No announcement yet.

March 20 - New York Quitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line with Bayless is that this staff doesn't trust him. Right or wrong, they don't have the confidence in him to have him run the team. As for the rest, tough to get on Calderon too much as it was his first game back. Bargs looks like, well, Bargs. And, as I've been saying since day one, the rest of this roster is awful, so it's no surprise when they look terrible like last night. The tank rolls on, or something....

Comment

Neither Bayless nor Calderon is our answer at PG. There really is no point arguing about them.

Come this time next year, there's a good chance neither are even playing in Toronto.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Neither Bayless nor Calderon is our answer at PG. There really is no point arguing about them.

Come this time next year, there's a good chance neither are even playing in Toronto.
        Hopefully by this time next year the Raps would have Nash and Kabongo leading them into the playoffs

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Hopefully by this time next year the Raps would have Nash and Kabongo leading them into the playoffs
          I have the same feeling I get when watching Disney sports movies thinking about that right now.

Comment

Nash and Kabongo <3
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

This is off topic for this thread but man is Nash awesome. The Phoenix Scrubs are a .500 ball club and only 1.5 games out of a playoff spot in the West! They were leading Miami in the 4th quarter up until the 5 minute mark when the Heat took over..

Nash in Toronto would be amazing if it happened.

Comment

What a complete overreaction in this thread. Kyrie Irving, who's shooting well and averaging a lot of points right from the start of the season, had his worst two shooting games of his first 15 games or so against Calderon, 2/12 and 3/13 respectively. Yet, I'm not going to claim on the basis of those games that Calderon is an incredible defender. So, why, if Calderon has also had games where his direct opponent had less than average stats, the need to cry wolf when an opponent has a good night.

We know he isn't the best defender in the world and that he needs good team defense around him. And it's not like Bayless is a defensive God who can keep an opponent in check just by himself.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  What a complete overreaction in this thread. Kyrie Irving, who's shooting well and averaging a lot of points right from the start of the season, had his worst two shooting games of his first 15 games or so against Calderon, 2/12 and 3/13 respectively. Yet, I'm not going to claim on the basis of those games that Calderon is an incredible defender. So, why, if Calderon has also had games where his direct opponent had less than average stats, the need to cry wolf when an opponent has a good night.

We know he isn't the best defender in the world and that he needs good team defense around him. And it's not like Bayless is a defensive God who can keep an opponent in check just by himself.
                  +1

I don't think Calderon or Bayless is the answer long term for starting point guard of the Raptors. However, Calderon is hands down the better option at this time in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X