No announcement yet.

Do You Want Bosh Back Next Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, lets not coronate Dwight and his band of 3 point shooting misfits just yet. Atlanta imploded during the Bucks series, it would have been foolish to expect them to show up for Orlando when their coach has no hold over the team and Josh Smith is free to sulk, whine and huck 18 footers to his hearts content.

Atlanta was the obvious choice for an implosion this year, high expectations without a Steve Nash to keep them grounded and focused on what they were doing when they were doing it.

Orlando is a really really good team, but Cleveland made the adjustments on match ups and they have no one to throw on Bron. Lets see what happens when they face a team capable of going bucket for bucket with them and who have a myriad of big bodies to throw at Dwight.

Shaq has been dreaming about this match up since they traded for him, this is his last stand and I don't think Dwight will know what hit him. I don't see how Orlando can be favorites since they haven't been in a fight yet, they have no idea who is thier go to guy and where they are going to get baskets when the game tightens up.

If the raps keep Bosh, they 100% need to get an Oakley who will start throwing people around if they arent pulling thier weight. Bosh either can't or refuses to lead and Triano has proved he's a players coach and not a disciplinarian. I'm not sure whose available who can fill that role, but the Nuggets thought Chancey was that guy and even he couldn't keep the knuckleheads in line. This team has a different brand of knucklehead, ideally they need 2008 KG, but unless he's trapped in a hot tub time machine its not gonna happen.

Comment

Wow, it's almost a 50/50 split between yes and no. I hope CB4 doesn't read these boards. These findings might be a blow to his ego.

Comment

not for full max he's done in 4 years . his knees will be shot

Comment

@Buddahfan

Dont disagree with anything you wrote. I was trying to get across the point that even with a Bosh (when compared to a lesser flawed team like the Hawks), the Raps dont cut it going deep into the playoffs. As of today, the Bucks on paper and playoff action are a better team. Depressing. It doesnt make sense to retain the man for the money to be spent. In anycase I think he would in fact be coming back (if he does) because he could not get the super-max contract (thru S&T) somewhere else. He has kept his options open...except for the twitter msgs last week.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
            Whoa, lets not coronate Dwight and his band of 3 point shooting misfits just yet. Atlanta imploded during the Bucks series, it would have been foolish to expect them to show up for Orlando when their coach has no hold over the team and Josh Smith is free to sulk, whine and huck 18 footers to his hearts content.

Atlanta was the obvious choice for an implosion this year, high expectations without a Steve Nash to keep them grounded and focused on what they were doing when they were doing it.

Orlando is a really really good team, but Cleveland made the adjustments on match ups and they have no one to throw on Bron. Lets see what happens when they face a team capable of going bucket for bucket with them and who have a myriad of big bodies to throw at Dwight.

Shaq has been dreaming about this match up since they traded for him, this is his last stand and I don't think Dwight will know what hit him. I don't see how Orlando can be favorites since they haven't been in a fight yet, they have no idea who is thier go to guy and where they are going to get baskets when the game tightens up.

If the raps keep Bosh, they 100% need to get an Oakley who will start throwing people around if they arent pulling thier weight. Bosh either can't or refuses to lead and Triano has proved he's a players coach and not a disciplinarian. I'm not sure whose available who can fill that role, but the Nuggets thought Chancey was that guy and even he couldn't keep the knuckleheads in line. This team has a different brand of knucklehead, ideally they need 2008 KG, but unless he's trapped in a hot tub time machine its not gonna happen.
            The Magic beat the Cavs last year and the Magic are far better this year with the addition of VC (sorry VC haters), Nelson healthy, Reddick vastly improved etc etc.

The Cavs added Jamison and Hickson is improved but Shaq is no better this season than Z was last season.

To say that the Magic are a bunch of 3 point shooting misfits is really an odd statement to say the least because the Magic have one of the best defensive teams in the league if not the best even with Lebron's defensive acumen.

If you don's believe it just think Turk. So one complained about his horrible defense last season because he had Howard protecting his butt. This year with Bargnani and Bosh on the front line with him Turk's no-defense got exposed for what it is; i.e. stale pizza with a lot of holes in it.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I have no quarrel with the Magic, I think SVG is the best coach in the league if not in NBA history at preparing his team for thier opponent and making sure everyone is on the right page. The guy never lets anyone's head get too big and no one plays out of the system. In game I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but the Magic never sleep on anyone.

As far as their roster goes I don't see how they got better, just different. Wince is a jump shooter at heart if he even has one, Barnes is not an upgrade over Turk although he does give them a lil extra muscle/swagger which they need. Rashard took a bizzaro leap this year and is not playing close to last years level and Dwight remains a liability on offense in the last 5 minutes.

Jameer is the only guy who might be a difference maker and the Cavs clearly struggle against fast, penetrating point guards. I think its going to be a very tough series and hopefully it goes 7, but in the last 5 minutes when the defenses tighten up and points are hard to come by, the Magic have Wince and Jameer and the Cavs have Bron.

Shaq wants Dwight bad, he stole his prized nickname and reputation as the leagues most entertaining big man, throw in Stan "the master of panic" Van Gundy and the possibility of finals grudge match with Kobe and Shaq is emptying the tank in these next few weeks. I think Shaq will play Dwight almost to a draw and Lebron will do the rest.

The addition of AP should not be overlooked as well, the guy is as good an open 3 point shooter as there is in this league and he has Bron's full trust.

The only way Bron loses back to back against the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals is if someone space jams his game.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                The dismantling of Atlanta is a real wakeup call about what happens to a team in the playoffs (I am beyond reg. season stats.) without strong leadership either on the team or from the coach. And this is a team that screwed over the Raptors during the reg. season.

All things considered I dont think Bosh on the current team can provide what it takes (other than 20/10) . He's been here too long and without meaningful team success. Time for a painful reset.
                I don't see how it was a wakeup call. I mean, did anyone really see Atlanta really doing anything in the playoffs? They're built for getting to the second round, at best. When your top two players are Joe Johnson and Al Horford, you're not really a contender.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  I have no quarrel with the Magic, I think SVG is the best coach in the league if not in NBA history at preparing his team for thier opponent and making sure everyone is on the right page. The guy never lets anyone's head get too big and no one plays out of the system. In game I think he leaves a lot to be desired, but the Magic never sleep on anyone.

As far as their roster goes I don't see how they got better, just different. Wince is a jump shooter at heart if he even has one, Barnes is not an upgrade over Turk although he does give them a lil extra muscle/swagger which they need. Rashard took a bizzaro leap this year and is not playing close to last years level and Dwight remains a liability on offense in the last 5 minutes.

Jameer is the only guy who might be a difference maker and the Cavs clearly struggle against fast, penetrating point guards. I think its going to be a very tough series and hopefully it goes 7, but in the last 5 minutes when the defenses tighten up and points are hard to come by, the Magic have Wince and Jameer and the Cavs have Bron.

Shaq wants Dwight bad, he stole his prized nickname and reputation as the leagues most entertaining big man, throw in Stan "the master of panic" Van Gundy and the possibility of finals grudge match with Kobe and Shaq is emptying the tank in these next few weeks. I think Shaq will play Dwight almost to a draw and Lebron will do the rest.

The addition of AP should not be overlooked as well, the guy is as good an open 3 point shooter as there is in this league and he has Bron's full trust.

The only way Bron loses back to back against the Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals is if someone space jams his game.
                  I will bet you a large pizza on this. We can work out the details later. It shouldn't be too hard. You will just have phone a local Los Angeles Pizza shop put the charge on your credit card and have the pizza delivered to my home or I can pick it up as long as it is a local pizza shop in my neighborhood of which there are plenty. I will pay for my own beverage

If the Magic beat the Cavs or Boston beats the Cavs then I win.

Do we have a bet?
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 10, 2010, 03:33 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't see Shaq playing Dwight Howard to a draw, no matter how upset Shaq is. And I don't even know what to say about your assertion that Stan Van Gundy might be the best coach in the history of the league at preparing his team for their opponents.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hahahaha, large pizza it is.

I already got enough riding on Bron, no point in hedging now.

Tim, Whose better than SVG? Not sure how you can prove it one way or another, but that Orlando team is always prepared and never seems to take anyone lightly.

Shaq isn't upset, he's motivated and when he gets motivated he's a hard man to deter. He wants it more than Dwight and is also playing for a new contract in the off season. I'm not saying this is a lock or anything, but I think Shaq has one more throwback series left in him and Dwight is going to struggle getting inside position against one of the best of all time who knows every trick in the book.

Comment

with another good player yes, without a borderline all-star heels no, dude is not a leader and needs help.hje's not a #1 guy but he can look like one with some help
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Oh, I’m not going to mention that Kobe had his knee drained and went off for 40 in his first game back as compared to another guy who may or may not have had, say, an issue with another joint and came up small.

I’m not going to. Honest.
                          Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors Blog

Comment

Before the start of Monday's series opener, Lakers coach Phil Jackson confirmed to reporters that Bryant had his knee drained, as first reported by the Los Angeles Times. Jackson would not provide information on when the procedure occurred.

"It happened some time ago, so it's kind of over with," Jackson said.

According to a Lakers source, the knee was drained prior to Game 5 of Los Angeles' first-round series against Oklahoma City, more than two weeks ago.
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5195366

Kobe has scored 30 plus points five games in a row. It seems reasonable that he had his knee drained during the series with the Thunder prior to the four game sweep of the Jazz and last night.

Actually Kobe did practice between the end of the Jazz series and the beginning of the series with the Suns. He took extensive shooting practice, the benefits of which were clear in last nights game.

A lot of non-Lakers fans are just looking to bring Kobe down to Lebron's level.

Comment

You're mistaken. Wrong thread. This one we haven't mentioned Kobe until now. If you read more closely in the text I quoted Doug Smith is taking a jab at Chris Bosh. That was the point of the quote. I'm done with showing how Kobe's body is regressing, that's established. This is about Bosh not being "able" to perform coming back from injury or playing with injury. Its a hit to the superstar status he wants and not to Kobe's ability in overcoming an aging, regressing body.

...as compared to another guy who may or may not have had, say, an issue with another joint and came up small.

I’m not going to. Honest.
                              Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors Blog

Comment

I took that as a shot at Lebron, not Bosh. Lebron had an issue with another joint (the elbow) and then came up small against Boston. If he intended that jab for Bosh then it was poorly written, as Lebron's joint injury and subsequent coming up small was both more recent and a bigger deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X