No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are our thoughts on Greg Oden being that 'perfect compliment' to Bargnani?

Comment

• Sure, if only Greg Oden played basketball.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Sure, if only Greg Oden played basketball.
        Exactly. He technically would be the 'perfect compliment' to Bargs; on paper. On the court? You'll never see him.

Comment

• I was never trying to imply that he is the next Dirk. Just that when Andrea was compared in the past everyone freaked out but now his game and numbers are getting pretty damn similar. So maybe those comparisons are closer then first thought. I dont like saying andrea is the next dirk or Derozan the next kobe. that wasnt the point. I was jsut saying theyre numbers are getting similar, not refering to their game spicifically.

Comment

• Ummm... Before we start anointing him the next Dirk or whatever, I'm not even quite sure if he's the next LaMarcus Aldridge:

Aldridge: 20.4 points, 8.9 Reb, 1.9 Ast, 48% Shooting, 1.23 Blocks, 20.4 PER, 53% TS%, 4.5 Win Shares

Bargnani: 21.7[points, 5.7 Reb, 1.8 Ast, 48% Shooting, 0.8 Blocks, 17.7 PER, 55% TS%, 1.7 Win Shares

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
              What are our thoughts on Greg Oden being that 'perfect compliment' to Bargnani?
              SHouldn't we be trying to figure out who is the best compliment to Ed Davis?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• "So I guess no one wants to look at advanced statistics. People who say Bargnani is close need to watch A LOT more Dirk. And everyone needs to remember that while Dirk did win MVP, he was also on the team that collapsed to the Heat in the Finals, and then lost in the first round the next season after winning 67 games. In that past ten years, Dallas has been past the second round twice, and lost in the first round 4 times. Maybe Dirk and the Mavericks are not a player and team you want to try and emulate. "

I think most of the raptors fans would love to "emulate" the success the Mavs had over the past 10 Years since Dirk was there.

Maybe Bargs is close from a statistical standpoint, but players on scrubteams have usually have better stats. Look at Monta Ellis and so many others. Bargnani is nowhere close to the impact Dirk hast on the offensive end. But he sure has lots of talent.

Comment

• A. Bargnani 31 Pts, 9 Reb, 3 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk
                  now those numbers are dirkish!

in not saying Brags is the next dirk i was just saying they have similar stats so the comparison is a pretty fair one at this point. There is way to many haters here.

Hey DirtyMike , go cheer for the trail blazers then ! ur clearly not a true fan and just a hater...

Get ur negative BS outta here

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    SHouldn't we be trying to figure out who is the best compliment to Ed Davis?
                    Bargnani is not going anywhere in case you and the other brainwaves here have not yet figured that out, so you may want to forget about Davis and try figuring out who should be playing next to Roberto Luongo!

Comment

• Their offenses are comparable however

1. Dirk is a lot better shooter

2010-11
                      ------------Bargs---------Dirk
                      ---------------------------------
                      TS% ------.551----------.632
                      eFG%-----.511----------.573

2. Dirk is also a lot better defender

Def Rat---112-----------103 (The lower the better)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html

3. Dirk's English is also a lot better

Comparing Bargnani to Dirk is like comparing Amir to Rodman
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 11:38 PM.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• ..........and this thread is another perfect example of why stat heads need to stick with baseball. In Basketball stats tell half the story. If that.

Dirk is arguably HOF material. Andrea has yet to make a BS all-star game, much less an all NBA team, a finals appearance, an MVP... the list goes on. Really this is only a topic cuz they are both white 7 foot jump shooters. Only thing Drea does better than the Diggler is choose girlfriends.
                        Last edited by minks77; Sat Jan 15, 2011, 12:14 AM.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• i hope aldridge is putting up those numbers...he got $80 mil!!!

Comment

• I hope so too, he's on my fantasy squad!
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• djsunyc wrote: View Post
                              i think over the years - bargs has shown to be a big shot maker. even in the course of a game, when we needed a big shot to stop opposing team's momentum, he would hit one. even something as trivial as saving the 3 point streak in previous years, he would hit it. that 3 in josh smith's face was a stone cold dagger - along with that 3 to tie it up in ny the night he scored 41.

dirk is probably the best shooting big man of all time. but to compare the two is very difficult b/c of circumstances. dirk was initially coached by don nelson and teamed up with steve nash and finley. he was given big time minutes basically right away and put in an environment where he could play through all his mistakes and play a style that would help expediate the development of his offense. i mean he got to play with nash and another high quality scoring wing and for a coach that lets you do your thing.

so the environment both were developed in were different...so we are here today and right now, bargs offense is pretty darn impressive considering he's the only guy opposing coaches have to try and stop. but can't.
                              +11111111111111111111 but still many people complain ! he's already better than Bosh , and more versatile offensively of Dirk even if the german is a better flat shooter !

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                                Their offenses are comparable however

1. Dirk is a lot better shooter

2010-11
                                ------------Bargs---------Dirk
                                ---------------------------------
                                TS% ------.551----------.632
                                eFG%-----.511----------.573

2. Dirk is also a lot better defender

Def Rat---112-----------103 (The lower the better)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html

3. Dirk's English is also a lot better

Comparing Bargnani to Dirk is like comparing Amir to Rodman
                                And By the way you are just a homo Amir lover...and a idiot too!
                                you are the one who said Amir is just a better player than Bargs? man how more wrong you can be? trade Amir a over priced bench freakin' player I know is not 100% but c'mon!

Comment

Working...
                                X