Game #57: Toronto Raptors 99 - Cleveland Cavaliers 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Ugly win last night but it was a W. In recent years that game we would have lost.
    Agreed. Even earlier this season, the team would've started pressing, and played "not to lose".

It's funny how much confidence changes things.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Well when you run a ton of isos for someone who doesn't excel in that area that's what you get.

That's why this team still needs a true superstar. Casey also needs to remember that passing and ball movement is how we are successful in quarters 1-3, there's no reason to go away from that in the 4th.
      Exactly. I dread late forth quarter play calls by DC . The ball often does not move.

Comment

• I kept reading this morning about the "blown call" last night and I had no idea what they were talking about. The play should never be called a foul, they both got to the spot together, neither had possession and Derozan touched the ball first. What am I missing?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          I kept reading this morning about the "blown call" last night and I had no idea what they were talking about. The play should never be called a foul, they both got to the spot together, neither had possession and Derozan touched the ball first. What am I missing?
          I'm guessing they're referring to the Kyrie drive, Amir contact, "no call".

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing they're referring to the Kyrie drive, Amir contact, "no call".
            That one makes more sense. I didn't watch the replays but live from the angle they showed I was very surprised a whistle didn't come when the layup was that off.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Agreed. Even earlier this season, the team would've started pressing, and played "not to lose".

It's funny how much confidence changes things.
              Exactly. With this group, you can just see that confidence and the feeling like they expect to win. And being a "winning" team creates a reputation around the league, where suddenly we are "one of those good teams" that seem to get all of the unfair breaks from the refs, while the "loser teams" cry in their beer.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                That one makes more sense. I didn't watch the replays but live from the angle they showed I was very surprised a whistle didn't come when the layup was that off.
                For everyone crying foul about Raptors treatment by the refs - well we got one back there.
                And that's just the nature of the game, refs blow calls in basketball since they're so hard to make.
                Some fall our way, some don't.

I was streaming a Cavs feed yesterday, and they were going off about a lot of calls at the end of the fourth.

Things like this, and the Lowry-Kings call, happen to every team. Can we stop crying foul?

(the real bias in the NBA is pro-superstar, but I digress)
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• These "non-calls" will continue to happen at the end of games as long as players keep looking for foul calls to bail them out

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Ugly win last night but it was a W. In recent years that game we would have lost.
                    People keep saying "ugly win" but that is how this team plays. They grind it out defensively, foul the other team a lot, and slow it down in the half court. Raps win ugly cause they play ugly.

Comment

• Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        For everyone crying foul about Raptors treatment by the refs - well we got one back there.
                        And that's just the nature of the game, refs blow calls in basketball since they're so hard to make.
                        Some fall our way, some don't.

I was streaming a Cavs feed yesterday, and they were going off about a lot of calls at the end of the fourth.

Things like this, and the Lowry-Kings call, happen to every team. Can we stop crying foul?

(the real bias in the NBA is pro-superstar, but I digress)
                        yep. i think it was kyrie irvings post-game interview where he was asked about the potential foul, and he just shrugged it off saying its just part of the game.

of course the next bad call the raptors get, i'll be the first to cry foul!

Comment

• Guys having gun!

Comment

• Guys having gun![/QUOTE]

I hope not! these 2 aren't felton we cant lose them!

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                              I hope not! these 2 aren't felton we cant lose them!
                              *fun

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                People keep saying "ugly win" but that is how this team plays. They grind it out defensively, foul the other team a lot, and slow it down in the half court. Raps win ugly cause they play ugly.
                                Any road win, against any team, is a good win, no matter how it was won.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X