Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    So, as per the final poll results, most people think dude actually earned a B grade for his time in T.O.?
    Actually, most people voted C-or-Worse (64 votes); to the 51 people who voted B-or-Higher.

Regardless, Bargnani is gone. Wish him well. He's no longer our problem to deal with.

Comment

• Great day everyone!

My thoughts on this, just in case ya got nothing better to do: http://10foothighnba.blogspot.ca/201...fficially.html
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Is he actually going to be wearing #77 for the Knicks??

ADD I've confirmed this ... Wow Andrea. Just Wow.
        Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 10, 2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Is he actually going to be wearing #77 for the Knicks??
          Based on numerous sources on twitter. He's joining some elite company by doing so.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• In a league built on the chest thump and the rafter-shaking dunk, Bargnani seemed unemotional and, by association, unengaged. He arrived as a 20-year-old who spoke little. Seven years later his English has improved luxuriously but he doesn’t speak, publicly at least, a whole lot more than he did that first year.

That said, he never dissed the franchise, never demanded a better cast around him. He never packaged himself as a player who cared too much, a player frustrated by losing or the team’s inability to grab a playoff spot. He seemed distant and maybe, because of that, somehow untrustworthy to the same fans who gobbled up his bobblehead during his rookie season. If they were right, or even fair, I cannot say.

“We collectively decided that a fresh start for both parties was the best way to move forward,” said GM Masai Ujiri and there is no arguing with that.

The first European first overall pick, Bargnani was a franchise-defining selection but not a franchise-defining player. That is his legacy here.

It needn’t be his story in New York. If he plays well and the Knicks win, watch for what was seen as nonchalance here to be re-imagined as transcendent Italian cool.

http://blog.raptors.com/as-he-leaves...drea-bargnani/
            Bingo

Comment

Why is that significant? Was there a famous Knick that once wore #77 as well?

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Based on numerous sources on twitter. He's joining some elite company by doing so.
                I just checked BBR.. the only guys to ever wear #77 were:

John Mahnken
                Gheorghe Muresan
                Sasha Pavlovic
                Vladimir Radmanovic
                Blackie Towery
                Jake Voskuhl

http://www.basketball-reference.com/....cgi?number=77

Jake Voskuhl was the opposite of elite.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I just checked BBR.. the only guys to ever wear #77 were:

John Mahnken
                  Gheorghe Muresan
                  Sasha Pavlovic
                  Vladimir Radmanovic
                  Blackie Towery
                  Jake Voskuhl

http://www.basketball-reference.com/....cgi?number=77

I don't see the significance.
                  I have trouble portraying sarcasm sometimes..
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Why is that significant? Was there a famous Knick that once wore #77 as well?
                    Not at all. Just seems like the worst Number a player could pick, really. Haha

Comment

'Melo wears #7, so it makes sense

Comment

• Its my birthday today, and Bargnani traded has to be the best birthday gift EVER.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Not at all. Just seems like the worst Number a player could pick, really. Haha
                          I actually like it. Why do what everyone else does? Screw that, be yourself, chuck bricks, forget you're seven feet tall, and enjoy that $11M playing for some other team.

That statement started out serious but then something happened...

Comment

• Ciao Andrea, may your pasta always be al dente paesano and your pizza crust chewy. Primo misses you already.

Comment

• Will there ever be a Thread like this ?

Without arguing about whether AB is a good scorer, or an inefficient scorer, there is a certain irony to this trade, in that this is what BC had tried to imitate (to a degree), with the ill-fated Chandler trade. Andrea's "situation" in New York - somewhat mirrors the Raptors. Only the talent is a step up. Time will tell ... I guess.
                              • Melo is what Gay could've been (or could be - Never say never). Bargs never really got a chance to mesh with Gay, and see what could've been.
                              • Chandler is what JV could be - NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2012 - but with better "scoring" hands.
                              • Felton has some similarities with Lowry. Short and both described on Hoopshype as "Conditioning is sometimes an issue with him". As well, inefficient shooters for both guys.
                              • J.R. Smith [6th Man of the Year award] had similar numbers to Demar - albeit, DD is 5 years younger. DD has 4 year - 38 million. Smith is 4 years for 25 million (13 million less).
                              • Stoudemire vs Amir. 29 games vs 81 games makes these 2 comparables, like apples & oranges. However, AJ is better Rebounder, not far off in fg% (-.023), better passer (+1.1 apg), better blocker (+.7), and a lot less money [2 years 13.5 million (7.0 mil - team option) vs Amar'e choking 55.1 million for 2 more years.

Reality is, this trade worked best for both teams, and for Andrea.
                              1. AB gets a new home, an experienced Centre to off-set his help Defense, and a rightful place as NOT the Franchise player [BC's damned & determined f*#k-up].
                              2. This Thread pretty much dies, to live on as a remnant of Raptor bi-polar history.
                              3. New York gets it's 2nd / 3rd scoring option, and someone to spread the floor for Melo (and JR)
                              4. An end to booing a player (to this degree) - which as Kyle said: " I love our fans to death , but booing one of our players isn't cool and it should NOT be done!! Hopefully next game it won't happen!! "
                              5. Everyone is happy again .... until we start chewing on Rudy's ass.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Its my birthday today, and Bargnani traded has to be the best birthday gift EVER.
                                lol happy birthday man

Comment

Working...
                                X