Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De-SSAPPEAR DeRozan...DeMar where are you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Not to mention athleticism is better, but very, very skinny. Doesn't seem like the body type where you can put on some serious mass.
    Why would he want to?

Ray Allen certainly did alright with a slight frame.

Strength and mass are not like love and marriage - i.e. you can't have one without the other.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing after the game. DD looked 1/2 scared + 1/2 pissed off about some missed calls way earlier in the game. I'd have sat him in OT and put in Ross who at least could give us some defense - and if Demar's not going to/can't get to the rim - at least put a purer shooter in there. That childish foul on Bellinelli was awful...

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        To me the only advantage that DeRozan has right now over Ross is experience. That's it.

Ross is a much better shooter, much better defender, better rebounder.
        I disagree a bit on this. DD is a better shooter NOW than Ross, but Ross will be better than DD in almost all facets in a couple of years. I've always liked Demar, but my beef with him is he doesn't have that 'screw this, I'm just going to keep driving the net and draw fouls and put this team on my back' mentality. He starts to make a move, gets blocked and gives up quickly and passes the ball like most of the time. He looks like he lacks confidence in that situation.

But here's another thing, DD more than any other player I've seen in a long time does not get foul calls from officials. I don't know why that is, maybe he's pissed off a bunch of refs in the league, but it's to the point of being ridiculous. And I think this is one reason he doesn't drive the net as much as we would like. If he knew he'd get a call, we'd see it more.

Eventually, I think DD ideally would be a solid 2 coming off the bench, definitely not a starter on a good team. But on this Raps team......

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          Derozan has always been a floater..doubt that ever changes..Trade him NOW before were stuck with him. Once T.Ross becomes more consistant, Demar will be nothing more then bench fodder.. at least T.Ross is always moving on offence, running off screens & such.. it helps our offence much more then Demar who's known to be a pour 3pt shooter parking his ass on the 3pt line & doing nothing else..Demar is a POSER!! LOL
          Agree. My fear is T. Ross starts patterning his game with Demars. Get rid of him before he becomes a bad influence.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Why would he want to?

Ray Allen certainly did alright with a slight frame.

Strength and mass are not like love and marriage - i.e. you can't have one without the other.
            Durant too.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
              DeRozan isn't the player some of you think he is.
              No shit, einstein.

Rude comment on my part but i entirely agree with you.

For me tho, he's not the player we all thought he was going to be.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Completely agree with everythign you just said.

DeRozan DISAPPEARS all the time when the game is on the line. Defensively he's a non factor. Horrible rebounder, no playmaking skills.

So i ask this again, why is he getting this much minutes? the guy is is getting 35-40mins/game. Main reason IMO why he's averaging 18ppg.
                He got his contract, why would he bother? What if he broke a nail?

Leave the guy alone.

Comment

Perfect statement from Jack Armstrong last night.

He said it was one of those games that Demar couldve used to just go nuts, score 30+pts by attacking the defense and just make the game his own. Chance to separate himself as the clear cut leader of the team.

But Demar choked.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    Perfect statement from Jack Armstrong last night.

He said it was one of those games that Demar couldve used to just go nuts, score 30+pts by attacking the defense and just make the game his own. Chance to separate himself as the clear cut leader of the team.

But Demar choked.
                    No, he didn't choke. He is what he is. He is never going to be a guy that takes over games cause he can't shoot threes, he can't consistently break down defenders one-on-one to get to the rim and he can't break down people to make plays for teammates. That's how you score late in the NBA.

Lowry has the capability of taking over games late cause he can break defenders down and he can shoot the 3-ball. He also made some terrific plays last night that led to buckets. I don't think he can do it night in and night out but he at least has the requisite skills.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      No, he didn't choke. He is what he is. He is never going to be a guy that takes over games cause he can't shoot threes, he can't consistently break down defenders one-on-one to get to the rim and he can't break down people to make plays for teammates. That's how you score late in the NBA.

Lowry has the capability of taking over games late cause he can break defenders down and he can shoot the 3-ball. He also made some terrific plays last night that led to buckets. I don't think he can do it night in and night out but he at least has the requisite skills.
                      Yes, i do agree, poor choice of words on my part.

Thats why you need a Gay or somebody else who can close besides him.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Yes - Demar is not that player. And he plays big minutes because we lack alternative. Ross is stil la rookie - Casey wouldn't put a rookie in OT when the game is on the line. Fields is questionable about everything excpet rebounding now. So as above - we need superior talent or Colangelo should have never given this contract to Derozan and the expactations that the organization and the fans have is too much for Derozan. But this one is on the managament not on Derozan. He is a great guy who likes Toronto and works hard. It ain't his fault the organization wants him to be a player he isn't and never going to be.

Comment

There aren't a lot of guys that put a team on their backs to win a game you guys set your bar way too high we don't have an LBJ, KD, KB. Only a slect few guys can be given the ball anywhere and make something out of nothing....talking like you want Demar to dribble up the court break all the defenders and score he isnt that.

Unfair judgments on the poor guy solution, start Lowry and let him play with Lowry for those minutes he will be more productive.

Comment

Lowry was on the floor for most the second half & overtime with Demar..i didnt see any improvement in his game playing with Lowry..this notion that Demar is better off playing with Lowry rather then Jose is rediculous!

Comment

You saw the first 10 games didnt you? or any of the games for that matter with Lowry starting?

The opponent was the bulls you know top 3 defensive team in the league...They allow the least amount of points around the basket. You guys are selling Demar short very very short it isn't easy to score on the Bulls Lowry and Anderson had it going so leave it them. Bulls are not a good team for DeRozan to go off on. It doesnt really matter he will have a number of big games again no doubt and everyone will just start praising him again.

His positives highly outweigh his negatives.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                Lowry was on the floor for most the second half & overtime with Demar..i didnt see any improvement in his game playing with Lowry..this notion that Demar is better off playing with Lowry rather then Jose is rediculous!
                                so a 1 game sample is enough to prove your point? fuck off!!

someone earlier described derozan as 1/2 scared 1/2 pissed off, and I have to agree, some of the worst body language I've seen from him all season. You've never been discouraged before?

I am not concluding anything, I am just saying we need to base your conclusion that derozan is just as bad playing with lowry, off more than 1/2 a game, where derozan's mental state was visibly affected, and against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X