Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Anybody think there's a chance that the Raps flip Novak (stretch 4, cheaper than Bargnani) & DeRozan to the Clippers for Bledsoe & Butler? Salaries would certainly match much better than Bargnani & DeRozan... just thinking outloud here...
    Is that possible? how long do players have to be with a team before they are traded again?

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      Just you. I don't see how this indicates tank. This makes the Raptors a better team. Maybe not be a whole lot, but it does.
      Camby had a total of 24 games last season at 10mins per game. And his contract is non-guaranteed next season. So that would make him an expiring, if im not mistaken.

Novak is a serviceable player but even on this Raptors team he's only good as the 8th (as the roster currently stands) man.

More picks acquired than the # of players.

Seems like a rebuild move. But again, they might flip what they got for better players.

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
        Is that possible? how long do players have to be with a team before they are traded again?
        You can trade players immediately for another individual player, but if you want to put him into package you must wait 60 days.

Comment

• Doing the biggest happy dance right now.....Alfonso Ribeiro ain't got shit on me!

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
            Not sure, since it could be done as 2-part trade on July 10th, when trades can actually become official. It works in the ESPN Trade Machine...

TOR - Bledsoe & Butler & Camby

NYK - Bargnani

LAC - DeRozan & Novak

Who knows, maybe some of the picks (1st?) go to the LAC too, to beat out Orlando for Bledsoe....

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
              Camby had a total of 24 games last season at 10mins per game. And his contract is non-guaranteed next season. So that would make him an expiring, if im not mistaken.

Novak is a serviceable player but even on this Raptors team he's only good as the 8th (as the roster currently stands) man.

More picks acquired than the # of players.

Seems like a rebuild move. But again, they might flip what they got for better players.
              I agree it may look like the rebuild move, Novak is overpaid (but he can shoot three while other Raps can't) and Camby is pretty much done(but he can be good mentor for JV defense.) + Picks...It's more like insurance move. Just trade this "devil" and move on.

Comment

• The only way this trade could get fucked up now is if the league vetoes it like they did when Chris Paul was supposed to go to the Lakers lol
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• It's not a rebuild move to cut Bargs. He should've been gone before the trade deadline, but BC clearly couldn't part with him. Rebuilding would mean cutting players who are in the team's plans for the future.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Not sure, since it could be done as 2-part trade on July 10th, when trades can actually become official. It works in the ESPN Trade Machine...

TOR - Bledsoe & Butler & Camby

NYK - Bargnani

LAC - DeRozan & Novak

Who knows, maybe some of the picks (1st?) go to the LAC too, to beat out Orlando for Bledsoe....
                    I saw someone from Yahoo or ESPN said that trade call will be done today so that agreement should stay as it is ( bargnani - cambi,picks,novak ) + it can't be changed afterwards if I'm not wrong.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      The only way this trade could get fucked up now is if the league vetoes it like they did when Chris Paul was supposed to go to the Lakers lol
                      Luckily the league doesn't own the Raptors

Comment

• Holy shit someone tickle my balls
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I also hope Camby sticks around for a season and works as a mentor for JV.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• First off, together Novak and Camby are at 8 Mil, thus we cut our salaries by 2Mil.
                            Secondly we get 3 draft picks for the future,
                            Third we get rid of Bargs.
                            Fourth, Novak is usable as our third big with a great 3pt% (But hopefully for less than 20 mins a night!)

MU is a genius. I was afraid we would get less than a bag of pretzels for the big man, and here we are with a serviceable 3pt threat, saving money, and making draft picks (including a first rounder!)

Now, this is the first year Ive been scowering Twitter for reactions, and I have to admit some casual Rap fans are pretty dumb:

One of our Best players? Are you high?

Do you even know what a cap salary is? Do you know what a draft pick means? Do you know I was barely expecting Caron Butler for Bargnani before this happened?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Everybody do a happy dance!

Comment

• Would anyone be interested if we traded that 2016 first round pick for Thomas Robinson? That pick is probably gonna be in the 20 range anyways...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X