Gary Payton: Bosh Most Overrated Player in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Payton: Bosh Most Overrated Player in the NBA

Bosh apparently shares the honors with Arenas according to Payton. Would you agree or disagree with Payton's comments regarding Chris?

Link: Click here

I have to say, I agree with The Glove on this one. He made some great points that I think we all are aware of. Bosh does need to step up more and when I say it I don't mean in terms of scoring or rebounding. I mean in terms of defense and leadership on the floor.

Comment

"Krish" Bosh? There is only so much one man can do...if your team sucks and you have amazing numbers (PER, guy you are guarding's PER, +/-), then it is *your* fault? He can't play every position, man...

Gilbert Arenas, overrated? Overpaid, yes. Overrated, no. Also, how does he expect a player who relied on lightning speed, but doesn't have it anymore to immediately come back and produce after missing two years? He is probably the worst contract in the league right now, absolutely nobody overrates him...

Anyway, before he calls out players he needs to learn how to pronounce names. Krishnan Bosh, indeed.

Comment

chris bosh overated

After I saw Gary on NBA tv with his little kitten he lost all crediblity with me Doc had a good article earlier in support of Chris.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
          "Krish" Bosh? There is only so much one man can do...if your team sucks and you have amazing numbers (PER, guy you are guarding's PER, +/-), then it is *your* fault? He can't play every position, man...
          ...The Raptors have lots of talent on roster...

Comment

I didn't click on the link because the statement is ridiculous and no explanation can justify it. Bosh is not a top-tier player like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul or Melo. And he is overrated but to say he's the MOST overrated player in the league is stupid. You put Bosh alongside Nash in Phoenix and get Stoudamire here, and next thing you know Payton will be calling Amare overrated.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              ...The Raptors have lots of talent on roster...
              So I guess I should have been more careful in my statement. My main point is not whether the rest of the team is good or not. All I am saying is that there is only so much any one person can do to improve his teammates. If you think Bosh is not doing enough, name some concrete things he is doing poorly (e.g., not playing defense, not grabbing enough rebounds, being too passive, not passing out of doubles).

But vague, poorly thought-out statements like Payton's are just silly and uninformative.

Comment

Nope -- Bosh is not overrated. He is an All-NBA caliber player.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

y'all really hating on cb4 .. there is nothing to prove chris bosh is overrated.. take a closer look at the numbers and the effort on the court each night.. and to say he need to step up on defense is ridiculous
                  ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                    Nope -- Bosh is not overrated. He is an All-NBA caliber player.
                    Bosh is an All-Star that never had a great 2-guard that helped him remove the "over-rated" / "non clutch". Amare is nothing without Nash, take out Nash for the year and now you have an over-rated PHX power forward.

Comment

I hate when NBA analysts use over statements to make it seem like their more knowledgeable on the topic. For example when Hollinger said Jose Calderon is the worst defensive PG in the NBA, first of all what does Hollinger base this on, he probably doesn't watch many raptors games (Im thinking he watches close to none). Add to that the PG postition is the hardest position to defend (waaay to many quick guards) so its not like hes the only PG to get beaten of the dribble in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                      X