No announcement yet.

How Real Is The Kleiza Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bobcats deal was a bit of a kick to the face, but the barnes deal is just a case of barnes posting shit on his twitter before he should have. I'm sure deals get to the point that this deal was at, and fall apart all the time, the only difference is that barnes tweeted during a step in the process that traditionally isn't covered by the media because they've learned from the mistakes of bad reporting. This is the problem with new social media, people haven't figured how to keep their fingers off the keys... Bosh 'Bron Wade and others have taken some heat (pun intended ) for the way they have used social media. I think in the future we'll see two things:

1) people will start think a little bit more about what they tweet in regards to their professional life.

2) people reading the tweets will take them less seriously.

something that is posted on a twitter account is the equivalent to a conversation at a bar, not the front page of the new york times.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I agree with the sentiment but all of this has to be laid on sources like Yahoo and ESPN and 24X7 news cycle.

But then Yahoo and ESPN are just the sports version of the LSM and their reliability on way too many things is just not there.

What is a fan to do?

Wait for the official team presser before jumping to any conclusions. Of course easier said then done

I think the blow up has more to do with barnes twitter than yahoo or espn. as per above.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        I think the blow up has more to do with barnes twitter than yahoo or espn. as per above.
        You could very well be correct on this. Maybe this is just one reason why Barnes seems to not be able to stay very long with any one team. This to me raises a flag. If he was so good and contributed so much to the winning side of a team's ledger why don't teams hang on to him? Even Kwame and Darko have been a bit more stable then Barnes.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

ya barnes is a dumbass for posting shit on twitter before it was finalized. this whole process feels so wierd. kinda of feels like a suspencefull Tv serial were the narrator asks questiosn at the end of the movie in a deep voice "why didnt kleiza sign?" "what will happen to matt barnes?" to find out tune into the next episode
          ya dun noe

Comment

MAtt Barnes IS what the raptors need!
            Last edited by Mr.Grinch; Tue Jul 20, 2010, 07:11 PM.
            http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

/

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                ya barnes is a dumbass for posting shit on twitter before it was finalized. this whole process feels so wierd. kinda of feels like a suspencefull Tv serial were the narrator asks questiosn at the end of the movie in a deep voice "why didnt kleiza sign?" "what will happen to matt barnes?" to find out tune into the next episode
                hassan, shouldnt you be playing cricket!lol

Comment

Working...
                X