Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Haha Amen.
    On the bright side, he can use whatever he was paying for his Condo in Toronto and buy something 20x bigger in Detroit. Haha Heck, he could probably buy a whole COndo building in Detroit for what he musta been paying here.
    also, he can now buy malt liquor, eggs, condoms, and guns........ in the same store.

that there is the recipe for a good time.

Comment

• I'm honestly shocked at all the negative comments regarding this trade. I really am.

We've been masquerading shit as legit NBA wings for so long, people have forgotten what a real player looks like.

Cap space has done nothing for us in the past. Trade exceptions have done nothing for us in the past. Chasing free agents have done nothing for us in the past. Who cares about Gay's overpriced salary. Let the billionaires pay some luxury tax if it means improving the roster. Why are fans concerned about saving Larry Tanenbaum money?

Comment

• bballAndrew wrote: View Post
        Feels real?? Do you work for MLSE or the refs who fix the game outcomes?
        Are you F****G serious?? You actually think this is a good deal and Gay brings 'it'?? So problem solved??
        Everyone gives BC a 'C-' on this deal and we actually got rubbed blind and you are happy?? Are you paid to post this??
        You loose a good point guard in Jose Calderon and a young talent in Ed Davis and get an over-paid , max player that is only maxed on 'hype' and you are happy??

Well, it is because of 'fans' like you (if you are a fan by the way) that this franchise continues to be mediocre at best. It is because of fans like you that we have no 'pride' or 'respect'.
        It is because of fans like you that no free agent wants to come to T.O. despite our best of the best facilities, fans (not you), and city itself. You are the type who readily boo the likes of VC and CB4 but take any wash-off and burnt/garbage player and elevate them to the levels of elite players and saviours and cheer them on when they go 1 of 15 every night.
        It is because of this that players allow themselves to ignore their signed contracts and make a mockery of our orgnaization. (where do I start: JO, Alonzo M, Hakeem O, .... the list goes on)

This my friend is what is 'real' ... next time , instead of insulting real fan's intelligence, just write 'it feels real, we got F****D real bad' ...
        lol

Anyone have a Valium?

The whole idea of everyone is amusing to me. Problem in the media is if one person makes the opinion and another person follows it up then no one else says different. We saw it with Amir's contract, we saw it with Ross' selection, we saw it with JV's selection, we saw it with DeRozan's contract, and we saw it with Fields' contract. Right or wrong on the outcome of each transaction, selection, or decision the US media rarely displays an ability to give an informed or non-biased opinion of Toronto.

Seriously, take that Valium and lets see what else happens between now and February 21st.

Comment

This my friend is what is 'real' ... next time , instead of insulting real fan's intelligence, just write 'it feels real, we got F****D real bad' ...
          i think what you meant to say is:

it feels real, we got F****D real bad...... in the bum.... because we just got Gay

these jokes write themselves people.... stop tip toeing around them

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm honestly shocked at all the negative comments regarding this trade. I really am.

We've been masquerading shit as legit NBA wings for so long, people have forgotten what a real player looks like.

Cap space has done nothing for us in the past. Trade exceptions have done nothing for us in the past. Chasing free agents have done nothing for us in the past. Who cares about Gay's overpriced salary. Let the billionaires pay some luxury tax if it means improving the roster. Why are fans concerned about saving Larry Tanenbaum money?
            this.

i agree completely.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
              but really... what were the chances of the raps landing an upper middle tier or better SF through free agency, and what assets do they have that could have got one via trade?

Gay is a gamble... but at the end of the day, you can't worry about everyone supporting your decision, and do what's best for you... and hope your parents don't disown you.
              Yes, Rudy Gay is a gamble.

The Rockets gambled in the offseason - free agent signings of Asik and Lin. drafting Royce White, and trading for James Harden - and overall, I think it was worth it.

Hopefully it is the Raptors turn to be lucky.

Comment

• And let's not forget that once the season started, almost everyone acknowledged the roster redundancy in having both Amir and Davis, and agreed that one of them NEEDS to be traded this season.

That finally happens, and folks are acting like we just lost Karl Malone. I'm lost for words...

Comment

Are you F****G serious?? You actually think this is a good deal and Gay brings 'it'?? So problem solved??
                  Everyone gives BC a 'C-' on this deal and we actually got rubbed blind and you are happy?? Are you paid to post this??
                  You loose a good point guard in Jose Calderon and a young talent in Ed Davis and get an over-paid , max player that is only maxed on 'hype' and you are happy??

Well, it is because of 'fans' like you (if you are a fan by the way) that this franchise continues to be mediocre at best. It is because of fans like you that we have no 'pride' or 'respect'.
                  It is because of fans like you that no free agent wants to come to T.O. despite our best of the best facilities, fans (not you), and city itself. You are the type who readily boo the likes of VC and CB4 but take any wash-off and burnt/garbage player and elevate them to the levels of elite players and saviours and cheer them on when they go 1 of 15 every night.
                  It is because of this that players allow themselves to ignore their signed contracts and make a mockery of our orgnaization. (where do I start: JO, Alonzo M, Hakeem O, .... the list goes on)

WOWzers ... one heck of a first post ... Probably not the best foot to get off with people around here though ... While I appreciate you are passionate in your stance, you can't go attacking others for having an opinion, let alone questioning if they are fans (seriously?!) and implying you are far more 'intelligent' for not sharing their opinion (again, seriously?!).

Secondly, if you ask me, a "real fan", as you say, should choose to form your own opinions, and not just feel something because "EVERYONE" else does. Especially when "EVERYONE" is usually American Media.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    WOWzers ... one heck of a first post ... Probably not the best foot to get off with people around here though ... While I appreciate you are passionate in your stance, you can't go attacking others for having an opinion, let alone questioning if they are fans (seriously?!) and implying you are far more 'intelligent' for not sharing their opinion (again, seriously?!).
                    +1

Comment

It's just his opinion, and the majorities as well.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Haven't read all 35 pages of comments but really? People are upset? Jose is a class act one of the best to ever put on a uniform but we were going to lose him at the end of the season. Would you want to return to the team that constantly replaces you and openly tries to trade you year in and year out. This trade next season would equal out to Davis for Rudy gay and if anyone thinks that's a bad trade they need to brush up on their basketball knowledge.

Comment

• Also I was pretty upset with raptors.com today. Remember when we got turkoglu and they made the entire video of him with the jersey changing and the fans changing and it was really badass? Rudy gay just gets a page that says welcome.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            Haven't read all 35 pages of comments but really? People are upset? Jose is a class act one of the best to ever put on a uniform but we were going to lose him at the end of the season. Would you want to return to the team that constantly replaces you and openly tries to trade you year in and year out. This trade next season would equal out to Davis for Rudy gay and if anyone thinks that's a bad trade they need to brush up on their basketball knowledge.
                            Totally agree.

Getting anything for Calderon was a win for the Raptors, let alone a potential allstar.

Comment

• Rudy Gay should do better and gain more recognition as an Eastern player than in the West if he wishes he can really make this team his own.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                Haven't read all 35 pages of comments but really? People are upset? Jose is a class act one of the best to ever put on a uniform but we were going to lose him at the end of the season. Would you want to return to the team that constantly replaces you and openly tries to trade you year in and year out. This trade next season would equal out to Davis for Rudy gay and if anyone thinks that's a bad trade they need to brush up on their basketball knowledge.
                                Personally, I am withholding judgment. If Gay is step one, and a guy like Paul Milsap is step two and prying away Gasol is step three and adding a Reddick at the SG spot to play off everyone is step 4, then I could get behind the WIN NOW meme. That team might be able to do something out East (at least for the next two years).

If it's just Gay.... and hope for the best, well, then this move is pointless. I like Rudy Gay but he ain't adding 20 wins to this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X