Pistons interested in Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You have to start negotiations somewhere.

But, yes, I think you're right overall here... especially the laughing part.

It would be interesting to see what happens if Josh Smith ends up in Detroit. I can't believe anyone thinks a front court of Smith-Monroe-Drummond will work as a starting lineup.
    It's beyond me too. It seems Mr Moneybags in Detroit has Dumars going after every big money guy he thinks might be available, and Dumars is taking shots in the dark, regardless of fit. I see Dumars getting desperate and winding up doing another Charlie V/Gordon off season.

Comment

What do Piston fans/reporters say about him?

What is his character, work ethic?

The big problem with Coleman was he had million dollar talent and 5cent character. I've never read anything to suggest Monroe was in any way similar.
      I don't think Monroe is that bad...admittedly.

But I also haven't seen him improve in the way he needs to most. He seems to focus on the things he likes to do...on offense.

Comment

Are you thinking Vin Baker?
        Nope, definitely thinking Coleman.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...n_speeding_ap/

"Philadelphia 76ers forward Derrick Coleman was arrested when police said he refused to take a breath test for alcohol after being stopped for driving about 100 mph.

The speed limit on Interstate 696 in the Detroit suburb is 70 mph."

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/20...or-bankruptcy/

Coleman was the poster boy for under-achieving super talented players who failed to live up to their potential. After a stellar 4 year career at Syracuse where he along with Billy Owens led the Orange to 4 consecutive deep NCAA Tournament runs in the late 80′s. After being selected as the #1 overall pick of the NJ Nets in the ’90 NBA Draft, Coleman at first impressed, by winning the NBA Rookie of the Year Award and was selected as a member of the USA Dream Team II. He was so impressive that many experts compared him to NBA Hall of Famers Charles Barkley and Karl Malone.

But his career was overshadowed by a myriad of injuries and a questionable attitude and work ethic. Even though he was deemed an elite player for the first 5 years into his career, he only played in 70 or more games in 4 of his 15 seasons in the NBA. He had a number of off the court issues including alcohol abuse, minor arrests, and excessive weight gain.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If you get Monroe AND KCP, I'd take both Stuckey and CV off their hands.... might even throw them a 2nd rounder myself.
          yeah i could do that
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Maybe the first real indication of MU's intent. A full blown tank job would surely mean trading Gay.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Maybe the first real indication of MU's intent. A full blown tank job would surely mean trading Gay.
              Broussard is a talking butt ( vs talking head), but trading Gay would not necessarily represent a tank.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                Broussard is a talking butt ( vs talking head), but trading Gay would not necessarily represent a tank.
                Ok then...how about...

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Maybe the first real indication of MU's intent. A full blown tank job would surely mean trading Gay.
                  Remember that Chris Broussard has a lengthy history of simply reading other people's tweets and calling them "sources." For all we know, he read Wolstat's Tweet about the Raps laughing the Detroit offer out of the room and that's who "told" him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    Remember that Chris Broussard has a lengthy history of simply reading other people's tweets and calling them "sources." For all we know, he read Wolstat's Tweet about the Raps laughing the Detroit offer out of the room and that's who "told" him.
                    That's not just a Broussard thing, that's an ESPN thing.

Comment

• Chris Broussard is the senior in college that copy and pastes from wikipedia
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Interesting. Raps fans and all the talking heads are saying that the Raptors need good assets along with salary cap relief to part with Gay. If Colangelo is such an idiot, how did he get Gay for Ed Davis and Calderon, who was UFA this off-season anyway? It seems likely that if MU trades Gay, it will be an upgrade from what BC paid for him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Broussard's tweet is timed before Wolstat's.

Wolstats content is the correct negotiating posture for the Raps....if you want him come and get him...we arent giving him away.
                          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jul 3, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                            Interesting. Raps fans and all the talking heads are saying that the Raptors need good assets along with salary cap relief to part with Gay. If Colangelo is such an idiot, how did he get Gay for Ed Davis and Calderon, who was UFA this off-season anyway? It seems likely that if MU trades Gay, it will be an upgrade from what BC paid for him.
                            I'll use my opinion to speak for the entire group because this is the Internet, but.....

Fans didn't hate on Colangelo for every bad decision, in fact he made a fair number of good to great moves with small signings and trades but as a whole he failed with little to no direction and a poor drafting record and an even poorer understanding of the value of his draft picks years after the fact.

Comment

• I think this is reading something more in to a Bargnani trade than actually should be... Or giving more value to Bargnani than deserving:

The Raptors have already made one cap-clearing trade this week, shipping off Andrea Bargnani and the $23 million left on his deal to the New York Knicks with an eye toward cleaning their books following the 2013-14 season. New Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri is sending signals that he intends to tear down much of the Raptors' bloated payroll and moving Gay could be part of that plan.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...ay-sources-say
                              MU took best deal IMO.

Don't think direction is known until after next deal.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                I'll use my opinion to speak for the entire group because this is the Internet, but.....

Fans didn't hate on Colangelo for every bad decision, in fact he made a fair number of good to great moves with small signings and trades but as a whole he failed with little to no direction and a poor drafting record and an even poorer understanding of the value of his draft picks years after the fact.
                                To further that..... Memphis were also looking for much less salary coming back and specific player to fit on wing.

Trades are hard enough but to throw in such specific criteria is much harder.

Comment

Working...
                                X