Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Dupree Getting So Much Playing Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Dupree Getting So Much Playing Time?

Can someone explain this to me? He's not going to be here for the start of the season right? So why is he getting all of Wright's minutes? I don't think Wright has been that bad.

I really don't get it.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

I think he is clearly good enough and willing enough to play defense to deserve to be on an NBA roster... It probably won't be here and you'll likely see them phase him out and go with rotation guys as we get into the 2nd half of the preseason - A minor trade might find him on the rotation and I wouldn't mind (as long as he's not taking someone else's spot that has more upside).
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Considering he's been out of the NBA for 2 years, I think Triano and company want to give him a good burn and see if there's anything still there with his play. For player insurance reasons.

I personally don't like him. He's always been a selfish player and has reaffirmed that by this play this preseason. But, if he's content with riding the pine this year, then I guess he isn't bad to have incase any of our SG's go down with injuries. *knocks on wood*

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Considering he's been out of the NBA for 2 years, I think Triano and company want to give him a good burn and see if there's anything still there with his play. For player insurance reasons.

I personally don't like him. He's always been a selfish player and has reaffirmed that by this play this preseason. But, if he's content with riding the pine this year, then I guess he isn't bad to have incase any of our SG's go down with injuries. *knocks on wood*
        Right, I hear what you're saying, but doesn't he have to be cut by the start of the season? That is unless they cut Weems or Dorsey, which shouldn't happen.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          Right, I hear what you're saying, but doesn't he have to be cut by the start of the season? That is unless they cut Weems or Dorsey, which shouldn't happen.
          I'm not a 100% sure, but I think he signed a non-guaranteed contract. So, I think the Raptors can cut him whenever. Not necessarily before the season starts. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            Can someone explain this to me? He's not going to be here for the start of the season right? So why is he getting all of Wright's minutes? I don't think Wright has been that bad.

I really don't get it.
            1 - he worked really hard in summer league so its a reward
            2 - as a living example to Younger guys *ahem* Jwright *ahem* of how someone with less talent but more effort is more useful
            3 - bubble guys "this could be your future" - let him tell them some horror stories about missing pay and death threats in Euro-league
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
              I'm not a 100% sure, but I think he signed a non-guaranteed contract. So, I think the Raptors can cut him whenever. Not necessarily before the season starts. I could be wrong though.
              Totally. That's what I was wondering too. I though it was just 15 players, guaranteed or not, unless there's some injury exception rule. Can anyone clarify this?
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yah he doesnt have non garunteed deal, but theres already 15 ppl on the team, so if he somehow stayed past preseason we'd have to drop someone of the roster probably weems or dorsey. I think their juss givin him a free ride, lettin him show some of his chops so her gets contract on another team or a team from euro league or asia gets interested and he gets bttr contract or somethin, otherwise they're juss usin him as a decent body for practices.

Comment

Because the only true wings on the roster are Weems, Wright & DeRozan.....so they may be taking a good look at him before they decide what type of move to make on his contract & the final roster spots. I would keep him over Alabi.

Btw- how many players is TO keeping for the regular season?

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                    Because the only true wings on the roster are Weems, Wright & DeRozan.....so they may be taking a good look at him before they decide what type of move to make on his contract & the final roster spots. I would keep him over Alabi.

Btw- how many players is TO keeping for the regular season?
                    Really?? Well that's not gonna happen.
                    I hope they keep all 15 players, minus Dupree tho.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Rumor and innuendo speculate it's between him and Dorsey, who hasn't looked as good as he did in the first game.
                      "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                      -Newsradio

Comment

when and how else are they going to get the best look at him, besides playing him in the regular season which they can't do.

so, it's obvious. the raptors have 14 guaranteed contracts, 15 roster spots, and unguaranteed contracts on 2 guys.

do the math and that would mean two guys fighting for one spot, they need to give the best opportunity for them to evaluate themselves and be evaluated.

what the frig would the point be of signing a guy and then sticking him on the end o the bench in preseason and then cutting him at the start of the reg. season?

why would they have evened signed the guy in the first place if he wasn't going to get some burn?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah, unless another move is coming in the next week it looks like we traded Belli (possible starter in NO, 19 points last night) for a 14-15th man at the end of the bench. That's almost as good as passing on Beasley in a Bosh trade scenario... At least we have Reggie to anchor the starting lineup and Amir hasn't fouled out yet this preseason! Hopefully it'll all make sense in a couple of weeks.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            when and how else are they going to get the best look at him, besides playing him in the regular season which they can't do.

so, it's obvious. the raptors have 14 guaranteed contracts, 15 roster spots, and unguaranteed contracts on 2 guys.

do the math and that would mean two guys fighting for one spot, they need to give the best opportunity for them to evaluate themselves and be evaluated.

what the frig would the point be of signing a guy and then sticking him on the end o the bench in preseason and then cutting him at the start of the reg. season?

why would they have evened signed the guy in the first place if he wasn't going to get some burn?
                            Yeah thanks, I realized that. I guess in my brain picking Dorsey over Dupree is a no-brainer.
                            But what do I know?
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

The short answer to your question is I really have no idea. But on the same topic I’m kind of puzzled as to why we signed this guy when we have a huge size deficiency at the five! Why didn’t they sign a Chiek Samb or 7`joe instead of this guy. Our team looked horrible when we played the bulls and the Celtics; power forwards playing centre with little efficiency.

Don’t get me wrong here I fully understand with this roster such a signing would make no difference on the outcome of the season. But IMHO, it’s just a face saving move to spare the precious jewel of BC (AB) from further criticism. If these mismatches continue (and they will) ppl will wonder why this 7` Italian is guarding the smaller guys and these smaller forwards in Reggie and Dorsey guarding a much bigger player with little efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                              X