at all. Most of those teams were crap trading partners.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X