For the Raptors Fans who wanted Beasley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank wrote: View Post
    Yeah, never really cared for him tbh, character-wise and skill-wise he's not a player I'd like to have on this team.

That being said, I could really care less about what a player smokes as long as he can play.

Joakim Noah has been charged with possession of marijuana before, and he's still a guy I'd like to have on my team.
    I like the Noah comparison. its not the weed smoking i care about either because so many people do it and some might agree that alchohol is actually a far worse drug. That being said lets not forget the man that won a record setting 8 gold medals in the 2008 beijing olympics - MICHAEL PHELPS. Michael Beasleys preoblem is not dope its ignorance

Comment

Better than getting a DUI if you ask me.

I'm far more disappointed in players that think they can get away with that.

Comment

Whatever, weed is de-criminalized in Canada anyway ... Lots of 20 year olds smoke some dank, if you happen to be 'laid off' for a few months with millions of dollars available ... hell, take a late night cruise, grab a bag of grass, and go for it ... $128 ticket? OOohhh no!

Drinking at halftime didn't hurt Keon for us - so why would smoking in the offseason. Ask Oak.
        Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Thu Jul 7, 2011, 08:51 AM.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Better than getting a DUI if you ask me.
          100% agree
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

The guys stoned AND speeding. Loser...threatening his life and the life of everybody else on the road that night. Just like the Jack Ass guy. No different except he's not dead.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
              Whatever, weed is de-criminalized in Canada anyway ... Lots of 20 year olds smoke some dank, if you happen to be 'laid off' for a few months with millions of dollars available ... hell, take a late night cruise, grab a bag of grass, and go for it ... $128 ticket? OOohhh no!

Drinking at halftime didn't hurt Keon for us - so why would smoking in the offseason. Ask Oak.
              He wasn't in Canada. He's unfortunately a role model. He deserves to get whatever he gets. The league is going to fine him a lot more than $128 and they're probably going to suspend him, which will also cost him money. That's a bigger deal.

Comment

will also hurt his trade value
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

And his reputation and his credibility. Both those hurt his pocket as well. Major brands don't come knocking on the doors of pot heads. Smart basketball clubs don't take interest in guys with horrible track records and the weak ones aren't going to have deep pockets for them. The implications of his actions cannot be quantified by a $128 ticket for stupidity.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                    The guys stoned AND speeding. Loser...threatening his life and the life of everybody else on the road that night. Just like the Jack Ass guy. No different except he's not dead.
                    If he was stoned, or if the Cop had any reason to believe he was stoned then the ticket would be for ALOT more than that.
                    The ticket was for Possession. They have laws specifically for Marijuana DUIs. I believe.

Not to mention that driving while under the influence of Marijuana is not NEARLY as dangerous as driving while Intoxicated. If it were, then every state would VERY specific laws against it. But they don't.
                    I don't condone it any way shape or form, but "Jack Ass dude" (Ryan Dunn) was TRASHED. And to me, getting behind the wheel after having Drank any amount over a beer is STUPID and DANGEROUS. Getting behind the wheel after/while smoking a Joint isn't nearly as stupid. Still stupid. But not as. Just my opinion though.

And NBAers get pulled over for DUIs far too often in my opinion. The league needs to crack down on those idiots first, before they actually do kill someone. It'll happen eventually, with the rate in which they are getting pulled over.
                    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 7, 2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                      where did it say he was stoned?

Comment

he's just an idiot.

1. weed isn't addictive. if you got in trouble for it once, and know it could jeapordise your MILLIONS OF DOLLARS... it might be a good idea to stop.

2. the "it wasn't mine, it was my friend's and he left it in my car" BS is getting tired. My friends ain't leaving 16 grams in my car unless they fully well know i'm going to smoke it.

Comment

What happened to the good ol day when NBA players would just do tons of blow?
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think to sum it up, high profile kids dropping dead of heart attacks happened.

Comment

Eeeee...Right that guy. *adjusts collar*
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I think to sum it up, high profile kids dropping dead of heart attacks happened.
                                Employee wrote: View Post
                                Eeeee...Right that guy. *adjusts collar*
                                Len Bias ... what a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X