SG spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG spot

Who would you rather have start at the SG spot: DeRozan, Weems, Belinelli.

I personally think that Weems should get the start as he is just the kind of slasher we need. DeRozan just doesn't have the experience to be aggressive and his outside shooting is not better than Weems. Belinelli is too erratic and shoots too many ill advised off-balanced jumpers and bad on D.

I wouldn't be jumpin on the Weems Wagon just yet.......DD is still a rookie and has lots of potential while Weems and Belinelli, although have shown flashes of being great off the bench at times, are not NBA-caliber starters and DD has the potential to be that great 2-spot-slasher the Raps are lookin for

Based on the way Weems played against Houston, you can count on his minutes being extended though and in the end it really doesn't matter who starts for Toronto; it's all about who finishes
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
      Who would you rather have start at the SG spot: DeRozan, Weems, Belinelli.

I personally think that Weems should get the start as he is just the kind of slasher we need. DeRozan just doesn't have the experience to be aggressive and his outside shooting is not better than Weems. Belinelli is too erratic and shoots too many ill advised off-balanced jumpers and bad on D.
      I think DeRozan is currently figuring out how to use his amazing abilities in the pro game. We need to go back to last season in the NCAA. It was DeRozan's first year at that level and he struggled mightily in consistency from game to game until close to the end of the regular season. At that point he "got it", his game took off and he lead his team as a freshman to a point where no one really saw them reaching. People don't talk about it, and so I'm sure they don't think about. DeRozan took almost a full college season to figure out that level, its going to take at least the same at the pro level but he's not going to get there as fast if the Raptors start wavering in their faith in him and give him the hook.
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 14, 2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I want to see how Weems does in a regular rotation role before wondering about whether or not he's capable of starting.

I think DeRozan has proven to be the best shooting guard on the roster so far this season. I would be surprised if Weems managed to out-play him.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
        X