Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Top 25 Players Under the Age of 25 - Guess which Raptor made it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father rev wrote: View Post
    You can trade Ed Davis for anyone on the 2nd list
    I love some of the guys on that list but if you can see the whole article, it is based on this year. If you look hard at those players, very few have had such an immediate impact on their team just simply due to increased playing time like ED has....

Of course ESPN doesn't connect that just removing Bargnani from the starting lineup in itself is a plus but we don't have to go there.....

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
      I love some of the guys on that list but if you can see the whole article, it is based on this year. If you look hard at those players, very few have had such an immediate impact on their team just simply due to increased playing time like ED has....

Of course ESPN doesn't connect that just removing Bargnani from the starting lineup in itself is a plus but we don't have to go there.....
      If it's based on this year, then how did Rose make that list?

Comment

If the list is based on this year's stats only, it still does not address the issue that many players from the second list are having a better year than Ed Davis, DeAndre Jordan, and Eric Bledsoe to name a few.

Eric Bledsoe is averaging 8.7 ppg and 2.9 apg, and I would argue he is having very little impact on his team Win-Loss record.

I do like Ed Davis' trajectory but unless he gains a lot of strength, he'll continue to be a severe liability against power forwards who can post him up.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          If it's based on this year, then how did Rose make that list?
          Or KLove?
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

This list has a lot of flaws to it. Looks to me like an internet piece meant to stir traffic. (folks at RR should know how that works )

Comment

Raps,should be looking to cash out high on ED

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Totally. He's a borderline starter who some actually believe is a young Charles Barkley. Trade high.

Alas, the far more likely outcome is a 5-year, $50 million extension :|

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Totally. He's a borderline starter who some actually believe is a young Charles Barkley. Trade high.

Alas, the far more likely outcome is a 5-year, $50 million extension :|
                  5 years 50 too high

4 years 38 with incentives pushing to 42 seems much more likely

Comment

... and Calderon, and Anderson, and Lowry while he's still on such a good contract, and DeRozan while he's still rookie scale (oops, too late for that one)

Comment

5 years 50 too high

4 years 38 with incentives pushing to 42 seems much more likely
                      Nilanka's point (I believe) was that it would most likely be Bryan handing out the extension... so 5 and 50 makes far more sense unfortunately.

Comment

Nilanka's point (I believe) was that it would most likely be Bryan handing out the extension... so 5 and 50 makes far more sense unfortunately.
                        fair enough... I stand corrected

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Or KLove?
                          There are certain guys like rose and Klove who clearly have been granted superior status because of what they have done in the past (i.e. an MVP and a guy who has recorded ridiculous amounts of 20-20 games for someone before 25)

Im not saying I agree with any of this, but Im just trying to make sense of it

Comment

Unless the plan is for The Spin Doctor to be with the organization at the beginning of next season, I am doubtful he would be able to extend players next summer without authorization from his boss.

GMs prefer to make their own roster decisions and I believe extending a player for 4 or 5 years at starter money next summer would send a strong, negative message to the GM candidates.

Comment

Imagine if he played for more than 3 quarters a game.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                                Imagine if he played for more than 3 quarters a game.
                                +1
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X