U.S. Media Don't Know Jack When It Comes to Chris Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Media Don't Know Jack When It Comes to Chris Bosh

A kudos to Mike Ganter from the Toronto Sun for calling everyone and their dog in the American media when it comes to Bosh's pending free agency this summer.

It's getting more and more ridiculous each week and I can only imagine it'll get worse in the upcoming months with all the speculation.

I've just about had it with my American media counterparts.

Almost on a daily basis now, I can find at least one story out there with someone purporting to know for certain that Raptors all-star Chris Bosh is jumping the first train out of here.

It's not the idea that he might be leaving the Raptors that is so bothersome.

Bosh may in fact be playing in another uniform next season. That's a distinct possibility. He has the right to opt out of the final year of his contract, become a free agent, and flee.

It could happen.

But what's really annoying is that his departure is a "done deal" -- a foregone conclusion. My point is, it isn't.

Bosh said so more than a year ago when reports of his imminent departure first started. He said so as recently as Monday following practice.

Maybe if the members of the American media throwing these blanket statements around so cavalierly had been in the countless pre-game, post-game, pre-shootaround, post-practice scrums that those of us who are actually around Bosh on a near daily basis have been, they wouldn't be so quick to write off his Raptors future.
    Source - Click here

Why is the sports world in the US any different when it comes to "breaking news". We all know (for those who follow world events) what happened leading up to the debacle in Iraq and WMDs.... and how the political media acted pretty much the same way. One of their favoured was fed a scenario who ran with it without corroboration, and the rest, for fear of being left without the "scoop" parrotted the original b/s.
    That there should be some fair basis for reporting standards (like actually asking the subject of the story for his views) is I suppose too much to ask for anymore.

Comment

Speaking of media accuracy...I was just over at the ESPN website and looked at the "who would win the dunk contest" poll...and lo....DD's team is the freakin Clippers!

Hows that for irrelevance (or perception of) of the Raptors.

Honest typos are a bitch sometimes arent they?

Comment

Whats not to like in playing for a young team thats going nowhere but up, and being the main guy and having the GM build a team around you. Sure it gets cold and snowy here, but if ur rich and dont need to go anywhere other than across the gardiner to go to work...who cares. I see the Rapts away games on tv with tons of empty seats and no atmosphere, why wouldnt you want to represent not only Toronto, but in a sense..most of Canada. If its about endoresements and the spotlight, that stuff will find you , look at how popular VC was worldwide. I dont see why we always get the crappy end of the free agent rumours, Miami sucks and they're talking of bringing in someone to play with Wade, not Wade leaving. It just gets really annoying when these ppl keep playing Kreskin and telling us whats gonna happen this summer when CBs said nothing all along.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
          Whats not to like in playing for a young team thats going nowhere but up, and being the main guy and having the GM build a team around you. Sure it gets cold and snowy here, but if ur rich and dont need to go anywhere other than across the gardiner to go to work...
          I know that Bosh has always said that he loves the city of Toronto and the people here. He's constantly seen out around Toronto for his website launch party, his birthday party, Carribana, Raptors events, his charity work, etc. His brother comes up to live with him for months at a time, his cousin lives with him here in Toronto, he has lots of friends here and he's very well known and marketed here in Canada. He could go somewhere that will pay him more or has a chance at a title in the next year or two, but it doesn't mean that he'll like his teammates or the city as much. The Raps have a good chance at really becoming an elite team and competing for a title over the next 4 or 5 years. The pieces are coming together and it's all centered around Bosh. I think he knows that and it will take a lot to move him from Toronto.

Comment

@JibbaJabba34
            I really hope he realizes that, what could be more satisfying than starting from crappy last season and getting better everyday and make some noise in this years playoffs and the many playoffs to come. I think there's more satisfaction and respect from being in it from the start and watching it grow, rather than stacking ur team and being the big bullies ( Celtics ). Even if he goes to wherever LBJ or Wade goes and they win, it'll be a King James/ Dwayne Wade hero party, after being the 'man' here for so long , can he really step back and be a 2nd fiddle? When he was with Team USA , everyone said he was almost the MVP with his huslte and doing all the dirty work, but u never hear his name in front of Kobe, Lebron, Dwight, Dwayne...etc....
            that grass over there is not always greener..Damon, Vince, Tracy??

Comment

Sometimes selling newspapers has little to do with printing facts or even doing reasonable analysis!

LBJ will sign with the NYK - lol (or NJN - fall down laughing)
              CB4 to Miami - ha
              Wade to the Bulls! joke

Fits right in with playoff teams trading all-stars for cap space!

I guess you gotta what you gotta do!
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
              X