No announcement yet.

Valanciunas is a headcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's neither here nor there at this point (I don't think it was his intent after watching the video), but a 7-footer throwing an elbow at someone who isn't looking isn't a matter of toughness.

Not ragging on JV, just sayin'.
    Not the same thing.

I would throw a phantom elbow or two at Rudy just about every day though.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I am guessing most of the people complaining started following nba ball after the late 90s when hand checking was abolished.

What a collective group of wimps society has become.
      Handchecking and devastating elbows to the head are two different things ... if that elbow connects Plumlee is likely dead (maybe not actually, but you know what I mean).

And while I, like anybody else, can appreciate a little toughness in our locker room, we don't need anyone getting suspended because of said toughness; which JV likely would/will be if that keeps up.

I don't agree with the 'headcase' or 'thug' label, but it certainly was a questionable move that has no place in basketball.
      Toughness or not.

If that were Plumlee throwing the elbow at JV, I think peoples reaction would be different.
      I remember when JV and Hansbrough got tied up in Indiana and people were freaking out over that. I'd say this is much worse than whatever Hanbrough did then.
      Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Handchecking and devastating elbows to the head are two different things ... if that elbow connects Plumlee is likely dead (maybe not actually, but you know what I mean).

And while I, like anybody else, can appreciate a little toughness in our locker room, we don't need anyone getting suspended because of said toughness; which JV likely would/will be if that keeps up.

I don't agree with the 'headcase' or 'thug' label, but it certainly was a questionable move that has no place in basketball.
        Toughness or not.

If that were Plumlee throwing the elbow at JV, I think peoples reaction would be different.
        I remember when JV and Hansbrough got tied up in Indiana and people were freaking out over that. I'd say this is much worse than whatever Hanbrough did then.
        Bingo.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
          Trust me you wouldn't. We can meet up to play if you want lol
          Hey, hold on now, don't get all...ahem....macho on me.

Uh ohhhhh..... see what I did there, and it took what? One little line about making you my bitch on the basketball court? One little playful jab on a message board and yu're inviting me out to play, for real, so you can whip my ass and show me how tough you are. THIS, from a a guy pissy that a pro ball player, dealing with ACTUAL contact, hard, aggressive and bad intended contact, got a bit mad and had a little tantrum.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

come on kid, this is rookie level shit, you just played yourself out.

I think, and I'm only going on what I have read granted, but I have a feeling I could foul you out in less than two quarters with my mouth alone, I wouldn't even have to raise my voice sonny bubbles.

hahaha

anyhow, no really, it wasn't a big deal, certainly not a suspension. lets leave er there now.

Cheers

Comment

• Boom.

I gotta start my training.... starting tomorrow actually Rocwell. Lemme know where to send you cash when its time ok.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              oh man, Craig facing off on Nosike... expect more trash talk than actual ball
              totally, heaven knows I got no game left hahahaha

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post

Absolutely disgusting. Zero self-control, and he's VERY LUCKY he missed there because he could've seriously injured Plumlee with that punch. Ridiculous to see something like this from a young player.

He's a thug and I hope the coaching staff noticed this and is trying to put a stop to it right now. Absolutely unacceptable. Since he's not Cousins or Artest, people are going to try and pretend that it's no big deal, but anyway you want to spin it Valanciunas maliciously tried to hurt another player on this play.
                This is ridiculous man, JV wasn't trying to make contact with him. If JV was seriously throwing a punch here, it would be equivalent to a retard eating chicken wings. Why don't you go play centre in the NBA and see how the pecking order works. He was just showing frustration, when you look at how shitty the refs are towards the Raptors then I would say his actions were warranted.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  I just want to go on record as saying I'm tough. Like not fake tough...real tough. I'll be at the next Raptors meetup in case any of you R-tards wants to take a run at me
                  Shut up, stupid poopie face. I bet my dad could be up your dad. :|

Comment

Meh, I for one thought Raptor fans were ridiculous when the Hansborough thing happened.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Shut up, stupid poopie face. I bet my dad could be up your dad. :|
                      I'm definitely gonna kick the shit out of you Doc. I'm gonna foul you so hard your unborn grand kids gonna get black eyes.

Imma use a Haduken!!!

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                        I'm definitely gonna kick the shit out of you Doc. I'm gonna foul you so hard your unborn grand kids gonna get black eyes.

Imma use a Haduken!!!
                        OMGWTFBBQ ... I can't wait.

Comment

• keep talking lady friend.

Comment

• BTW, this thread is ridiculous. Next thing you know were whippin' out dicks to see who's most endowed.

Comment

• I would lose that one, but we could post GF pictures... then I win. And I played ball!!!!

And I dunked once, i think.

Comment

Toughness or not.

Did he make contact?

Did it look like he intended to make contact?

My opinion is no to both.

If he connects or attempts to connect - circumstances change.

Here is a walk down memory lane:

Listen to the commentary, especially last few seconds, "Its a part of the game."

Best part about that play? Not even a T. Foul shots and Boston got the ball back.

I'm sticking with this thread is trollapalooza and there are a lot of softites floating around Raptors Republic.

Comment

Working...
                                X