• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with this JAMSHID guy?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
      Something reported by the media MUST be true! I think those "reports" all came from the mouths of Masai and Casey. It all seemed like more of a panic move by Masai with Ennis being chosen at 18 (unable to swing deal) and Harris being chosen at 19 (deal with MEM off the table). Saying other teams would have taken him sounds like justification to me, rather than fact.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
        Something reported by the media MUST be true! I think those "reports" all came from the mouths of Masai and Casey. It all seemed like more of a panic move by Masai with Ennis being chosen at 18 (unable to swing deal) and Harris being chosen at 19 (deal with MEM off the table). Saying other teams would have taken him sounds like justification to me, rather than fact.
        RIght.....Sure man, whatever you say.

I bet if they didn't pick him at 20, and then came out and said they were targeting him at 37 but didn't want to reach, but another team picked him in the 20s, you'd be saying how they want to sound smart by saying they were going after some little know Brazilian prospect who could be really special. Either way you're going to basically say that they are making up stories to cover themselves...

Comment

i'd like to know what the sources of the potential utah-cobloco pick at 23 are. still highly doubt they were higher on the 'brazilian kd' over rodney hood.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            i'd like to know what the sources of the potential utah-cobloco pick at 23 are. still highly doubt they were higher on the 'brazilian kd' over rodney hood.
            Why? Rodney Hood doesn't seem like anything special. Skinny SF who only plays on one end and there his best skill is shooting.

**Utah is a stealthy team and I could fairly easily believe that they would have watched this guy and no one would know, because they wouldn't want anyone to know.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Why? Rodney Hood doesn't seem like anything special. Skinny SF who only plays on one end and there his best skill is shooting.

**Utah is a stealthy team and I could fairly easily believe that they would have watched this guy and no one would know, because they wouldn't want anyone to know.
              Rodney Hood is gonna be C.J Miles 2.0

Comment

Jamshid for Prime Minister!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Wow, you're a professional when it comes to being condescending. I know because the draft just ended. That's how I know.

Why don't you focus your superiority elsewhere? I'm not worth your time, big shot.
                  Ummm, there's nothing condescending in my post. I'm simply pointing out that you're making things up just like you claim the writers are doing.
                  There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

This just furthers my point. This is coming from the media!! Not coming from another team directly. No proof this info didn't come from the Raptors themselves.

@clericalbeats

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      Utah has a lot of carry-overs from the Spurs staff so it's VERY likely that they were clued in on Coboclo as an international prospect.

Rodney Hood is AT BEST going to be a solid role player in the league. Zero star upside. Pretty much just a shooter and a terrible defender.

Idk why people are angry we didn't draft a surefire role player over a guy who has much better boom-bust potential. Gotta take risks in the draft if you want to come out with great players at later picks.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Rodney Hood is gonna be C.J Miles 2.0
                        That's actually overrating Hood. CJ Miles is a very solid defender while Hood is terrible.

Comment

RIght.....Sure man, whatever you say.

I bet if they didn't pick him at 20, and then came out and said they were targeting him at 37 but didn't want to reach, but another team picked him in the 20s, you'd be saying how they want to sound smart by saying they were going after some little know Brazilian prospect who could be really special. Either way you're going to basically say that they are making up stories to cover themselves...
                          I can't comment on what I would, or would not say about a possible scenario like you're assuming about me. What I can say is that this pick was a PR nightmare as soon as it was taken. Overreactions by fans, laughter and negative judgements by the media. The Raptors are in the entertainment business and all I'm saying is it "seems" like the Raptors staff was working the media hard to dig themselves out of a hole.

Saying another team was going to take him because of his amazing potential sounds a lot better than, we had no plan B, C, D etc. once Ennis and Harris were taken. Just a theory.

@clericalbeats

Comment

There isn't any player who'd for sure make this team better next year.
                            Not "for sure" but P. J. Hairston very likely would have made Toronto, with their lack of depth at the wings, a better team next year.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                              Not "for sure" but P. J. Hairston very likely would have made Toronto, with their lack of depth at the wings, a better team next year.
                              a scoring backup 2 wasn't really what they needed though. we already have a scoring combo guard in greivis

plus it seems like hairston isn't the kind of guy who brings the work ethic, toughness and locker room presence that casey and ujiri like
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                A scoring backup 2 wasn't really what they needed, though. We already have a scoring combo guard in Greivis.

Plus, it seems like Hairston isn't the kind of guy who brings the work ethic, toughness and locker room presence that Casey and Ujiri like.
                                I think he will bring toughness to Charlotte. Responding positively to the consequences of one's own poor judgment, as Hairston has, takes a lot of courage. I cannot speak to his work ethic. Also, if Lowry signs elsewhere, Vasquez will be the starting point guard. Then we would have no one really competent on offence to back up either DeRozan or Ross. Now that would be a bad situation. Essentially, Vasquez was backing up the point guard and scoring guard positions last season.

Right now, I am waiting for decisions to be announced on Vasquez, Patterson, and Hansbrough. The draft seems to have had no effect on any of those situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X