Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 104 - Houston Rockets 110 (F/OT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    One last thing. Everyone's talking about the Raps needing a backup PG. They already have one, problem is, he's also their starting PG.

Starting PG - One of the MAIN area they need to address going into next season.
    how can you say something like that when lowry single handedly kept us in this game. s m h.

Comment

• The problem with raps is they keep building unconventional teams. We have a center take Rudy take demar take Amir and who ever else and go get a power forward. Dominate the paint , get a big point guard that can play d pass the rock to the bigs and hit the 3 billups, mark Jackson , fisher type players. Ross plays go enough d that u can make him into a role player on the wing same with fields. This team needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. I am tried of watching tunnel vision here in toronto.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
        how can you say something like that when lowry single handedly kept us in this game. s m h.
        Lowry singlehandedly kept the Raps in this game? huh?

What kept the Raps in this game was their DEFENSE.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Lowry singlehandedly kept the Raps in this game? huh?

What kept the Raps in this game was their DEFENSE.
          The fact that we played them close despite shooting only 33% (to Houston 44%) is amazing. As a result we were outrebounded (defensive board) by 31-46. Our bad shooting reflected in low number of assists 10-21. Now how did we stay in the game?

We did better on the offensive board, but that is only normal because we had much more opportunities 76-47. We also did well in turnover department 13-23.

Comment

• Just wish Terrence Ross wasn't stuck behind both these two brick layers. Gay is terrible, DeRozan may be slightly more tolerable if Gay wasn't around, but combined with Gay it's just a brick and iso factory, especially with the offense the Raptors are playing, so ugly to watch.
            UGH!!!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
              I'd add Fields to that list, that guy is a smart player.

Comment

• Everyone can relax!

If it can happen to Jordan, it can happen to Rudy!

Who am I kidding? Awful.

Comment

• Anyone check Jamal Crawfords beyond half court bomb?

Clips won by 2.

Good thing he wasn't worried about his own stats.

Comment

• On the sunny side of life, it was nice to read the review from the Houston side and see that they were a bit perplexed as to why the rockets couldn't foul with six seconds left when they were up by three. Normally that's our job.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      The problem with raps is they keep building unconventional teams. We have a center take Rudy take demar take Amir and who ever else and go get a power forward. Dominate the paint , get a big point guard that can play d pass the rock to the bigs and hit the 3 billups, mark Jackson , fisher type players. Ross plays go enough d that u can make him into a role player on the wing same with fields. This team needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. I am tried of watching tunnel vision here in toronto.
                      I've been saying this since we got JV and passed up on Drummond for Ross. We need to create an area of the game where we can dominate every single game. With JV already here we just need an upgrade at power forward in order for that to happen.

Comment

• That was far and away the most pathetic shooting display I have ever seen.....on any level (which includes the kindergarteners balling on a 2-foot Playskool Nerf net on my street).

So many "WTF are you thinking moments???", my head just might explode.

For all the talk of discipline and accountability on the defensive end, what about the other end? Why isn't there any punishment for poor shots? Why don't the coaching staff understand that each heavily-defended long two is just as harmful as a turnover? How does a player reach 15+ misses on the night, and still continue to take low-percentage shots....in a tight game no less?

I can't wait for the next gen of interactive smart TVs which allow me to stick my leg through the screen and shove my foot so far up Casey, DeMar and Rudy's ass, that the water in my knee will quench their thirst.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          For all the talk of discipline and accountability on the defensive end, what about the other end? Why isn't there any punishment for poor shots? Why don't the coaching staff understand that each heavily-defended long two is just as harmful as a turnover? How does a player reach 15+ misses on the night, and still continue to take low-percentage shots....in a tight game no less?
                          And don't think the other players don't notice this, too. It's so typical of the way this team has played for years now with most every guy looking out for himself first and foremost. What is so frustrating to me is that Gay and Derozan only pass as the last option and, even then, it's done grudgingly. It's also why no one else wants to pass the ball, you will never see it again...

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                            I wonder how the ball game would have played out had T-Ross and Laundry Folds gotten the Gay/Derozan minutes instead of the latter?
                            We probably would've pulled away in regulation

Comment

• that doesnt support the tank

Comment

• Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 12, 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X