Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical Average By NBA Big Men Set Long Odds For Bargs Becoming A Big Time Scorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to 82games.com Bargnani matched up a lot more favorably the last two seasons against Centers than he did against Power Forwards

I am just going to type and not bring the stats.

Was that a collective sigh of relief I just heard being exhaled.

I digress

However, I will talk about them and put the link where you all can go and see them for yourselves.

Oh No!

If you go to 82games.com and check Bargani's match up stats from the last two seasons you will see that in both seasons 08-09 and 09-10 he matched up much more favorably against Centers then he did Power Forwards

http://www.82games.com/
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Aug 16, 2010, 04:02 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

mr.grinch wrote: View Post
      doesnt that mean amir will only average 8 ppg for his career
      lol

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
        lol
        Time out.

The 30 games after the all-star break didn't count at all

Lets use his ppg before the all-star break of 5.2

This way we have gotten the Raptors in the playoffs in 09-10

The league needs to replay the playoffs

After all why, Bosh was healthy at the all-star break.

I think 5.2 ppg makes more sense than 8.0 ppg

Now hold a minute, why even use the 09-10 pre all-star numbers?

Lets use his 08-09 numbers of 3.5

So you choose

08-09---------------------3.5 ppg
        09-10 pre-all star----------5.2 ppg
        09-10 post all-star---------8.0 ppg
        Or maybe Apr 2010--------13.4 ppg

See a trend here?
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Aug 16, 2010, 09:45 PM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
          Tim W: Where did I "suggest" that Bargs is a better player than Roy??? Read my post again so you can come to your senses...I stated that Bargs would of won the ROOKIE AWARD that season, NOT that he is better than Roy at this point...Oh, and find that "quote" where BC definitively said he thought Roy was better than Bargs. What's that? it doesn't exist, yaa because he never said that...
          Well, if Bargnani was never a better player than ROy, why on earth would Bargnani have won the Rookie of the Year award over Roy? That doesn't make much sense.

As for the quote, Colangelo has stated numerous times that Roy was the best player to come out of the 1996 draft. The first time was during an interview with RIck Kamla. I can't find the link to the actual interview, but here are a couple of links talking about the interview...
          http://raptortalk.com/2009/07/17/loo...colangelo.aspx
          http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...926423&start=0
          So in fact he did say it. Sorry.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W: ONCE AGAIN, go back and read my post PROPERLY and then it WILL make sense...My POINT is that Bargnani WOULD of won the award that year if he was on a BAD team like Portland was so he could pad his stats or he didn't miss 6 weeks because of his appendix surgery. I NEVER ASSUMED that Bargs is better than Roy overall, I SAID Bargs was better in their rookie seasons, now did the lights come on yet? Also, very convenient that you couldn't find THAT interview because ONCE AGAIN as I stated earlier it doesn't exist because BC NEVER made that comment nor has he "numerous" times...So nice try

Comment

Buddah most of your players you compare Bargni too went too college for 2-4 years. So when they entered the nba they were 21-22 years of age. SO 3-5 years in means that they're 25-27 years of age. Your blanket comparisons don't stand the test

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                According to 82games.com Bargnani matched up a lot more favorably the last two seasons against Centers than he did against Power Forwards

If you go to 82games.com and check Bargani's match up stats from the last two seasons you will see that in both seasons 08-09 and 09-10 he matched up much more favorably against Centers then he did Power Forwards

http://www.82games.com/
                Very cool site! Thanks for the link Buddha.

Comment

Working...
                X