On Valanciunas - The blasphemy thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    is it just me or does jv only know one move...
    You're right.

That pump fake in the post is really starting to irritate me. Every single time he gets the ball he does it. And it never works.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      You're right.

That pump fake in the post is really starting to irritate me. Every single time he gets the ball he does it. And it never works.
      absolutely wrong.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

JV rules, haters drool
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You're right.

That pump fake - it's part of his decision making, I think. He has solid footwork but he just can't stay under control when he's making his post moves(although he's got only one move - hook shot with few variations),I'm sure coaches don't sleep on this and the more experience this kid gains, the better he'll be.

One more thing - has anyone noticed how many times JV uses his off hand after unsuccessful pump fake? It's driving me crazy. Refs are going to notice. I hate when young players develop bad habits in their game.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Well I gotta agree with Isaac here. I'm not saying JV should stop pump faking tho. He should decide when,where and on who to pump fake. He needs to become less predictable player in the post. It's very important for his success offensively

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              absolutely wrong.
              whats so wrong about it ?
              You're right.

loool cant lie it worked once and then he did it for the rest of the game -.- ...and it didnt work again
              RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              dont be hard on her, she's 14 yr old girl, it's emotions and beliefs talking
              hahahah is that why no one takes me seriously LOOL
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Well I gotta agree with Isaac here. I'm not saying JV should stop pump faking tho. He should decide when,where and on who to pump fake. He needs to become less predictable player in the post. It's very important for his success offensively
                He also needs to take the jumper.

You do the pump fake when guys believe you'll take and hit the shot.

He has shown the ability to hit it out to 20ft.

One word describes him right now: clusterf*cked

Again I ask the riddle:
                How do you destroy talent? Remove its confidence.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  "Casey-ed"

Comment

13 games into his second season. 21 years old. Given yo-yo minutes for his entire NBA career so far. Playing with probably the worst possible PG-SG-SF combination in the league if you were a young, developing big man, and under a coach whose offensive philosophy actually appears to be letting the perimeter players on the team take turns going 1 on 5. And while he hasn't lived up to some of the loftier pre-season expectations of him, it's not like he's been a complete disaster either.

Probably a little too early to hit the panic button, no? And please don't let any of the people in this thread throwing the proverbial towel in on JV be the ones who were claiming that Rudy Gay would find a new unfound gear in his 8th season, or Lowry would be able to put together a full season of being a top 10 point guard in his eighth campaign as well. That would be too ironic.

JV was never going to be a guy who could singlehandedly drag a team to the promised land. His comps have always been the Hibbert/Noah/Chandler types... guys who will be an integral part of a winning situation but not their respective team's go to guy by any stretch of the imagination. There's no real evidence to show that JV's ceiling is no longer that type of player.

Comment

whats so wrong about it ?
                      JV is the type of guy who can be matchup nightmare for opposing team centers, every single time he steps on the court.

If you don't have Lebron-type superstar, then go ahead and build it around JV. I'm not saying that he's going to average 18-10 or anything similar. Just make him comfortable as much as possible. Good things always happen when you have right pieces for your game plan. ( Last year's example: Nuggets. )

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      He also needs to take the jumper.

You do the pump fake when guys believe you'll take and hit the shot.

He has shown the ability to hit it out to 20ft.

Again I ask the riddle:
                      How do you destroy talent? Remove its confidence.
                      I'm wondering what Casey is thinking about JV's jumpshot. Media should ask him.

Comment

JV is the type of guy who can be matchup nightmare for opposing team centers, every single time he steps on the court.

If you don't have Lebron-type superstar, then go ahead and build it around JV. I'm not saying that he's going to average 18-10 or anything similar. Just make him comfortable as much as possible. Good things always happen when you have right pieces for your game plan. ( Last year's example: Nuggets. )

I'm wondering what Casey is thinking about JV's jumpshot. Media should ask him.

Not right now but in a year or two, I think that is a very neutral prediction; not too optimistic at all in my opinion.

Comment

Here's a question:

Jonas for Vucevic. Which team says no?
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

is it just me or does jv only know one move...
                            He showed a 'spin left, finish with a lefty baby hook' against the Wiz the other night, so he's got a counter
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If Roy Hibbert was an allstar, then JV is a HOF
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Here's a question:

Jonas for Vucevic. Which team says no?
                                Cliff, you bring up one of the things that spurred my concern.
                                Here's a guy that has come in and done what he's meant to do, no excuses.
                                Good smart basketball, marked improvement, and in a tumultuous, unstable enviornment.
                                Granted, he is two years older, but still.
                                Would be nice to just see the improvement expected from a Raptor instead of always making excuses.

I guess I'm a little tired of waiting on potential and I just don't have a great feeling about this one.
                                Drummond, for example, seems to be progressing at the pace one would hope, and he's younger than JV.
                                His situation is slightly better, but not dramatically so.

I know there are a lot of factors contributing to what I'm seeing on the court, but I don't like it.
                                I want to see a guy who is confident enough on his own.
                                I want to see a player smart enough to apply the moves he used over the summer, and beat his man.
                                I want to see a player who can keep his emotions in check.
                                Etc., etc.

Basically, it comes down to this:
                                Sometimes I see him out there, and I can see him thinking rather than reacting.
                                Rather than just knowing what to do.
                                It makes him a step slow, and I'm afraid it always will.

Comment

Working...
                                X