No announcement yet.

Matt Devlin on TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny how many people miss Swirsky now. But when he was here, there was a lot of hate, especially for his over-the-top homerism.

Comment

Jack has some sweet quotes he says sometimes. That shit needs to be written down

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It's funny how many people miss Swirsky now. But when he was here, there was a lot of hate, especially for his over-the-top homerism.
        i loved swirsky. Especially his excitement after a huge play it was pretty awesome

Comment

Raptor games:
          Devlin sounds like a moron who doesn't understand the game.
          -Misses blocked shots
          -doesn't know what the violation was and just says turns it over
          -has horrible expressions (bang on, up fake, uptake, etc)
          -calls players by their first name(sounds retarded)
          -often just says JOSEEEEEEE or ANDREAAAAA when they shoot - no other description whatsoever
          On TNT
          -doesn't get nearly as dorkily excited or loud
          -doesn't do nearly as much of the stuff in the above list
          -still GARBAGE

Comment

Swirsky was excited about the game of basketball. He made a reasonably big deal about the opposing team's awesome play but not to the point where you'd say hey they're the enemy. He understands the game way better than Devlin. He has way better ball vocabulary than Devlin.

Comment

I don't think its even fair to compare Devlin to the Swirsk. Chuck was a homer, but loves the game of basketball and loved the raptors. His passion and excitement every game he called. When Toronto was getting spanked he didn't sugar coat it, either. To me he was the voice of Toronto basketball for many years. I hope he is doing well in Chicago and the fans there appreciate him as much as we do.

Comment

Nobody can live up to the homerism that is hawk harrellson.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

For what it's worth, I did commenting on my local university team for a couple years and went to school for that sorta thing.. Not that I'm more qualified than any of you but I'll give you my two cents. I analyze commentators as much as much as games somethimes.

First and foremost, Leo is garbage. Totally repetitive and no attitude. You could have drinking games on when he mentions that you shouldn't jump to block jump shooters and to not swat the ball out of bounds.

Jack Armstrong is king. Awesome personality and calls players on their sh*t, even if it's the Raptors. Yeah he goes off sometimes, but see my next point...

Matt is pretty meh. Not a lot of personality but says some funny things sometimes. He does know the game. People say he goes off too much but you try calling 82 games (or 66) for the last two seasons that were basically wright offs. Matt's job isn't to criticize the team, that's not why they hired him. It's hard to get excited about a team starting three 10-contracts.

I watch a lot of streams, and believe me guys we're not doing that bad compared to a lot of teams. It's pretty rare that I feel a local broadcast has it better than the Raps.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

he's totally right. There are commentators out the that are garbage compared to ours, we don't have to act like spoiled brats lol. Be grateful for what we have

Comment

agreed. theres some commentators that make it unbearable.
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I was just thinking that too. I'm sure if we went back into the RR archives to the time when Swirsky was here, the hate would far outnumber the support (and I was a supporter).

Comment

In the words of dred locks guy from counting crows "you don't realize what you got til it's gone." "shu bop bop bop, shu bop bop bop bop."
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            In the words of dred locks guy from counting crows "you don't realize what you got til it's gone." "shu bop bop bop, shu bop bop bop bop."
                            That would be "In the words of Joni Mitchell."

And I am a little surprised , LBF, to hear you singing a Joni Mitchell song.

Comment

What makes you say that? My avatar?

Comment

And I was referring to the Counting Crows version. So, in all untechnicality I was not qouting a Joni Mitchell song. But, I technically was.

Comment

Working...
                                X