Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be interesting.. does Carmelo sign long term with Jersey? What happens with Billups? I know he doesn't want to leave Denver, but does he hold out to get bought out?

Comment

Is Melo Fools Gold?

Mr. Anthony is on pace to finish this season worth the equivalent of 6.8 wins, using the metric "Wins Produced" that predicts how statistics correlate to winning. Developed by Southern Utah University economics professor David Berri, Wins Produced devalues scoring totals in favor of other stats, particularly shooting efficiency.

Essentially, Mr. Anthony scores like an elite player, but he requires more shots to put up his numbers than a true superstar. This season, Mr. Anthony holds an effective field goal percentage—a weighted statistic that takes 3-pointers into account—of 45.1%. By comparison, LeBron James's effective field goal percentage is 52%. A franchise player, Mr. Berri says, will produce between 25-30 wins a season. Chris Paul is on pace to have 25.8 Wins Produced this season. Last year, Mr. James had 27.2, and Dwight Howard had 22.3.
      Source: Wall Street Journal

Comment

I think Carmelo is a top 10 player with questionable work ethics that needs a tough and demanding coach and another star player to keep motivated.

If brought to the right situation he is gold, if you don't have what I mentioned above then its fools gold.

Comment

I think this whole situation is pretty bad. It's ruining him and the Nuggets. I hope they trade him as soon as possible and end oall of this.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            I think this whole situation is pretty bad. It's ruining him and the Nuggets. I hope they trade him as soon as possible and end oall of this.
            I find it ironic that Melo slagged Bosh in the way he handled his impending free-agency. I think the end result for both is the same no matter how you cut it. I mean, he's still playing with the team and teammates that he doesn't want to be with. Yes, he is letting his intentions be known but like Bosh, they both want to have their cakes and eat it too.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Nets Not going After 'Melo anymore

There's a live feed on NBA.com with the Mickael Provokov http://www.nba.com/live1/

I guess it's over

Comment

lol carmelo turned them down, he told them they can just tell the media they declined
                Last edited by e2thed; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 07:06 PM.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm calling a bluff, but if it's not, then that's epic fail for the Nuggets. They got really greedy.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                    I'm calling a bluff, but if it's not, then that's epic fail for the Nuggets. They got really greedy.
                    +1 on the bluff.

Here is the ESPN write uP: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6038636

Comment

• If it is not a bluff, the question becomes: Do they stand pat and rebuild? Or do they go after another 'known' NBA player?

Comment

• The Nuggets would probably then be forced to work out a deal w/ New York, but without any real leverage other than the CBA.

Comment

• Hope the Nuggets can get something for him without sending him to the Knicks. Make Melo lose out on the max deal for being such a douche. Man I hope the league can straighten this kind of stuff out in the cba.

Comment

• Now they're hurting bad. Anthony Randolph it is.

Comment

• LOL the Nets screwed themselves up. They could have waited instead of spending pointlessly in the summer. Now they are stuck with average and below average players who are paid quite a bit. I can see why Melo wouldn't want to join them, their line-up shows no promise.

Comment

• Right now I'm seeing them with $36M on the books for next season. That's not bad at first sight until you look at Travis Outlaws' contact of $7M/yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X